2022 Ranger Splash Limited Edition Colors Announced - Snow, Forest and Sand Editions

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Is this a legit tremor color for 22?
Forged Green is only available on an XLT SuperCrew with the Splash Forest Edition. Not available with Tremor.
Sponsored

Attachments

JustWideman

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
justwideman.com
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Photographer/eCommerce
Vehicle Showcase
What's the point of a "splash" addition? The old ones were known for the banana yellow color and Baywatch style font real small saying "SPLASH". I'd rather see and save money for things that look different like maybe bring back a stepside, or extra long bed or something, not just a 10k paint job to make a splash in my back account.

Is "Splash Package" just bragging rights to unique colors or decals?

1630596762745.png

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What's the point of a "splash" addition? The old ones were known for the banana yellow color and Baywatch style font real small saying "SPLASH". I'd rather see and save money for things that look different like maybe bring back a stepside, or extra long bed or something, not just a 10k paint job to make a splash in my back account.

Is "Splash Package" just bragging rights to unique colors or decals?

1630596762745.png
Hi Justin,

That "banana color" to which you refer was the most expensive paint we used on Ranger. Oxford White was the cheapest at $68 and the Chrome Yellow was $130.... The Splash model came about with Marketing holding a voting competition with Light Truck Engineering engineers voting for the name and Splash won out...I hated it but a majority vote made it a go program...

best,
Phil

JustWideman

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
justwideman.com
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Photographer/eCommerce
Vehicle Showcase
If they would have just called it Snow Edition...? and not oxford/plumber van white they could have charged more than just the fleet truck color. I wish it still cost $130 for a top factory color!

Well, the name was confusing as it harkened to a famous movie at the time with a blonde and was product-placed in another popular TV show with blonds and very large men driving a mini truck to market that it could drive on the beach and be a mini hero to the rescue.

Engineering coming up with a marketing name?!? What could go wrong? I bet they all voted for it to star in Baywatch with Pamala too. So there was nothing more to it than the name and colors? No light truck engineering tweaks?

The EDGE and EXPLORER trims became SUVs, but thankfully not a Ford SPLASH...ha

6b16f909af9449f6b3c7a30f60d2c9ca.jpg

wadsworth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (ordered)
Occupation
Software Developer
I think those wheels look great. Hope I can snag some take-offs.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I just tagged one at a local dealer! Forest FX4 XLS with tow package! It is "In Transit" though, so who knows when it will actually arrive :rolleyes:.
Can’t wait to see pics of it!

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Last edited:

vitacura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger XLT Tremor
There are quite a few Forged Green arriving to local dealers near me, over 20 within 100 miles according to Ford Inventory locator. I can't wait to see one in person. Are they really limited to about 500 units in that color?

Tremors

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Xlt FX-4
I think those wheels look great. Hope I can snag some take-offs.
I have My name on a forged green with these wheels which I plan on taking off. They re 18” wheels. I really want 17”

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I have My name on a forged green with these wheels which I plan on taking off. They re 18” wheels. I really want 17”
I hope I can find someone in NC thinking the same way as you. I've been casually looking for the Splash wheels as I like them a little better than the Black Appearance Package wheels.