First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ranger Lariat FX4 Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro
Occupation
Moving Electrons Around
Earlier this week my wife and I finished up an 11 day road trip. We camped some, did a bit of off-roading through death valley, skied and had a lot of fun driving the Ranger in the snow. Roughest road we went on was Lippincott Pass in DV. We started at the race track side of it and went down to Saline Valley. The crawl mode worked quite well(I was a bit skeptical if I would use it). We camped at Boxcar cabin(it was quite cold) and then headed north to some hot springs near Bridgeport. Then on to Virginia City, NV, Reno and final stop was Truckee, CA where we stayed for Christmas. We lucked out and got pummeled with snow while in Truckee. I had to put the Ranger into a snow bank at one point to avoid getting smashed into by another truck the just got rear ended. There were a lot of close calls while up there, but luckily we made it out with only a few scratches.

I'm quite happy with the Ranger's performance in all areas we went. Not much to complain about. I can't say I'm all that please with the RSI Smartcap in snowy conditions. I'll save that for another thread. Some places to check out if you're doing the Eastside of the SIerras are Lone Pine/Alabama Hills, Virginia City and Truckee. Had a great time in all places. Here's some photos(some I had already posted in the snow thread).
20211219_135712.jpg
20211219_130011(0).jpg
20211219_152556(0).jpg
IMG_3691.JPEG
IMG_3741.JPEG
IMG_3763.JPEG
IMG_3820.JPEG

Sponsored

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Nice pics.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I love the Eastern Slope of the Sierras. Been all up and down it, camped a lot at Convict Lake as a base, here is a shot in the Alabama Hills just outside Lone Pine. Did you hit the Classic Car Museum in LP? a great place to stop.

DJI_0131 copya copy.png

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the memories - Did a MC camping trip years ago that hits alot of the same locations!

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Enjoyed the pics!

Did you pick up any good bakery items at Schat's Bakery in Bishop? I always stop there when going through the area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FXranger4

FXranger4

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Moving Electrons Around
I love the Eastern Slope of the Sierras. Been all up and down it, camped a lot at Convict Lake as a base, here is a shot in the Alabama Hills just outside Lone Pine. Did you hit the Classic Car Museum in LP? a great place to stop.

DJI_0131 copya copy.png
Nice shot! I didn't. Had a late night at Jake's and didn't get to check out a whole lot. The night we camped in Alabama hills was really nice though. Mountains were super bright from the moon.

OP
OP
FXranger4

FXranger4

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Moving Electrons Around
Thanks for the memories - Did a MC camping trip years ago that hits alot of the same locations!
Awesome. MC camping is pretty special. I just did an across the country trip in October. It was epic. Except for Kansas. That state is just a boring on a bike as it is in a car.

OP
OP
FXranger4

FXranger4

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Moving Electrons Around
Enjoyed the pics!

Did you pick up any good bakery items at Schat's Bakery in Bishop? I always stop there when going through the area.
I didn't, we just passed through. I think my wife did when she was up that way in the summer though.

Bsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4

DJI_0131 copya copy.png
What campground is this?

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Nice trip. I have been to most of those places.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
What campground is this?
Tuttle Creek camp ground, just a few miles West of Loan Pine near the Alabama Hills. Turn on Granite View Dr in town and it will be on the left about 3 miles out, there is a sign. First come, vault toilets, RV spots with table and fire ring, water is spotty so bring your own, we enjoyed it for a week while exploring the area. Here are a couple better shots
Mount Whitney via 'The Eye' in Alabama Hills
IMG_0982.JPG

A better drone view of our camping area, spots have plenty of room. There are plenty of free boondocking sites in the hills.
DJI_0131.png

WOADKIL

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
Earlier this week my wife and I finished up an 11 day road trip. We camped some, did a bit of off-roading through death valley, skied and had a lot of fun driving the Ranger in the snow. Roughest road we went on was Lippincott Pass in DV. We started at the race track side of it and went down to Saline Valley. The crawl mode worked quite well(I was a bit skeptical if I would use it). We camped at Boxcar cabin(it was quite cold) and then headed north to some hot springs near Bridgeport. Then on to Virginia City, NV, Reno and final stop was Truckee, CA where we stayed for Christmas. We lucked out and got pummeled with snow while in Truckee. I had to put the Ranger into a snow bank at one point to avoid getting smashed into by another truck the just got rear ended. There were a lot of close calls while up there, but luckily we made it out with only a few scratches.

I'm quite happy with the Ranger's performance in all areas we went. Not much to complain about. I can't say I'm all that please with the RSI Smartcap in snowy conditions. I'll save that for another thread. Some places to check out if you're doing the Eastside of the SIerras are Lone Pine/Alabama Hills, Virginia City and Truckee. Had a great time in all places. Here's some photos(some I had already posted in the snow thread).
20211219_135712.jpg
20211219_130011(0).jpg
20211219_152556(0).jpg
IMG_3691.JPEG
IMG_3741.JPEG
IMG_3763.JPEG
IMG_3820.JPEG

Just finished Lone Pine, Alabama Hills, Titus Canyon and many other places in around DV. Due to a Cherokee leaking rear seals we had to cut Lippencott trail…?…
Sponsored