OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
If I read it right, really the only changes were the color changes and the FX2 package? Did I miss something? Looks like the Black Appearance package is still available.
SYNC 3 & dual-zone climate control is now standard on XLT and Lariat trims. Before it required the 301A package on the XLT.

You also need to upgrade to the Technology Package on a XLT 301A and 302A package to get the forward sensing system. That was included on the XLT 301A package before.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
SYNC 3 & dual-zone climate control is now standard on XLT and Lariat trims. Before it required the 301A package on the XLT.

You also need to upgrade to the Technology Package on a XLT 301A and 302A package to get the forward sensing system. That was included on the XLT 301A package before.
Certainly nothing that could be considered "major" changes. I was expecting at least some new options.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
No details yet as to pricing...
I wonder what the FX2 package will retail for on a Lariat Supercab?
Probably not worth it (at least for me)

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Certainly nothing that could be considered "major" changes. I was expecting at least some new options.
Hopefully it should squash the ridiculous rumors about new powertrains. There is still the possibility Ford adds more options later, since the Black Appearance package came out of nowhere.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No details yet as to pricing...
I wonder what the FX2 package will retail for on a Lariat Supercab?
Probably not worth it (at least for me)
If you were planning to get the electronic locking rear differential already, then it might make sense.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
If you were planning to get the electronic locking rear differential already, then it might make sense.
True!! I am planning on that so I will be for sure checking this out

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Does Sync 3 require the touch screen (as opposed to the 4.3" productivity screen)?

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does Sync 3 require the touch screen (as opposed to the 4.3" productivity screen)?
The Sync 3 system comes with a 8” LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capability.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
The Sync 3 system comes with a 8” LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capability.
So all XLTs now come standard with the 8” LCD Capacitive Touchscreen as a result of Sync 3 now being standard?

Edit: I think I am getting the terms confused. I am wondering about the screen in the center stack (not the so called productivity screen). So my question is: with sync 3 being standard can you still get the smaller non-touch center stack screen? I am not a fan of the touch screen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So all XLTs now come standard with the 8” LCD Capacitive Touchscreen as a result of Sync 3 now being standard?
Yes
Sponsored