Don't Get Ripped Off When You Buy a Extended Warranty!

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to buy an extended warranty on your new Ranger, don't get ripped off at the dealership! There are many online Ford dealerships that will sell you an extended warranty at cost, or close to cost. And the best part is that this warranty is accepted at any authorized Ford dealership, since it's the same nationwide Ford Protect Extended Service Plan your local dealership sells.

I wouldn't endorse or recommend a specific website, just google "Ford protect" and scroll down to find different dealerships offering it.

For example, one website will sell a 8 year/150K mile extended warranty with a $100 deductible for a 2019 Ford Ranger 4x2 for $2,390. That plan typically has a MSRP of $3,890, meaning if you buy it online you would save $1,500!

Flood Ford ESP.png
Sponsored

misanthrope

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL 4x4
Strong post! And remember, you can negotiate extended warranty prices just like vehicle prices. So be sure to use dealers' quotes against each other to get yourself best price possible.

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
Get one with zero deductible. It costs $50-100 more. At least it did 10 years ago when I sold them.

Airwelldone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport: 2017 Fiesta ST
Thanks for the quality info. I went to the Ford Protect site in order to get a quote on both the extended service plan and the maintenance plan and no luck. The site asked for my VIN and info but came back with no plan pricing. I would like to view both the maintenance manual and an accurate plan pricing chart to see if it's worth it.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the quality info. I went to the Ford Protect site in order to get a quote on both the extended service plan and the maintenance plan and no luck. The site asked for my VIN and info but came back with no plan pricing. I would like to view both the maintenance manual and an accurate plan pricing chart to see if it's worth it.
I found this but you need to buy a Ford Extended Warranty through them to qualify for the best price.

2019 Ford Ranger Main Quote.png

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
If you're going to buy an extended warranty on your new Ranger, don't get ripped off at the dealership! There are many online Ford dealerships that will sell you an extended warranty at cost, or close to cost. And the best part is that this warranty is accepted at any authorized Ford dealership, since it's the same nationwide Ford Protect Extended Service Plan your local dealership sells.

I wouldn't endorse or recommend a specific website, just google "Ford protect" and scroll down to find different dealerships offering it.

For example, one website will sell a 8 year/150K mile extended warranty with a $100 deductible for a 2019 Ford Ranger 4x2 for $2,390. That plan typically has a MSRP of $3,890, meaning if you buy it online you would save $1,500!

Flood Ford ESP.png
Rangerdanger you are the MAN! I took this warranty list price to the dealer and got 6 yr-75000 mile warranty for $700 that retails for $1800!!! Thanks again for this great post! Bret

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rangerdanger you are the MAN! I took this warranty list price to the dealer and got 6 yr-75000 mile warranty for $700 that retails for $1800!!! Thanks again for this great post! Bret
Wow that’s like 60% savings over what they were going to charge you!

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
I played the dealer against my credit union. Got 100k/7yrs w/ $100 deductible for $1350

tny

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat 4x4
I was at the dealer yesterday doing loan paperwork and they quoted me $1465 for 7yrs/48K and $2050 for 8yr/60K, both with $100 deductible. Adding $150 and $180 respectively for zero deductible. So no way I would buy at those prices.

I have never purchased an extended warranty for a car. The only reason I am considering it now is the large amount of electronics in the truck and being a new model.

I wonder if anyone knows if the all dealers get the same cost for the ESP plans or is there a volume discount? How can Flood Ford give so much lower prices? How does one know he(she) is getting the real thing? My nightmare is that three years from now, when I need to use it, I find it is just a piece of wet paper.

Has anyone had experience with Flood Ford?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
I was at the dealer yesterday doing loan paperwork and they quoted me $1465 for 7yrs/48K and $2050 for 8yr/60K, both with $100 deductible. Adding $150 and $180 respectively for zero deductible. So no way I would buy at those prices.

I have never purchased an extended warranty for a car. The only reason I am considering it now is the large amount of electronics in the truck and being a new model.

I wonder if anyone knows if the all dealers get the same cost for the ESP plans or is there a volume discount? How can Flood Ford give so much lower prices? How does one know he(she) is getting the real thing? My nightmare is that three years from now, when I need to use it, I find it is just a piece of wet paper.

Has anyone had experience with Flood Ford?
I would show them the paper rangerdanger posted and get them to match it,my dealer did

tny

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat 4x4
I would show them the paper rangerdanger posted and get them to match it,my dealer did
I was closing on the truck today and I asked if they would match dealers with significantly lower prices on the ESP, and he said he had very little room to play. I made reference to Flood Ford. He showed no interest.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
I was closing on the truck today and I asked if they would match dealers with significantly lower prices on the ESP, and he said he had very little room to play. I made reference to Flood Ford. He showed no interest.
You can shop the internet after the sale and get best price on extended warranty

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Give the selling dealer the chance to remain competitive. If they balk, buy from Flood. I m not buying any ESC because my track record in the past 15 years is never having owned any vehicle more than 3 years so the jury is still out on the Ranger, as a long term hold. Anxious to see the US redesign as well. So far so good with the Ranger.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Best piece of information on this forum. Saved me a ton of money on my purchase of the ESP. Told me I was getting a great deal at approx $1500.00. I pulled the Flood Ford quote out of my pocket for $610 and he had to study it then go to Sales Manager before matching the price. Grumbled that many dealers are upset by what Flood Ford is doing.

mk842766

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 2019 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
My finance guy just said "Nope, can't touch it" , when I showed him the Flood rates....
Sponsored