HEATER CONTROLS (SUCK)

pnoel

First Name
Pterre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4
Defroster or heat to the vents and or floor you can't have both. put the defroster no heat to cabin, put the cabin heat on
no defrost, these guys never drove in the winter or they are just stupid, dose any one know if this can be corrected.
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Defroster or heat to the vents and or floor you can't have both. put the defroster no heat to cabin, put the cabin heat on
no defrost, these guys never drove in the winter or they are just stupid, dose any one know if this can be corrected.
Hmm, I have no problem selecting Defrost, Defrost/Floor, Vent, Vent/Floor, Floor. What seems to be the issue?

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I will never understand people who buy vehicles THEN do the research. Every button and switch should be tested, That's the reason for test drives. To test everything to ensure nothing "sucks" I wish I would have done that with my 2016 Tacoma. Sucks to find something(s) that sucks AFTER the deal is done.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Just wait until you get in wet from the snow on a cold day.
Your options are limited for keeping you warm, and all your windows defrosted.
The humidity coming off you turns the air moist. You have to decide what's more important to be clear. The windshield or the side windows. The selections limit your abilities
There is a benefit to being able to blow air from all the vents at the same time.
Even at -40 I had no issues in my Explorer so I don't foresee any in the Ranger. I would have the Def/Floor going and it would keep my windshield clear and the side windows too as the little vent hole on the dash next to the A-Pillar blows air on the side window.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Just wait until you get in wet from the snow on a cold day.
Your options are limited for keeping you warm, and all your windows defrosted.
The humidity coming off you turns the air moist. You have to decide what's more important to be clear. The windshield or the side windows. The selections limit your abilities
There is a benefit to being able to blow air from all the vents at the same time.
That is why you start the truck 5 min before you get there so it is all warm and toasty before you get in.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I will never understand people who buy vehicles THEN do the research. Every button and switch should be tested, That's the reason for test drives. To test everything to ensure nothing "sucks" I wish I would have done that with my 2016 Tacoma. Sucks to find something(s) that sucks AFTER the deal is done.
First of all , you seem to forget that as many as most people who bought the new Ranger had little or no access to the Ranger before placing the order.
Second... The early Ranger buyer was deluged with misinformation and ignorance of content from Ford at all levels.

As it turns out, the manual climate control operation is down right weird, I expected the vent controls to be as flexible as on the automatic zoned system, but they decided to go all "imitation old school" on us. Who knew?
Apparently no one, not even the designers themselves, or if they did they were not sharing,

It may be good advice that you offer, but it would have required waiting until the second model year to do the research and discover on your own what features the vehicle actually has and how they operate.

Never in my lifetime have I seen such poor information offered by Ford at the launch of a new product.
Fortunately, that ignorance on Ford's part has been the greatest disappointment for me, since the actual product has proven to be largely acceptable, even desirable. LOVE THE TRUCK!
I am at least glad to have a switch to turn the A/C on and off, but I will miss being able to operate each vent function separately.

Last edited:

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, I have no problem selecting Defrost, Defrost/Floor, Vent, Vent/Floor, Floor. What seems to be the issue?
Ahh but no "Defrost/Vent" or "Defrost/Vent/Floor"

Last edited:

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh but no "Defrost/Vent" or "Defrost/Vent/Floor"
I have never had a vehicle with those options. Including the 2018 equinox and 2018 jeep.

My 2014 F150 did not as well.

Never caused an issue. And I am in NE Ohio snow belt.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have never had a vehicle with those options. Including the 2018 equinox and 2018 jeep.

My 2014 F150 did not as well.

Never caused an issue. And I am in NE Ohio snow belt.
I haven't either,until I got my TC with dual climate control.
I tell you that little truck is a great driver and regular Swiss army knife!
If only it had a 2.3L Ecoboost and an 8SPD!! WOW!

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
My 63 Fairlane had great heater controls, long cables attached to the vents, come to think of it that car was cold, just made my girl snuggle closer.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, you seem to forget that as many as most people who bought the new Ranger had little or no access to the Ranger before placing the order. That would not be very smart I don't care who the manufacturer is...However, they don't have to actually buy it.

Second... The early Ranger buyer was deluged with misinformation and ignorance of content from Ford at all levels.
See above answer. If people bought a pig in a poke and they don't like it afterward, lesson learned.

As it turns out, the manual climate control operation is down right weird, I expected the vent controls to be as flexible as on the automatic zoned system, but they decided to go all "imitation old school" on us. Who knew?
Apparently no one, not even the designers themselves, or if they did they were not sharing, Not an issue so I can't offer an opinion either way

It may be good advice that you offer, but it would have required waiting until the second model year to do the research and discover on your own what features the vehicle actually has and how they operate. No need to wait a year Many of us waited until the first wave of trucks were sold . Trucks are on the lots and there are nice incentives. As far as operating features, you can get that from a dealer. They have a position for this person who will help with understanding Sync 3 and other features

Never in my lifetime have I seen such poor information offered by Ford at the launch of a new product.
Fortunately, that ignorance on Ford's part has been the greatest disappointment for me, since the actual product has proven to be largely acceptable, even desirable. LOVE THE TRUCK! That's why we're here
I am at least glad to have a switch to turn the A/C on and off, but I will miss being able to operate each vent function separately.

Last edited:

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, they just need to RTFM!

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My XLT has the ATC and I have had zero problems with it I can put he heat where I want.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah , by February there were dozens of Lariat 4door 4WD FX4s on distant urban lots.
No 2WDs, no SuperCabs, no XL series or STXs.
Certainly not a problem for those who desire trinkets over value.
There is no longer an options list, so nobody gets the exact truck he wants.

I would rather have had simple questions answered correctly, but I am still satisfied with my STX.
Over time...I was told my "pig" would have Limited Slip, Co-Pilot 360, a block heater, LED taillights, fold down rear seatbacks, even a sunglass holder, none of which was true, and most cleared up before delivery.
The only one worth concern was the LS which can't be had even on a loaded Lariat.

I did get the "pig" I expected from the "poke sack" without breaking the bank:piggybank:.
even though I had to wait on some details until Ford finally "let the cat out of the bag" to find out!:rolleyes:

" IMO"... I did, after all that, get the best value offered in a Ranger, with the best features and appearance inside and out.

OH.. and for the price difference I got this...

DSCF0036.JPG

View attachment 12685
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited: