John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Ok
Still, lowering the rear on the new Ranger is going to be a trick.....and expensive.
And on this we agree.

I'm betting though within a few months there will be replacement springs available, that are de-arched.
Sponsored

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Ok
Still, lowering the rear on the new Ranger is going to be a trick.....and expensive.
That’s not necessarily true. We’ll probably see some lowering shackles come out eventually, and they won’t be that pricey.

The “when” is the issue at this point.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
That’s not necessarily true. We’ll probably see some lowering shackles come out eventually, and they won’t be that pricey.

The “when” is the issue at this point.
Maybe if they are "Jack's Magic Beanstalk Shackles".... There's no room to shorten the shackles enough to make a significant change on our 2019 Rangers.

Rear Shackle.JPG

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Maybe if they are "Jack's Magic Beanstalk Shackles".... There's no room to shorten the shackles enough to make a significant change on our 2019 Rangers.
Supposedly, there's a couple of 1" drop shackles in the works, so while not "significant" they may be a future option for folks to reduce rake a smidge.

OP
OP
djrobb

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Those are the fronts, but honestly the rears here make a bigger difference in street ride, so you may want to consider those first, unless you’re also looking to level your truck.
Jason, when installing these does it matter which side is up? In online installation videos I see the side with the rubber part sometimes positioned up and sometimes positioned down by the wheels. The directions from Eibach are also not clear. Thanks!

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Jason, when installing these does it matter which side is up? In online installation videos I see the side with the rubber part sometimes positioned up and sometimes positioned down by the wheels. The directions from Eibach are also not clear. Thanks!
Technically, with a monotube, orientation doesn't really matter.

We prefer barrel-up, shaft-down on our trucks (especially with something like the Eibachs that come with a boot) since you're less likely to nick the shaft to the point of causing a seal failure than puncturing the barrel.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Supposedly, there's a couple of 1" drop shackles in the works, so while not "significant" they may be a future option for folks to reduce rake a smidge.
Great to hear. I would like to drop the rear 2" but I could live with a 1" drop if it's cheaper & easy to install

OP
OP
djrobb

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Jason, I like the Eibach rear shocks. If I want to add the front struts and keep the stock ride height, or add like an inch, would I just keep the factory springs and only buy the struts?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/E...Eibach-Pro-Truck-Front-3-Leveling-Struts.html
Correct.

The Eibach struts come with perch settings for a 0" factory ride height, +.75" over stock, +1.5" over stock, +2.25" over stock, and +3" over stock.

If you want to keep the stock ride height, you'd just have the collar put at the lowest perch setting and then use your stock springs.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Jason,any more info on drop shackles? Also any ship time for Eibach rear shocks? Thanks Bret

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Jason,any more info on drop shackles? Also any ship time for Eibach rear shocks? Thanks Bret
We probably won't have anything solid on the drop shackles for months. We only have the very vaguest of "we're working on them" from a couple of brands. I'll ask Noah if either he or Bill got anything more solid while at SEMA when they get back with the Ranger from their Sedona trip.

Last we heard, Eibach had plenty of stock on the shocks, but we (among many others) did shellack them with orders over Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and we haven't seen any tracking yet. We're hoping to get tracking from Eibach sometime today.

Shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll see if I can't follow up directly.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jason

great stuff as usual. Was looking at your site and going to order some after market parts next week(bedrug, raptor lights, truck bed box) . At some point I’d like to get your opinion on the best leveling kit setup for off-roading and daily driving. I have the Lariat with the FX4 package and would like to get the best of both with a slighter importance on pavement ride . Wife thinks the truck is a little too bouncy. Any feedback appreciated.

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Hey Jason

great stuff as usual. Was looking at your site and going to order some after market parts next week(bedrug, raptor lights, truck bed box) . At some point I’d like to get your opinion on the best leveling kit setup for off-roading and daily driving. I have the Lariat with the FX4 package and would like to get the best of both with a slighter importance on pavement ride . Wife thinks the truck is a little too bouncy. Any feedback appreciated.
Your choice is really going to depend on what kind of off-roading you're planning on doing. If you're just doing the occasional forest road for camping or hunting and not ripping around at speed, then the Eibachs will probably be fine. If you're looking to do more serious trail riding on the weekends, then you'd probably want to jump to the Fox 2.0s.

2.5s may even be on the table depending on how fast you want to rip around vs. what kind of on-road ride quality you want to maintain.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Your choice is really going to depend on what kind of off-roading you're planning on doing. If you're just doing the occasional forest road for camping or hunting and not ripping around at speed, then the Eibachs will probably be fine. If you're looking to do more serious trail riding on the weekends, then you'd probably want to jump to the Fox 2.0s.

2.5s may even be on the table depending on how fast you want to rip around vs. what kind of on-road ride quality you want to maintain.
Thanks for the quick response. Likely some off-roading, washboard roads, and trail riding. I’m a fly fishing guide and the roads can be a crappy at times. However, riding around town 90% of the time. I’ve looked at a few set ups and tough to know which will give me the ideal ride. Cost really isn’t an issue. I plan on having the truck for a long while. Need the wife happy on the pavement and capability to get off road somewhat. Investing in the best for long term happiness is well worth it. Figured you might need more to the story. Thanks.

Last edited:

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Thanks for the quick response. Likely some off-roading, washboard roads, and trail riding. I’m a fly fishing guide and the roads can be a crappy at times. However, riding around town 90% of the time. I’ve looked at a few set ups and tough to know which will give me the ideal ride. Cost really isn’t an issue. I plan on having the truck for a long while. Need the wife happy on the pavement and capability to get off road somewhat. Investing in the best for long term happiness is well worth it. Figured you might need more to the story. Thanks.
In this case, I'd recommend the Fox 2.0s.
Sponsored