FORD to cut 8000 jobs for ......

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
8k of 31k workforce, not good at all. I go with economy is falling hard. ATT saying people are not paying the bills. In Cushing's, 3m barrel in gas inventory up as of today, in the middle of summer driving season??? Not looking good folks! (just a data point of 1 day, so....)
On the brighter side:
1- No nuclear bombs went off last night. (that would be bright, actually)
2- My beer is still cold! ?
Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
8k of 31k workforce, not good at all. I go with economy is falling hard. ATT saying people are not paying the bills. In Cushing's, 3m barrel in gas inventory up as of today, in the middle of summer driving season??? Not looking good folks! (just a data point of 1 day, so....)
On the brighter side:
I like your attitude. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a break on 93 E0 - $6.79.9 recently - I fill up two vehicles once every 2-3 months. Seeing where a motor oil shortage is coming - thinking I'll stock up.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
in this economy you're not going to sell a lot of $70k vehicles.

From what I've seen, in broke ass bum fuck backwoods maine no less... there's no shortage of new 70k dollar vehicle sales going on lol.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
On the brighter side:
enjoy your cold beer while you can as soon electric power will be diverted to recharging EVs, refrigeration including AC will have lesser priority. Hope this answers the ? some have asked on here about where EV recharge power will come from . :sunglasses:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I've seen, in broke ass bum fuck backwoods maine no less... there's no shortage of new 70k dollar vehicle sales going on lol.
according to a recent NY times article the avg monthly new car payment is now around $700.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
and the poutine still has enough potatos?
I was worried earlier when PEI had the potato problem
Health wise anything that disrupts the availability of poutine would be a positive. I think poutine may be a way for Canada to further undermine the health of it's neighbor, my kid and his GF ordered it and I just had to look up the nutrional value of it , it is not lacking in fat calories.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
according to a recent NY times article the avg monthly new car payment is now around $700.
I saw that too - thinking the avg payment is little over $700.

Back in February, I was looking at swapping my 2020 Chrysler for a more optioned 2021 version of the same car. Payment would jump from $450 to $600 - not for me at this stage of the game. Still remember the budget busting $190 payments on a nearly new, fully loaded '79 Sedan Deville....:D

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Health wise anything that disrupts the availability of poutine would be a positive. I think poutine may be a way for Canada to further undermine the health of it's neighbor, my kid and his GF ordered it and I just had to look up the nutrional value of it , it is not lacking in fat calories.

It was a slow day when someone thought to pour left over gravy and cheese curds over fried potatoes - sure taste good! Even the fast food chains in Canada offer it on their menus.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
It's good for the soul, that's all that matters.

Eating poutine and sausage gravy every day may kill you at 50... but I tell ya... id kill MYSELF at 50 if all I was allowed to eat was healthy shit.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was a slow day when someone thought to pour left over gravy and cheese curds over fried potatoes - sure taste good! Even the fast food chains in Canada offer it on their menus.
probably goes well with donuts - which Canadians lead in consumption, all to be washed down with a pint of Molson's golden. To elaborate my kid and his GF had a big Thanksgiving meal, after breakfast we went for a short hike the next day, followed by a noon hour stop at a local micro brewery where the poutine was ordered. I watched in horror as they consumed it.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I' ve seen exactly one Rivian Pickup truck, two weeks ago in the Denver, NC area. Was quite astonished as I've only seen one Ford Maverick pickup on the road , ever.
Mavericks are popping up all over here in MO. Many Rangers too. It's a good thing mine stands out and I modified it, I still have more mods than the ones I see around town thank God.

Well I guess they're rich or don't mind debt. There are still so many RVs driving around here even when gas was maxxed out. People are just doing what they want regardless.

Last edited:

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
and they were so happy right?
happiness is the key to a fulfilling life
The good thing about poutine, everything... Is with the heat wave going on, just cut potatoes, pour sauce & add cheese & let it boil in the sun. Don't even think you need a solar oven today.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The good thing about poutine, everything... Is with the heat wave going on, just cut potatoes, pour sauce & add cheese & let it boil in the sun. Don't even think you need a solar oven today.
I still recall a 95F, sunny and humid day in Amqui, Quebec while visiting a customer. A far cry from my very first trip to Quebec (Chicoutimi, QC) when it was a sunny, -35F. Only learned a handful of French words, enough to attempt to be 'polite company'. Many good memories of Quebec - Canada.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Say what you want but ICE will be around for a lot longer than many think. At least 20 years more if not longer. There is no way the infrastructure can be built up to the levels needed before that. We don’t have that much copper mined even if you ripped the copper pipes out of everyone’s house to do it!
To top it off 75% of the materials, and batteries come from China. By all means we need to make a country that hates us make all of the money they can. Ummm a Communist country that controls us by withholding resourses we need ain't a bad thing. Nope, not a bad thing at all. SMDH

It recalls what an old LT told me many times. "Ignorance is bliss".
Sponsored