Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Seems Ford's big discounting and low financing last month was to get some on the road.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Glad I didn't wait...I was debating on better deals in July but just couldn't resist and the other 2 rangers I was interested are now a couple grand higher... but, I'm sure there will be more discounts in the future, won't be long til they're trying to sell off all the 2019s.

OP
OP
EcoRanger

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think lower discounts mean Ranger sales are picking up and Ford wants to realize bigger profits.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think lower discounts mean Ranger sales are picking up and Ford wants to realize bigger profits.
But didn't someone post more Rangers were sold in May than June?

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
The article is trying to shape a perception that appeases both investors and potential customers. That type of slop works in today's markets, so why not.

June sales should be considered a little on the weak side in the face of the good discounts that were available. Without discounts the Ranger MSRP is at least 6% more than the fair retail value that i place on the truck in July 2019.

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
I’m betting we’ll see more rebates + good dealer discounts on top of the improved 0% 60 month financing offer at the end of Q3. That financing deal already is a $2.2k savings vs the 2Q 2.9% 60 month promotion.

Hllll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 XLT 302A with Sport package
Canada discounts are huge...$4k on the hood, still doesn’t make up the difference - the F150 has $12k, so it’s a non brainer to buy one over the Ranger.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I’m betting we’ll see more rebates + good dealer discounts on top of the improved 0% 60 month financing offer at the end of Q3. That financing deal already is a $2.2k savings vs the 2Q 2.9% 60 month promotion.
From all the incentives I saw, they expire 7/8.

I bet we will see them sooner than that

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
Canada discounts are huge...$4k on the hood, still doesn’t make up the difference - the F150 has $12k, so it’s a non brainer to buy one over the Ranger.
If Ford got to pick which of their trucks people would buy, I'd bet they choose the F-150. The Ranger isn't really meant for people who are looking for a truck of any size, it's meant for the people looking specifically for a mid-size pickup. F-series trucks are fantastic, but they've gotten too big. I wanted a smaller, nimble truck that I can park easily anywhere, and that won't take a beating from close vegetation when I'm out on the forestry roads.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
If Ford got to pick which of their trucks people would buy, I'd bet they choose the F-150. The Ranger isn't really meant for people who are looking for a truck of any size, it's meant for the people looking specifically for a mid-size pickup. F-series trucks are fantastic, but they've gotten too big. I wanted a smaller, nimble truck that I can park easily anywhere, and that won't take a beating from close vegetation when I'm out on the forestry roads.
Yup. I just wanted the functionality of a pick up... didn't even need 4x4... heck the only times I've gotten stuck in the past was when I said 'hey, I've got a 4x4, I bet we can do that'... oops. But, to my defense, I didn't know what I was doing... lol
I also wanted something that can fit in the garage and maneuverable.
That's why I looked at all the offerings and really considered the Ridgeline, love the ingenuity of features in something that drives like an SUV.. I know, I know.. 'but it's not a truck'.. whatever, I think it's a great option. But, in the end, the pricing was still too high for me once some discounts started to hit the ranger so I saved about 5k$ OTD going w/Ranger.. I wouldn't have regretted either purchase because they both would do what I want them to do. I made my choice and I'm happy with that.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
As the discounts went up in Canada, the interest rates did too so it’s not as good of a deal as it looks. As someone waiting for the right time to order I was pretty disappointed!

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not quite.. I wouldn't buy an F150 loaded for $30k. I don't want or need a full-size truck. I prefer garage parking and being able to walk around the truck and get into normal parking spaces without drama. So I happily paid more for my Ranger than the F-150 would have cost. Choosing the Ranger was a no brainer.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Not quite.. I wouldn't buy an F150 loaded for $30k. I don't want or need a full-size truck. I prefer garage parking and being able to walk around the truck and get into normal parking spaces without drama. So I happily paid more for my Ranger than the F-150 would have cost. Choosing the Ranger was a no brainer.
Yep:thumbsup:
Sponsored