djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, do you have any suggestions for improving the on-road ride quality of the Ranger? I am looking to smooth out the on-road ride quality without raising the height of the truck (I'd be OK with an inch or so if needed) and not sacrificing towing performance.
Sponsored

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Hi, do you have any suggestions for improving the on-road ride quality of the Ranger? I am looking to smooth out the on-road ride quality without raising the height of the truck (I'd be OK with an inch or so if needed) and not sacrificing towing performance.
Your best bet currently would probably be the Eibach Pro-Truck rear shocks, depending on how spendy you want to get. The rears are the biggest culprit when it comes to handling issues.

If the shocks alone don't do enough for you, you can always add Eibach Pro-Truck Struts down the road and just set them at a 0" stock ride height.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
OP
OP
djrobb

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your best bet currently would probably be the Eibach Pro-Truck rear shocks, depending on how spendy you want to get. The rears are the biggest culprit when it comes to handling issues.

If the shocks alone don't do enough for you, you can always add Eibach Pro-Truck Struts down the road and just set them at a 0" stock ride height.
Thanks Jason, for my primarily on-road application do you recommend the Eibach over the Icon?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/96519-2019-Ranger-4WD-ICON-Rear-2-0-Aluminum-Series-Shock.html

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Jason will these shocks fit 4x2 rear ?
Eibach hasn't outright confirmed fitment on the RWD/2WD trucks. However, Fox has confirmed RWD fitment for their 2.0s. Since their strokes are similar enough, I don't see a reason why the Eibachs wouldn't work on an RWD/2WD truck.

It's likely Eibach just hasn't had an RWD Ranger in for fitment testing as of yet.

Thanks Jason, for my primarily on-road application do you recommend the Eibach over the Icon?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/96519-2019-Ranger-4WD-ICON-Rear-2-0-Aluminum-Series-Shock.html
If you're not doing much off-roading, then either the Eibachs or the Fox 2.0s. As much as I love ICON and would gladly put ICON on my own truck, even their 2.0s are a tad stiffer than other options due to being digressively valved.

OP
OP
djrobb

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks Jason, I submitted an order for the Eibach shocks. I appreciate your advice.

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Thanks Jason, I submitted an order for the Eibach shocks. I appreciate your advice.
Thanks for your business!

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Jason ,is there any forum or black friday discount code for eibach rear shocks for 4x2. Thanks Bret
Eibach still has not outright confirmed RWD/2WD fitment.

Though again, I have a hunch that they'll fit and function just fine.

We are doing 15% off Eibach starting on the 29th.

OP
OP
djrobb

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jason, forgive my ignorance, but to install these shocks do i basically jack up rear one side at a time? I watched the video you have but you are on a lift. I presume it needs to be jacked up to fully un compress factory shocks?

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Hey Jason, forgive my ignorance, but to install these shocks do i basically jack up rear one side at a time? I watched the video you have but you are on a lift. I presume it needs to be jacked up to fully un compress factory shocks?
For the rear shocks, you technically don’t have to lift the truck at all. You’ll just remove the stock shocks, bolt the top mount of the new shock, and the. essentially bench press the lower mount into place.

It is easier if you get the frame up on jacks and let the axle hang, however.

Fronts, you absolutely need to get the truck up in the air.

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
Eibach hasn't outright confirmed fitment on the RWD/2WD trucks. However, Fox has confirmed RWD fitment for their 2.0s. Since their strokes are similar enough, I don't see a reason why the Eibachs wouldn't work on an RWD/2WD truck.

It's likely Eibach just hasn't had an RWD Ranger in for fitment testing as of yet.

If you're not doing much off-roading, then either the Eibachs or the Fox 2.0s. As much as I love ICON and would gladly put ICON on my own truck, even their 2.0s are a tad stiffer than other options due to being digressively valved.
Could you make a recommendation on what you would think would be the "best" on-road suspension if I have 0 intentions of ever taking it off-road?

2WD lariat

Thank you!

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Could you make a recommendation on what you would think would be the "best" on-road suspension if I have 0 intentions of ever taking it off-road?

2WD lariat

Thank you!
Currently, the Eibachs.

That may change once Bilstein comes out with 4600s or Rancho releases 9000XLs for the Rangers.