[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn't planning on tuning my Ranger at all. If this is indeed offered directly by Ford w/ the factory warranty, I would certainly be interested. Much better numbers than the more conservative Rousch tune.
Though Roush was comparing 93 Octane stock tune to their after results using a dyno. Ford appears to just be using their claimed stock power compared to their claimed tuned power.

On premium fuel the Ranger makes more than the advertised 270/310 at the crank, because that is the prescribed power output with 87 octane and a fully degraded OAR (Octane Adjustment Ratio) in the ECU.

If you run premium fuel and have a fully advanced OAR value the Ranger commands about 310/339 at the crank.
Sponsored

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
I’d talk to several service managers and see what the consensus is for this. I have a hard time believing Ford is going to deny all warranty claims simply due to there after market part. I’m sure it’s a case by case basis but if it got out Ford is denying everything because of the tune they wouldn’t sell anything.

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I’d talk to several service managers and see what the consensus is for this. I have a hard time believing Ford is going to deny all warranty claims simply due to there after market part. I’m sure it’s a case by case basis but if it got out Ford is denying everything because of the tune they wouldn’t sell anything.
It’s not that they would deny the claim because of the equipment they sold you under warranty. It’s that the warranty covers DEFECTS and not User Error or Abuse.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
** A Word of Warning **
Even if this Ford Performance Tune is "warrantied", you need to be careful.
When I was researching a possible Ford Focus ST purchase, Ford Performance was offering a tune for it, but when I spoke to the service manager at my local Ford dealer, he said that they would "most likely" deny warrantee coverage on a Focus ST engine if it had this tune.
He said this in reference to the warrantee claim denials that had been given for some F150s that were running the Ford Performance tune at the time.

Very true but isn’t that all warranty Ford tuned or not??

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Very true but isn’t that all warranty Ford tuned or not??
Yes, it is always their discretion to approve or deny claims. Even on a 100% stock vehicle, if the owners use or neglect is determined to be the source of a failure they can deny you coverage.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
According to the post I saw on the FB Ranger post, looks like there is one coming
cat=100&_nc_ohc=oaO_X9H5Z1kAQkwybAQSiRzIFSoeOEkSvZpI1k8bVrRDUdEnpAaJPLz8g&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.jpg
Interesting - Much better gains than the tune with the Roush CAI as noted in this thread, not sure why they wouldn't include a CAI and not just the air filter. Advantage would be you should be able to use your Ford Connect points towards it. And I already use 93 octane and have the Borla exhaust. Any thing I can get done at my dealer stays under wife-dar.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn't planning on tuning my Ranger at all. If this is indeed offered directly by Ford w/ the factory warranty, I would certainly be interested. Much better numbers than the more conservative Rousch tune.
I wasn’t planning on tuning either (just like I wasn’t planning on leveling until the Ford Performance Kit came out), but if I can get significant improvements to HP and torque with Ford warranty and 50-States’ compliance, then hell yes, I’m interested!

Jon_H

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4WD FX4, 1998 Toyota Tacoma 4WD
I don't really need the tune or the added cost of fuel, but I would pay $$ to get the speedo/odo corrected for 33" (or taller) tires.

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I don't really need the tune or the added cost of fuel, but I would pay $$ to get the speedo/odo corrected for 33" (or taller) tires.
You can buy an ELM327 on Amazon for less than $15 and calibrate that yourself.

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have this?
Yes, I have one. They are fairly easy to use and the Forscan software is free to use. I think you need a Windows Laptop to use it, I didn’t try on my Mac.

I guess I bought it on eBay and not Amazon like I originally thought. But you can buy it on either site.

FA1EC815-DFE7-4F92-A9FC-32F3A4502ECA.jpeg

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know, will it throw codes or void the warranty?
It won’t throw codes, and modifying your Speedo calibration doesn’t void your warranty any more than running aftermarket tires does.

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Xlt Sport Supercrew 2wd
Though Roush was comparing 93 Octane stock tune to their after results using a dyno. Ford appears to just be using their claimed stock power compared to their claimed tuned power.

On premium fuel the Ranger makes more than the advertised 270/310 at the crank, because that is the prescribed power output with 87 octane and a fully degraded OAR (Octane Adjustment Ratio) in the ECU.

If you run premium fuel and have a fully advanced OAR value the Ranger commands about 310/339 at the crank.
OMG where were you yesterday?! Lol everyone was piling on me saying premium has no effect.

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
OMG where were you yesterday?! Lol everyone was piling on me saying premium has no effect.
The average Forum-goer knows nothing first hand of the software in these vehicles. Not surprised they stood their ground without knowledge.

You also can’t just pump in 91/93 and feel an immediate difference. You have to give time for the OAR to adjust and trust the improved octane. There are ways to reset it and force a faster learn, but you’re not going to get a fully positive OAR right after you pump the gas.
Sponsored

Last edited: