Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Without a doubt the Ranger is no rocket, but it's quick enough to be entertaining.

The Tacoma I tested was a dog and the exact opposite of entertaining.

In my area, a really fast car is useless since as soon as you step on it a soccer mom is going to pull in front of you or you'll top the hill and a dozen bicyclists are clogging the road.
I've always wondered how a dog has come to be equated with being slow...I don't know of any dogs, even my tiny 11lb Shi Tsu as being slow...he's a blur+lightning bolt...o_O:LOL:

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I love it like today when there is a hole on 285 here in Atlanta and clear roads ahead - push the petal all the way down and off you go like a little rocket.

I should also say I do my best to stay close the speed limit on side streets - but it is nice having 45 and 55 MPH streets and getting up to speed while most cars are still trying to get through the intersection.

This fun engine and transmission have been great and gives a smile every time I put the pedal to the metal
Pssshhh...even going through ATL on I-20 I still get passed by Chargers and Challengers...but oh man...the ol' grampa in the old C-10...whoo boy do I smoke him!! Lol..

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Smiles per gallon > miles per gallon :rockon: The Ranger is very fun to drive, especially in sport mode. My fun car (600HP turbo S2000) has to sit through our terrible winter, so the Ranger and its baby turbo sure help my boost addiction.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I maybe dating myself with the title - but there are times I like to drop the shifter to S - and when the light goes green - drive like I stole the truck. This truck just gets up and moves very quickly and you get to see the beauty of this powertrain - that transmission takes you right to redline and then shifts so smoothly. I do like that - MPG be damned
Tune it!

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
On road - drive easy/moderate with a WOT here and there
Off road - drive it like a rental, can't help myself :sunglasses:

Honestly it's kinda of hard to get excited with the on road performance of my truck, It's a turd compared to my fun car... Supercharged Mustang... :like:
Okay so maybe the Mustang would be a little more fun than the Ranger.

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pssshhh...even going through ATL on I-20 I still get passed by Chargers and Challengers...but oh man...the ol' grampa in the old C-10...whoo boy do I smoke him!! Lol..
I-20 is a scary place - I try to avoid that area especially the Conyers area - lots of Chargers/Challengers and others flying

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Without a doubt the Ranger is no rocket, but it's quick enough to be entertaining.

The Tacoma I tested was a dog and the exact opposite of entertaining.

In my area, a really fast car is useless since as soon as you step on it a soccer mom is going to pull in front of you or you'll top the hill and a dozen bicyclists are clogging the road.
You have to remind those soccer mom's around here who's boss.... are just keep a good eye out for them and lay on the horn. Here in the North Fulton area those soccer mom's are usually going faster then anyone else.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I drive to work at 4:30am and the roads are empty. I’ve found that the speed limiter does in fact work a few times.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I love taking a local 90 degree up hill on ramp to work with traffic behind (tail gating me) and effortlessly leave them behind in my mirror...not even half throttle:)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I love taking a local 90 degree up hill on ramp to work with traffic behind (tail gating me) and effortlessly leave them behind in my mirror...not even half throttle:)
Hi Sid,

We have on ramps to I19 that are two lane merging into one. The cross road has two turn lanes. I am sitting in the left turn lane and this old fart in a midlife crisis pulls up in the right lane in his sportscar...Mustang, Camero, FCA POS etc. Light turns to green and my little Ranger Rockets around the corner and leaves them in the dust, only to find I am at merge speed of 65mph. So they stand on it to pass me after merging on to the freeway ... I just smile as they did not expect a pickup to have that kind of acceleration....What fun! :):):)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Sid,

We have on ramps to I19 that are two lane merging into one. The cross road has two turn lanes. I am sitting in the left turn lane and this old fart in a midlife crisis pulls up in the right lane in his sportscar...Mustang, Camero, FCA POS etc. Light turns to green and my little Ranger Rockets around the corner and leaves them in the dust, only to find I am at merge speed of 65mph. So they stand on it to pass me after merging on to the freeway ... I just smile as they did not expect a pickup to have that kind of acceleration....What fun! :):):)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Time to add a kill sticker like on WWII fighters Phil:like::)

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I mean it’s a pickup truck, I drive it like a pickup truck. I don’t see much fun in hammering the gas, it’s decently quick but most sports cars are much more fun to drive. Although I have dreamed about owning a 2wd Ranger, tune it and lower with some sick suspension and having a little sleeper truck. That would be fun.
Sponsored