[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Jon_H

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4WD FX4, 1998 Toyota Tacoma 4WD
It won’t throw codes, and modifying your Speedo calibration doesn’t void your warranty any more than running aftermarket tires does.
Thank you for the info!
Sponsored

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
Dont worry about what other ppl say.. when u change it yu wont automatically feel the difference.. to me the real difference is in the mpg... the first thank i did with 91 i got 528 and with the second tank i was able to pull 578 miles on one tank

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know, will it throw codes or void the warranty?
Link to the post is here in case you haven't seen it...

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-speedo-calibration-for-larger-tires.4200/

Just did this for my 285/70/17 tires over the weekend. Works like a charm, but did get the U0422 code. Hasn't affected anything and from what I'm told only shows up in FORSCAN :bandit:

If you're not familiar with FORSCAN check out this post. A lot of neat things you can customize on our trucks.:rockon:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-crowdsourced-wiki.2008/

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
According to the post I saw on the FB Ranger post, looks like there is one coming
cat=100&_nc_ohc=oaO_X9H5Z1kAQkwybAQSiRzIFSoeOEkSvZpI1k8bVrRDUdEnpAaJPLz8g&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.jpg
Just went on line and did a "chat" with someone from Ford Performance - they expect it 1st quarter this year and are excited about it...not as excites as I am :)

IdriveG5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
Just went on line and did a "chat" with someone from Ford Performance - they expect it 1st quarter this year and are excited about it...not as excites as I am :)
Geez, I just chatted with them the other day, and they would not say crap! How did you get so lucky :)

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geez, I just chatted with them the other day, and they would not say crap! How did you get so lucky :)
I looked for a phone number before and couldn't find one, I've tried on-line chat on the regular Ford parts site and I knew more than whomever I was chatting with so I tried this. At the Ford Performance site they did not find the part number which did not surprise since unless they have a different data base of parts its not listed. So I pasted the link that shows the picture of the cut sheet at the start of this thread and either they were greening me or its coming before too long. You never know when but I think we know its coming.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford Product Description reads a lot like the Roush Performance pack 1 I was just reviewing:

https://www.roushperformance.com/pa...y/2019-ranger-23l-performance-pac-level1.html

DESCRIPTION
Product highlights for the 2019-2020 Ranger 2.3L ROUSH Performance Pac - Level 1:

• Fits 2019, 2020 Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost® engine
  • Peak power increases of 14 horsepower and 53 lb-ft of torque over stock
  • Greatly improved airflow with reduced intake restriction over stock
  • High-flow, washable and reusable performance air filter that does not require oiling
  • Designed using OEM CAD data to guarantee perfect fitment
  • Cold Air Kit features engineered transparent lid maintaining factory water fording capability by retaining the stock airbox snorkel
  • High-performance throttle and boost mapping for increased horsepower, torque, and throttle response throughout the RPM range
  • Compatible with premium pump gas
  • 3-year/36,000 mile limited ROUSH powertrain warranty included
  • Calibration optimized for 93 octane fuel
What’s included:

• ROUSH Cold Air Induction Kit
  • ROUSH Performance Engine Calibration
The 2019-2020 ROUSH Level 1 Ranger Performance Pac for the 2.3L EcoBoost® engine has been engineered to deliver trademark ROUSH power and performance in an easy-to-install kit. Designed to offer increased power gains and engine performance, the Level 1 Performance Pac has been extensively tested on both the road and in the lab for maximum thrill and reliability.

The kit includes a ROUSH Cold Air Induction Kit and ROUSH Performance Engine Calibration delivering peak increase power gains of 14 horsepower and 53 lb-ft of torque. For even more ease of use, the Level 1 Performance Pac has been engineered for use with premium pump gas.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Ford Product Description reads a lot like the Roush Performance pack 1 I was just reviewing:......
There are several CAI threads including one on the Roush. Interesting that the Ford just has the air cleaner and the Roush has a complete housing swap and air cleaner. Most interesting is that both have guarantees and on a earlier thread on CAI the haters were out in force. Not sure CAI does a lot but both the coming Ford and the Roush also have tunes...and there were lots of haters on tune threads too, but again mostly on warranty worries.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I would definitely get the ford tune when it comes out. Enough of a boost and warranty coverage.

I cannot picture Ford denying a claim for having a factory tune. I used to work for Ford ESP as a breakdown inspector, and they specifically wanted us to look for shredded tire in the wheel wells/aftermarket adjustable boost controllers/different sized supercharger pulleys(back in the day) and poor maintenance records if they had a question on if a claim was legit or not.

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
There are several CAI threads including one on the Roush. Interesting that the Ford just has the air cleaner and the Roush has a complete housing swap and air cleaner. Most interesting is that both have guarantees and on a earlier thread on CAI the haters were out in force. Not sure CAI does a lot but both the coming Ford and the Roush also have tunes...and there were lots of haters on tune threads too, but again mostly on warranty worries.
In order to be 50 state legal, they wouldn't be able to use the Roush CAI setup as that is not legal in CA and other states that follow their standards.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I would definitely get the ford tune when it comes out. Enough of a boost and warranty coverage.

I cannot picture Ford denying a claim for having a factory tune. I used to work for Ford ESP as a breakdown inspector, and they specifically wanted us to look for shredded tire in the wheel wells/aftermarket adjustable boost controllers/different sized supercharger pulleys(back in the day) and poor maintenance records if they had a question on if a claim was legit or not.
The way I see it is, maybe the Ford tune promises less in terms of HP and Torque than other aftermarket providers, but Ford has the resources and experience to make those numbers without putting the engine at risk. And if there is a warranty issue, would you rather take it up with Ford, Roush, or Local Shop X, Y, Z? So, yeah, I will wait until the Ford Performance Tune comes out before doing anything to my Ranger's engine more risky than feeding it premium gas....

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red, 1993 F-150 XLT
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
Though Roush was comparing 93 Octane stock tune to their after results using a dyno. Ford appears to just be using their claimed stock power compared to their claimed tuned power.

On premium fuel the Ranger makes more than the advertised 270/310 at the crank, because that is the prescribed power output with 87 octane and a fully degraded OAR (Octane Adjustment Ratio) in the ECU.

If you run premium fuel and have a fully advanced OAR value the Ranger commands about 310/339 at the crank.
Yes Steve, I agree with what you are saying.
The stock dyno hp and torq numbers that Roush Performance is showing are higher then other tuners dyno numbers. It does look like Roush's first dyno numbers are like 20 to 30 higher then what others are getting on their stock numbers which goes along with what I have been reading of being able to increase stock hp just by running 93 octane. So if Roush is stating an increase of 14 rwhp & 53 rwtq they are not taking credit for the additional 20 to 30 hp/torq that was achived by running the 93 octane as compaired to the 87 octane. Sounds like maybe some tuners are claiming an additional 20 to 30 hp/torq that is just from the upgrade of fuel, not the result of their tune. A little deceiving maybe? Using those rules, I guess Roush could state their CAI & Tune are adding not 14 hp but 34 to 44 hp increase. Interesting.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes Steve, I agree with what you are saying.
The stock dyno hp and torq numbers that Roush Performance is showing are higher then other tuners dyno numbers. It does look like Roush's first dyno numbers are like 20 to 30 higher then what others are getting on their stock numbers which goes along with what I have been reading of being able to increase stock hp just by running 93 octane. So if Roush is stating an increase of 14 rwhp & 53 rwtq they are not taking credit for the additional 20 to 30 hp/torq that was achived by running the 93 octane as compaired to the 87 octane. Sounds like maybe some tuners are claiming an additional 20 to 30 hp/torq that is just from the upgrade of fuel, not the result of their tune. A little deceiving maybe? Using those rules, I guess Roush could state their CAI & Tune are adding not 14 hp but 34 to 44 hp increase. Interesting.
So does this mean the net results of the Roush and the Ford are roughly the same? I can't read the numbers on the plots of the Ford tune on the cut sheet. Another thing is that if the Ranger "kit" is like that for the Mustang you get a drop in filter which is probably essentially like or is a K/N, while the Roush has the chamber and the cone shaped filter like more traditional cold air set ups? If the net increase is about the same and both have the same warranty, then I'd opted for the Roush....at least in absence of additional information that we hopefully amass before the Ford comes out. And I don't know that we have anyone posting that has actually done the Roush mod?

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Dont worry about what other ppl say.. when u change it yu wont automatically feel the difference.. to me the real difference is in the mpg... the first thank i did with 91 i got 528 and with the second tank i was able to pull 578 miles on one tank
578 miles on one tank? No F’n way bro. My truck is broken then because I don’t even get 300miles. Given my bigger tires the computer is off but not by that much.

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
So does this mean the net results of the Roush and the Ford are roughly the same? I can't read the numbers on the plots of the Ford tune on the cut sheet. Another thing is that if the Ranger "kit" is like that for the Mustang you get a drop in filter which is probably essentially like or is a K/N, while the Roush has the chamber and the cone shaped filter like more traditional cold air set ups? If the net increase is about the same and both have the same warranty, then I'd opted for the Roush....at least in absence of additional information that we hopefully amass before the Ford comes out. And I don't know that we have anyone posting that has actually done the Roush mod?

I think I read here that someone has it, but didn't give much details. He probably hasn't had time with it to compile anything yet? I could have been dreaming lol...I am old. ;)
Sponsored