What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Well someone knows whats up.

I checked out the P/N on amazon, it's the same size as to what I ordered but I saved half the cost of what I ordered. Same style and material. And I'm well aware of rust, hence why I'm a fluid film freak.
Yup....BUT...the Upper Bound parts are made SPECIFFICALLY for the Ranger, so if/when I ever decide to sell mine, I can claim that those plugs are Ranger Parts and not fence or furniture plugs.
Should be worth an extra $500 bucks on resale value !!! :handsinair:
But, the great part...your un-holeing two more holes !!! :handsinair:

Last edited:

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Yup....BUT...the Upper Bound parts are made SPECIFFICALLY for the Ranger, so if/when I ever decide to sell mine, I can claim that those plugs are Ranger Parts and not fence or furniture plugs.
Should be worth an extra $500 bucks on resale value !!! :handsinair:
But, the great part...your un-holeing two more holes !!! :handsinair:
Lol, I'm pretty sure it's all the same type of plastic or rubber/plastic.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
19mm roughly converts to 3/4"

I've been trying to track down the 21mm size but they don't sell them in less than 1,000pc bulk packages. That said 3/4" will be fine for rocker panels but I personally don't like how some of that wiggle in place. Rather have a tight seal.

Just blast fluid film in the holes anyway and you'll be fine. Loose fitting plugs or not.

Man why is automotive talk so sexual...
I ordered some silicone paste as you suggested and that should make it right.

Great tip on fluid film while I'm under there (next spring).

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Our mailman has been ill so my packages that were supposed to arrive Friday were delayed to Saturday. He was still sick on Saturday and the packages were rescheduled for delivery today (Monday). Oddly they showed up about 7 PM on Sunday!

Anyway, I received the rubber bumpers and the weatherstrips for the hood. I turned the heat up a bit in the garage and then went out to tackle the installation a bit later. I popped the hood and
SURPRISE, I already have weather strips! I assumed that FORD had cheated me out of them.

30 seconds later the new hood bumpers were slipped into the slots and my projects are done for the day.

The new weather strips are going up for sale in the Marketplace section if any of you are interested in them.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Oh boy, got the 5/8" plugs today @RedDakooter05.

I have no idea where they go but I got them, much to @DukeCanBuildit's chagrin.=p

Maybe @Grumpaw can point me in the right direction as to where they go (okay, I KNOW where they could go, but I mean on the Ranger!). =D

IMG_20221212_163158236.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

I have no idea where they go but I got them, much to @DukeCanBuildit's chagrin.=p

Maybe @Grumpaw can point me in the right direction as to where they go (okay, I KNOW where they could go, but I mean on the Ranger!). =D

This is porobably what’s causing those passenger side water leaks I’ve been reading about today. ;)

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

As far as I can tell, the holes under the hood are a combination of 3/4 and 5/8 inch. I believe there are 4-6 that are 5/8...Lemmie go check.

OK...I have 11 of the 3/4 inch holes that I plugged (now un-holed), and there are a bunch of 5/8 inch, maybe 9-10 depending on how you count...several are oval and there are some that are double panels that look like they can be plugged.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

At first I thought they were a package of chocolate cookies. ?

Homer Drooling.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Your gonna plug the 2 large holes in the frame, rear, just in front of the rear tires. Plug the support tube that is a frame support.
If you go to Amazon, check Upper Bound part # UB50366...made specifically for that purpose.
Come in pairs...bought them last year. :like:
For info, as that tube runs the width of the frame, spray the tube interior with some spray grease to hold moisture/rust at bay.
I had an old spray can of motorcycle chain spray lube and gave that tube interior a real good spray coating.
Thanks @Grumpaw! Now to go get these too! =D

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
LOL, this plug dilemma is quickly getting out of control (so on par for everything else Ranger related). =p

Got the silicone paste for them today.

And also a new CTEK cable since the mailman got his snow boots tangled up in the old one and it broke as he gracefully kept from falling on his face. Luckily the plastic orange clip on a cable broke rather than anything else.

IMG_20221213_080047128.jpg

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As far as I can tell, the holes under the hood are a combination of 3/4 and 5/8 inch. I believe there are 4-6 that are 5/8...Lemmie go check.

OK...I have 11 of the 3/4 inch holes that I plugged (now un-holed), and there are a bunch of 5/8 inch, maybe 9-10 depending on how you count...several are oval and there are some that are double panels that look like they can be plugged.
OK, a recount....
There are 12, 3/4 inch holes that I plugged, two of them are square, but round plug will fit/cover them, and there are 4 , 5/8 inch holes that can be plugged. Several more that are double sheet that don't look like the plug lip would engage, and several smaller holes around the perimeter.
This is turning out to be a holey mess !!!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got a Carhartt Chore Coat delivered yesterday. Wife surprised me with it for my birthday.
Thinking of having her sew a small Ford Oval Patch over the Carhartt Logo, thus making it eligible for the forum !!!

image-103825BRN-550-550.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Got a Carhartt Chore Coat delivered yesterday. Wife surprised me with it for my birthday.
Thinking of having her sew a small Ford Oval Patch over the Carhartt Logo, thus making it eligible for the forum !!!

Happy Birthday Steve! :party:

Ford Birthday Cake2.jpeg

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

Just think how many rubber plugs you can fit in those pockets!?

And Happy Birthday!!