What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Let us know how the reception is with that little thing.
Not sure what brand he has or for that matter what the one I purchased is. That said the reception was poor enough that I took it off and put the OEM one back on.
Brian

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Not sure what brand he has or for that matter what the one I purchased is. That said the reception was poor enough that I took it off and put the OEM one back on.
Brian
I guess it could be geography specific as well. Hills/valleys/mountains could make a difference. I would think less for satellite than regular radio, though.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Good for you! In full transparency, I have bought 2 mods, probably the 2 of the more expensive (Leer Tonneau and Bedrug), 'cause I got a deal on them right after I ordered, so early March. Now I am concerned that I am going to get pushed to a MY23 after talking to my dealer yesterday, so these items won't fit. If I do end up with a MY23, hoping to find a 5g a kindred spirit here that has a Supercab that would be interested so I at least break even. :oops:
I just put in the BedRug. It was a bit cumbersome to work with but not hard. I was frustrated getting the six tie downs back in place but even with my clumsy poking around with an awl, I had them back in place in about 20-30 minutes. I had ordered the "missing" ones form Levittown. The new ones are glossy and not mat like the OEM ones ...

I ordered my BedRug two weeks before the truck came in and they were out of stock, but it came in last week.

Good luck and post pics once the Leer is on.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
I just put in the BedRug. It was a bit cumbersome to work with but not hard. I was frustrated getting the six tie downs back in place but even with my clumsy poking around with an awl, I had them back in place in about 20-30 minutes. I had ordered the "missing" ones form Levittown. The new ones are glossy and not mat like the OEM ones ...

I ordered my BedRug two weeks before the truck came in and they were out of stock, but it came in last week.

Good luck and post pics once the Leer is on.
Hoping to get the truck so I can post the pics. Went withe the leer as it does not lean against the cab when folded open. Couldn't reconcile the idea of rubber bumpers for the tonneau on the cab.

The conundrum is this - do I eat these (sell them for the best offer) and push to the 2023, or do I take and end of year 2022 with all the deletions? And that is if I get scheduled at all. Ford may make the decision for me. :thumbsdown:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Hoping to get the truck so I can post the pics. Went withe the leer as it does not lean against the cab when folded open. Couldn't reconcile the idea of rubber bumpers for the tonneau on the cab.

The conundrum is this - do I eat these (sell them for the best offer) and push to the 2023, or do I take and end of year 2022 with all the deletions? And that is if I get scheduled at all. Ford may make the decision for me. :thumbsdown:
Tough choice. As far as deletions, I was most bummed about the hood struts. I went with an XL with 101A so there wasn't much more they could delete (except ASS, which was good).

I have no clue what the wait for '23s is but you'll get a much newer tech with it. I had wanted the Maverick but was too late to get the 4K tow package and I'm glad to have the '22 Ranger.

It suits our needs perfectly and we really wanted a truck for kayaking this summer.

But if you can wait, then you probably will be happier. But I can't say enough positive about mine and do have small piece of mind that most of this generation's bugs we're worked out (even though that means they took out most things!). =D

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Tough choice. As far as deletions, I was most bummed about the hood struts. I went with an XL with 101A so there wasn't much more they could delete (except ASS, which was good).

I have no clue what the wait for '23s is but you'll get a much newer tech with it. I had wanted the Maverick but was too late to get the 4K tow package and I'm glad to have the '22 Ranger.

It suits our needs perfectly and we really wanted a truck for kayaking this summer.

But if you can wait, then you probably will be happier. But I can't say enough positive about mine and do have small piece of mind that most of this generation's bugs we're worked out (even though that means they took out most things!). =D
I was thinking about the new tech as well. I have had a few Ford trucks, differnt generations, and have driven some of the other. Never unhappy with the Ford, and I am sure I won't be unhappy regardless of my decision.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered some of the same for my leafspring bushings. I've had a cricket move in who needs fed.
Its helps on mine, the squeaking went away from the shocks piston rod and UCA joints.

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
And a double woohoo day! Just got this in the mail:

tow.jpg

Plenty strong for my use (snow yankin'):
  • Two Recovery Tow Straps 3" x20'
  • Two 5/16" Soft Shackles
  • Hitch Receiver with Shackle
And a big thanks to @Phil_R for his help in me making a good decision for this (including shackle color!). =)
You are most welcome David! Looks like a great setup to help others! Glad you are happy!

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
This thread is humongous and is probably only 10% of peeps on this forum and 1% of all Ford Ranger owners.

So by my goes-in toos, I figure we power the world's economy with all the stuff we buy!

Got these Seat Jackers today. Not many people complain about the Ranger seats and I learned about these when I was looking at Tacos. Evidently their seats suck and people swear by these Seat Jackers.

I have no complaints but wanted to see what it would mean for a short guy on a long trip! =D

seat-jackers.jpg

IMG_20220608_140537334.jpg

https://desertdoesit.com/products/front-seat-jackers-2019-2021-ford-ranger

They also make this nifty front multi-mount panel (molle) for mounting stuff at seat level. Might get that for a small fire extinguisher:

bracket.jpg

https://desertdoesit.com/collection...-seat-mount-molle-panel-multi-mount-panel-mmp

Next I may need to order pedal extenders—just not sure which to go for ... =D

extend.jpg

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
This thread is humongous and is probably only 10% of peeps on this forum and 1% of all Ford Ranger owners.

So by my goes-in toos, I figure we power the world's economy with all the stuff we buy!

Got these Seat Jackers today. Not many people complain about the Ranger seats and I learned about these when I was looking at Tacos. Evidently their seats suck and people swear by these Seat Jackers.

I have no complaints but wanted to see what it would mean for a short guy on a long trip! =D

seat-jackers.jpg

They also make this nifty front multi-mount panel (molle) for mounting stuff at seat level. Might get that for a small fire extinguisher:

bracket.jpg

https://desertdoesit.com/collection...-seat-mount-molle-panel-multi-mount-panel-mmp

extend.jpg
More stuff I didn't know I needed?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
More stuff I didn't know I needed?
Same here. I was thinking about using some thick high grade washers to do the same thing, but these look much nicer and look like they would do a better job.
Now I hafta go and get a pair !!! :handsinair:
Even more amazing is how some are able to find this stuff !!! :clap:

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Same here. I was thinking about using some thick high grade washers to do the same thing, but these look much nicer and look like they would do a better job.
Now I hafta go and get a pair !!! :handsinair:
Even more amazing is how some are able to find this stuff !!! :clap:
It's almost like magic the way people spend my money.......

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE

seat-jackers.jpg

bracket.jpg

extend.jpg
How short do you need to be to need these? I have to put the seat all the way back and slightly reclined to fit comfortably.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
How short do you need to be to need these? I have to put the seat all the way back and slightly reclined to fit comfortably.
Reading their web site, I gather it just gives a better seat position.
I'm not too short, but I like to sit high, and with my seat all the way up, it's OK, but I feel like I'm "leaning forward" even with the seat front up. These look like they will raise the front to a more comfortable position where my knees are a bit higher than my tush.
Hay, for $80 bucks it's worth a try....spend more than that on a good meal for two now-a-days.
Also, cheaper than a tank of gas !
subquark....a review is necessary...ASAP !!!