First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh, I meant to add "unconscious mimicking." I think it's also called mirroring, so along with reasonable eye contact, also reflect what they're doing. So if they lean back, you do too, if they place a hand on the desk, do the same. BUT don't be a robot about it. Be natural and copy the gesture loosely. You don't want to be a literal mirror, just go with their flow gently (gee, that sounds a little too crunchy-granola, but you know what I mean-neuro-linguistic programming and all that baloney).

I'd say to not copy any arms crossed or to do that yourself, since that's a "blocking" thing.

1657900711018.png

And keep your shirt on!

And no, that's not me, even though many of you may think it is! (I think it may be Damper Dave) =p
That picture was 2019 BD....Before Damper. Now these days I'm just withering away to a frail old man and soon enough I won't even have the strength to typ anymo :frown:
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Being a Union Exec in my second life I worked with the HR Dept. of a Fortune 500 company. So, being as asshole is probably a prerequisite if you are interviewing for a job in that department. :)

Just kidding, be yourself. Don't drone on, and on about how marvelous you are. They will know that if you conduct yourself like a professional. I've seen many go down because they just couldn't stop talking. So, answer their questions and only elaborate if ask. You'll do fine. I wish you much luck.

Now, if you get the job I only charge a 10% one time fee for my services.:bandit: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Change your mindset- you're interviewing this company as well. Qualifications are what they are, you wouldn't have been called in if you weren't qualified- what both parties are establishing here is fit. Let your guard down, stay relaxed, and have a conversation.
Spot on great advice Scott. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Wytchdctr

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Got thru a pre-interview phone call today; still on for next Friday for the formal process. So that is a good sign.

Thank you all for the feedback and the funny stuff.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Be yourself, tell what you can do and what you can't, answer the question, asks what's on your mind. Outside of that and you're bullshitting and out.

Makes no difference if you're calm and confident or nervous and jittery, unless you apply for people position and even there it might not be too big drawback. Take no offence if you're not a match.

Truth is that employers are looking person to either fit a job or person who will grow to fit the job. If you're the rigid square block and the job is a triangle, it's just not going to work for you or the employer.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Got thru a pre-interview phone call today; still on for next Friday for the formal process. So that is a good sign.

Thank you all for the feedback and the funny stuff.
Congrats on making it to the formal interview!

Make sure you have a special pair of underwear all ready for the formal interview. Remember you only have one chance to make a good first impression. ?

OP
OP
Wytchdctr

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Just point out the window and say " check out my Badass Ranger i just rolled up in here with ! ...hey where yall need me ? " thats how id roll in...
Turn TC/SC off and slide in to the parking spot sideways like Ace Ventura

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Turn TC/SC off and slide in to the parking spot sideways like Ace Ventura
A couple of us could help you out. Just think how bad ass you'd look if you did this? :shock:

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
You'll fit right in with most VPs and HR then!

OP
OP
Wytchdctr

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
This time tomorrow it will be done. Good or bad... and!... If I land the job; ordering a Livernois Tuner after my first paycheck in celebration.

Going to run the lower octane soft shift tune after talking to them - they are very fast to respond to stupid questions btw. Trusting the powertrain will hold up and the extended warranty can cover other silly stuff I don't want to work on myself. Like the blend door.....

Why do you want this job "These assholes on a website keep making me want to buy stuff so I need more money"

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This time tomorrow it will be done. Good or bad... and!... If I land the job; ordering a Livernois Tuner after my first paycheck in celebration.

Going to run the lower octane soft shift tune after talking to them - they are very fast to respond to stupid questions btw. Trusting the powertrain will hold up and the extended warranty can cover other silly stuff I don't want to work on myself. Like the blend door.....

Why do you want this job "These assholes on a website keep making me want to buy stuff so I need more money"
Good luck tomorrow Patrick! We all hope you get the job because we have a whole bunch of stuff ready for you to buy. ?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

We do expect an immediate report on the interview, of course, so we can celebrate with you.
Best of luck!

OP
OP
Wytchdctr

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
No idea how it went. I got homework.. so that seems good?

I do know, now, that it will be a two-interview process.

Next interview if they like me will be with the owner of the company...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
No idea how it went. I got homework.. so that seems good?

I do know, now, that it will be a two-interview process.

Next interview if they like me will be with the owner of the company...
Congrats on getting to the next phase.

Getting homework is good, it means they're interested and you're still in the running. I bet it was that sexy underwear that got you there wasn't it? :LOL:
Sponsored