When the green light drops

Ames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Crew Cab 4x4 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My trucks are 2wd, if you have a 4wd without mods, I would launch it in 4, but the best alternative (if they are serious and tuned) is put it in 2wd, Drag radials, roll through or if possible, skip the water box, hold the brake pedal down and do a burnout, 20-25 lbs air, boost to 2500-3000 and dump it….engaging the front differential puts a lot of drag in the straightaway…
I actually tried to power brake mine once and it couldn't break loose, even with TC turned off.

Reactions: Doc

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I actually tried to power brake mine once and it couldn't break loose, even with TC turned off.
I heard the ford tune won't allow building boost power breaking.

I have a tune an I have tried to get a 0-60 using a phone app out in the boonies on some empty roads an the apps don't do well but the truck in 4x4 does. I shut it down after passing 60 mph.

I have the electric rear locker an you have to be going under 25 for it to engage an it kicks off after 25 but it can't kick off until there's a drop in driveline tension when you let off. I'm just afraid of possible damage to the dif. There's 2 dragways near me an I'd like to make a pass to get a real time. I used to run my 5.0 mustangs an cobra all the time.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I heard the ford tune won't allow building boost power breaking.

I have a tune an I have tried to get a 0-60 using a phone app out in the boonies on some empty roads an the apps don't do well but the truck in 4x4 does. I shut it down after passing 60 mph.

I have the electric rear locker an you have to be going under 25 for it to engage an it kicks off after 25 but it can't kick off until there's a drop in driveline tension when you let off. I'm just afraid of possible damage to the dif. There's 2 dragways near me an I'd like to make a pass to get a real time. I used to run my 5.0 mustangs an cobra all the time.
I think Brandon (Don Don baby raptor) has the ford tune, you can pm him, remember you can’t power brake 4wd, you can to a point but not for spinning the tires, if you are running in 4wd, no need to engage the locker. I have many runs on the locker in 2wd.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I think Brandon (Don Don baby raptor) has the ford tune, you can pm him, remember you can’t power brake 4wd, you can to a point but not for spinning the tires, if you are running in 4wd, no need to engage the locker. I have many runs on the locker in 2wd.
FYI I have the Livernois 93 tune

joseywales

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Research scientist
Vehicle Showcase
The fire we had last summer really thumped the river. Trout fishing is still pretty good as long as its been a while since a rain. After a good rain up the watershed....the river is as black as coal for a few weeks. It's amazing those fish can feed and survive with that much sediment in the water column...
@txquailguy just curious broksi, what are you studying in biology? I am a biologist as well! haha i just happened to look at your occupation ?

joseywales

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Research scientist
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah im looking into my warranty, seeing they FORD will let me keep my extended warranty if i go with FP, if not, I am most definitely...eventually....going with Unleashed or Livernois.

I am sure its a blast cruising around with that extra torque

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I’d want to do this.
1635547032648.png

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
You outta be able to boil the tires in 2wd with that tune ! :)
I know for a fact that with the Livernois 93, you can make 'em rip through 1st three gears on full throttle (sport mode) from a street stop light...without pre-rev, etc... or, maybe I think I do and it wasn't me, honest ??

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I know for a fact that with the Livernois 93, you can make 'em rip through 1st three gears on full throttle (sport mode) from a street stop light...without pre-rev, etc... or, maybe I think I do and it wasn't me, honest ??
Correctamundo …

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
IMO 2wd, traction control off, locker on if you have one, regular Drive, and give it the boot.
4wd will cause too much drag at higher speed and slow you down. In my experience the tires don't spin from a standing start, they break loose at 35 mph when the boost spools up depending on the surface. If the traction control is on and the tires break loose that will slow you down also.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
@txquailguy just curious broksi, what are you studying in biology? I am a biologist as well! haha i just happened to look at your occupation ?
I am an upland game bird biologist from Texas, at least that’s what my masters thesis is all about..lol
Here in Colorado I am the field coordinator for Arvada’s MS4 stormwater permit. I mainly deal with land disturbance for construction sites and revegetation after construction. You could say I’m a plant guy at this point in my career ?
Sponsored