Topper Shell

Peas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Is it solid enough to put a tent on the cover rack?
I am unsure about that. I believe it should be solid enough to support a lighter weight RTT.
Sponsored

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Machine & Tool Designer- Ford Motor Comapny
Vehicle Showcase
That's another reason I'm interested in a topper. My fatbike just barely fits under my tonneau (with the front tire removed) when there's nothing else under there, but definitely not when I have all my other usual junk in the bed (like my cargo bag and all that entails). Certainly can't fit multiple bikes, unless you want to transport them uncovered, which I don't want to do in the winter. Same reason I don't want to use my hitch rack in the winter either. Don't want to get the bike all covered in salt and road grime.
Here's my TREK fuel ex 9.8. size: 17.5 in. with 27.5+ wheels/tires, it fits....barely!
My TREK Farley 5 (18in) actually fits better. so does the gravel bike.
There's two issues as i see it.
1) the front of the ARE V-series cap, where it overhangs the front edge of the trucks bed, has a gap. The caps edge protrudes inward into the bed space...leaving you with about 1.5 inches less length at the bed rail hight.
2) not sure its all wide enough for two bikes side by side.

20191208_102243.jpg

20191208_102249.jpg

20191208_102254.jpg

20191208_183918.jpg

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a picture of your mountain bike in there? I’m curious about transporting my bike under a topper versus on a hitch bike rack. Thanks!
20191208_102243.jpg

20191208_102249.jpg

20191208_183918.jpg

Deleted member 1634

Here's my TREK fuel ex 9.8. size: 17.5 in. with 27.5+ wheels/tires, it fits....barely!
1) the front of the ARE V-series cap, where it overhangs the front edge of the trucks bed, has a gap. The caps edge protrudes inward into the bed space...leaving you with about 1.5 inches less length at the bed rail hight.

20191208_102243.jpg

20191208_102249.jpg

20191208_102254.jpg

20191208_183918.jpg
Seems like I'd probably be fine laying them down, which is the way I've transported them before. I'm not too worried about standing them up. And that way I don't have to deal with the bulkhead to topper issue you're talking about. It's just that if more than one are laying down on top of each other the handlebars stick up above the bed rails, making a tonneau no good. Or I could stand them up and go at an angle (corner of bed to corner of bed) too it looks like. Either way, it's much more workable space than what I'm dealing with now.

Thanks!

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like I'd probably be fine laying them down, which is the way I've transported them before. I'm not too worried about standing them up. And that way I don't have to deal with the bulkhead to topper issue you're talking about. It's just that if more than one are laying down on top of each other the handlebars stick up above the bed rails, making a tonneau no good. Or I could stand them up and go at an angle (corner of bed to corner of bed) too it looks like. Either way, it's much more workable space than what I'm dealing with now.

Thanks!
Yeah true, but i don't like laying bikes down bat all, especially expensive ones and on top of each other.
I definitely prefer to stand them up in a tray or on a fork mount. I just wish the Ranger offered two wheel bases, so you can get a Crew Cab with a 6' bed...problems solved lol.

etranger

First Name
Etienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger

20191208_102243.jpg

20191208_102249.jpg

20191208_102254.jpg

20191208_183918.jpg
The bikes handle bars won’t fit side by side, you can install a fork adapter as you did, but in the back of the bed, and put one of the bike inverse.

Alex Bedrosian

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger xlt fx4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey ya'll (my first post ever to this forum)

Just picked up my new '19 black/black fx4 ranger (4door) 2 days ago! Happy so far.

Big question, I am planning on doing 3 things off the bat, 32"tires/offset wheels, upgrade suspension (prob icon with piggybacks for the rear, and a TOPPER

Here is the thing, I am having a hard time researching a topper, other than a brand new one. I have scoured the internet for the last week trying to find any info from anyone who may have tried to fit a new topper from another vehicle onto their '19 ranger (i.e. from a Taco, Colorado, etc)

Any advice? Other than just flipping the bill for a fresh one?>

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Hey ya'll (my first post ever to this forum)

Just picked up my new '19 black/black fx4 ranger (4door) 2 days ago! Happy so far.

Big question, I am planning on doing 3 things off the bat, 32"tires/offset wheels, upgrade suspension (prob icon with piggybacks for the rear, and a TOPPER

Here is the thing, I am having a hard time researching a topper, other than a brand new one. I have scoured the internet for the last week trying to find any info from anyone who may have tried to fit a new topper from another vehicle onto their '19 ranger (i.e. from a Taco, Colorado, etc)

Any advice? Other than just flipping the bill for a fresh one?>
unless you're talking about a commercial style aluminum/steel topper, there's no way something from a different mid size truck is going to fit even remotely close to the body style of the ranger.

Alex Bedrosian

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger xlt fx4
Vehicle Showcase
unless you're talking about a commercial style aluminum/steel topper, there's no way something from a different mid size truck is going to fit even remotely close to the body style of the ranger.

Yelp...That is definitive, thank you

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Finally broke down and ordered my Century Ultra Sport along with keyless entry and a BedRug. Gonna get out more this summer! Three week wait begins...

Deleted member 1634

I think this was asked earlier in the thread, but I didn't see a response. Has anyone noticed a mileage change, either up or down, with the addition of their topper?

Ranger Rick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
It appears there's at least three threads related to toppers/camper shells. Can a mod merge them? In the meantime, anyone have the Leer 180 (mid-rise) on their Ranger? Or has anyone even SEEN one on a Ranger? I'm close to ordering one, but I'd love to see what it looks like on the truck before pulling the trigger. I can't find a single picture anywhere online.

JoeG

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab Lightning Blue
I don't think that the Leer 180 are available for the new Ranger. Nothing but the 100 series caps come up as fitting when you do the "Fit My Truck" tab on the Leer website. https://www.leer.com/truck-caps

I want a mid rise cap myself, preferably the one from Jeraco as I like the styling better than Leer or ARE. When I called Jeraco in December, they said that they were working on the mold for their 5 ft bed Ranger mid rise, and that the 6 ft bed would be next. They said that I'd be able to get my 6 ft mid rise "late winter."
Sponsored