Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Just ordered the ignition switch ring from Dean’s ebay site. Also, my mountains to metal lower grill insert is scheduled to be delivered today.
Silly as it is, it's really satisfying to snap that bezel ring into place. I don't notice it now, but I imagine I would have noticed sticking my key in that gap without it.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Nice! I need to get my HAM license and get a radio. I don't have anyone here that uses HAM, so its kind of a lost purpose...
The nice thing about it is you can talk to people further than "here" on Ham Radio.
I've talked 115 miles to a repeater with my HT, then the repeater carried that signal another 40 miles to the other side of the mountain it was on.

I've used Echo Link or IRLP to connect to a repeater in Puerto Rico and talk to people there after a Hurricane. People I had never met.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Yes mine is the dual (front/rear) cam set up. Here's the link to my instal and there's also a bunch of other info there for you.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/looking-for-a-dash-cam.12910/post-273575
Hey thanks! Man, ya never stop learning, and that's a good thing. I've been so much more active with the new Ranger. Even my wife's said so (so that pretty official). Been doing more yard work and house cleanup (but no washing of the Ranger yet, I guess some things never change).

Thanks for the link, time to figure this stuff out! If you like it, it must be good (damn damper talking again). =D

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Added more power.

F5478D18-AA55-4985-AD56-FC77234E9860.jpeg
I have no idea what that is (an air intake?).

But it's shiny and looks cool and I already must have it!

Damn you Ranger5G forum! *shakes fist in the air* =D

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
YUP! It's designed to handle a larger volume of air and flow it smoother with less interruptions o the laminar properties of air movement. Basically it is the difference between the skinny cheap garden hose from Home Depot that kinks all of the time (even though it says it is a never kink) and a large commercial garden hose that you really can't easily bend.

Does it actually work? Some say yes, some say no, the jury is out for a lot of people too. To be honest, I can't understand why Ford didn't buy that and make it standard. Everything about it just seems right.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
YUP! It's designed to handle a larger volume of air and flow it smoother with less interruptions o the laminar properties of air movement. Basically it is the difference between the skinny cheap garden hose from Home Depot that kinks all of the time (even though it says it is a never kink) and a large commercial garden hose that you really can't easily bend.

Does it actually work? Some say yes, some say no, the jury is out for a lot of people too. To be honest, I can't understand why Ford didn't buy that and make it standard. Everything about it just seems right.
Thanks! And I love your no kink comment. I guess that no kink business does it's job of selling more hoses, because I indeed have a kinking "no kink" hose. =D

I think you're spot on with air flow. This seems to open it up and that certainly can't be bad.

Okay, so this is now making it on to the short "must have" list (short because I keep getting everything I put on that list!. =)

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Replaced the Bak Revolver X4s this morning. The first one failed and they sent a new one in less than a week.

Let's hope this one lasts because I do like how it works. =)

revolver.jpg

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer

But it's shiny and looks cool and I already must have it!

Damn you Ranger5G forum! *shakes fist in the air* =D
Add this too:

1655491779295.png

1655491794309.png

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Let there be LIGHT! Finally installed these Nilight bed lights, connected with the Wolf Haus pigtail. Needed to trim off the ends of the lights, and I didn’t use the third string of lights, but I’m super stoked about this. Considering it’s dark for half the year up here, these will get some good use.

8A763DF1-6C03-471D-886E-5BEF950806CB.jpeg
D0F78B43-9679-457B-A15E-D6D8504EE14F.jpeg

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I put a Bak MX4 on and what poor quality. Screws stripped out of the aluminum extrusions holding latch and wire covers, weather stripping applied wavy and crooked, seals crooked, and corner seal missing a chunk. Sent pics waiting to see what they do. Somebody didn't use a torque driver. Can't believe the poor quality. I'll post pics if straightened out and I don't have to return it to Amazon to buy a different brand.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Add this too:

1655491779295.png

1655491794309.png
Shoot, not only did this forum kill my money tree, but now it's been chopped up into kindling! =)

But this sure is fun.

Thank you! =)

Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I put a Bak MX4 on and what poor quality. Screws stripped out of the aluminum extrusions holding latch and wire covers, weather stripping applied wavy and crooked, seals crooked, and corner seal missing a chunk. Sent pics waiting to see what they do. Somebody didn't use a torque driver. Can't believe the poor quality. I'll post pics if straightened out and I don't have to return it to Amazon to buy a different brand.
I wonder if they're slower to deal with issues when another vendor is involved?

I bought direct from Bak and worked directly with Bak for my issue (two of the aluminum slats separated), so they get all the profit as opposed to selling it wholesale to like RealTruck or losing some to Amazon?

I used to sell our little games directly from Amazon, so I was shipping them but Amazon would take about 35% as their fee.

BUT ... Bak should treat you the same if they want to keep happy customers.

I hope they do right by you very soon.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Let there be LIGHT! Finally installed these Nilight bed lights, connected with the Wolf Haus pigtail. Needed to trim off the ends of the lights, and I didn’t use the third string of lights, but I’m super stoked about this. Considering it’s dark for half the year up here, these will get some good use.

8A763DF1-6C03-471D-886E-5BEF950806CB.jpeg
D0F78B43-9679-457B-A15E-D6D8504EE14F.jpeg
That really looks great and what great light coverage. I have he WolfHaus with pigtail but have been hesitant on what lights and switch to use (no shell, just a tonneau).
Sponsored