Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone near the southeast might use this dealer to get a discount at home. Or just travel. I traveled 200 miles to find mine at a time when discounts were limited. This is why Domestics have poor resale IF one pays close to MSRP. Can't sell a truck for $5000 less than MSRP used when one can get new trucks now with that kind of discount. Reward for those who waited..

https://capitalfordcharlotte.com/vehicles?=undefined&filter=year-2019.model-Ranger
Sponsored

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
I've been following prices around Seattle and have seen dealer discounts ramping up significantly the last month or so. $5200 dealer discount + 1500 in incentives + subsidized interest on the loan. I'm real curious what they'll look like at the end of Q3 when the 2020 models are approaching.

Last edited:

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a good mix of VIN numbers in there...most though are earlier builds. Here in Southern California, most Rangers getting the larger discounts are those with 4-digit #s (following a zero)... example 0xxxx

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
FYI. North Carolina is one of those states that don't regulate or limit many of the excessive dealer fees like some other states do. You will see some nice advertised prices but they WILL make it up on the back end.
Not the case. The only excess fee was the Dealer fee $699, I bought my truck in NC. Those discounts are close to $6000. Even $5300 off MSRP is a great deal (after fees) but the caveat for $1500 of it off is financing through Ford. Other than that no back end. Now if someone is upside down on a trade...................

Basically, if financed the savings are $5300 after doc fees. I would finance then pay it off....Thats what I did anyway. There is no sales tax in South Carolina only a $500 "road fee" so more savings can be had.

Last edited:

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Not the case. The only excess fee was the Dealer fee $699,
$700 isn't chump change to many folks. Just mentioning it as someome may be used to paying under $100 in doc fees.. They'll be in for shock at some dealers in North Carolina, Georgia and Florida when they see another $600 to $1000 in unadvertised costs typed on the sales contract.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
$700 isn't chump change to many folks. Just mentioning it as someome may be used to paying under $100 in doc fees.. They'll be in for shock at some dealers in North Carolina, Georgia and Florida when they see another $600 to $1000 in unadvertised costs typed on the sales contract.
I've always said it's extremely important to know what you want to pay for the vehicle out the door. I don't care if their fees are $2,000. The first question I ask is "how much is the documentation fee" so I can make an out-the-door price offer with no surprises in the F&I office

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
There is no sales tax in South Carolina only a $500 "road fee" so more savings can be had.
Correct me if I'm wrong (I've not yet bought a car across state lines), but don't you pay sales tax on the vehicle for whichever state you live in, rather than the state you buy the vehicle in?

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Another "hidden" charge to be aware of: since the Ford (not dealer) discounts are a "rebate" rather than an actual discount on the purchase price, you still have to pay sales tax on the amount of the rebate. Got to learn this one when I bought my '03 Ranger and had to pay sales tax for an official sales price that was $4000 than the net price, courtesy of $4000 worth of factory rebates. My dad was with me at the time, and tried to argue with the dealer that when he bought a Nissan a couple years prior, the Nissan dealership didn't make him pay sales tax on the amount of the rebates. Mid-argument my dad suddenly remembered that the Nissan dealership closed a few months after he bought his car...something about tax evasion...

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Correct me if I'm wrong (I've not yet bought a car across state lines), but don't you pay sales tax on the vehicle for whichever state you live in, rather than the state you buy the vehicle in?
Yes. I bought in North Carolina. I paid $500 "tax" for my state of South Carolina

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You pay the sales of where you register the vehicle. Live out of state and buy in Massachusetts, you pay sales in both states. Might be another state or two that does the same thing.
Sponsored