First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
One thing he did say was they moved the oil filter to the far back corner on the left (drivers) side. He said it took them a while to find it and it's a real PITA to get to now. Wasn't it always right behind the passengers tire? Anyone know the reason for this?
Mine is on the driver's side.
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Inner CV blowed up. Need new axle. Which won’t be until next week since no one has one.
Plot thickens. I notice a splash of grease and CV bearings in the gutter at my house where I backed it over the curb into the yard the other day in 4wd so as not to tear up the grass. Still gotta think something wasn’t right because backing over a curb at barely above idle shouldn’t blow up a CV.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
One thing he did say was they moved the oil filter to the far back corner on the left (drivers) side. He said it took them a while to find it and it's a real PITA to get to now. Wasn't it always right behind the passengers tire? Anyone know the reason for this?
Dave! You mean to say you didn’t know where your oil filter was. Shame on you, should take away your moderators title. On the 5G it has always been behind the drivers front wheel toward the back of the engine. It has never been on the passenger side. Maybe in the UK. Maybe you need to check for a better place to get your oil changed.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave! You mean to say you didn’t know where your oil filter was. Shame on you, should take away your moderators title. On the 5G it has always been behind the drivers front wheel toward the back of the engine. It has never been on the passenger side. Maybe in the UK. Maybe you need to check for a better place to get your oil changed.
I thought I read on here it was behind the passengers side but alas I was wrong.

:stop: I haven't changed my oil in over 10 years. For $65.00 for a full synthetic and a tire rotation it's not worth the hassle. Especially in 100* heat.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I thought I read on here it was behind the passengers side but alas I was wrong.

:stop: I haven't changed my oil in over 10 years. For $65.00 for a full synthetic and a tire rotation it's not worth the hassle. Especially in 100* heat.
God damn boomer hippies.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

New Icon for ya …
1685146193729.gif

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Installed Mishimoto cold air. Should be able to get the ported intake manifold, Mishimoto intercooler and charge pipes along with jlt catch can.

20230526_192011.jpg

20230526_195725.jpg