First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I noticed two Ranger Tremors at a nearby dealer. This morning I looked them up on the dealer's website. The pricing seems odd. FIrst they are both marked up over MSRP. Okay. But they are identically equipped and the red one is way more. Is red way more popular than black? By the way, I'm not paying $53K for a Ranger Tremor.
Ranger_tremor.JPG

Ford_tremor_blk.JPG
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t understand. They are both $46,770. Dollars are they not?

Ok I see the final prices in the photo to the left. No idea.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My guess being in TX and the heat there the red would be a popular first choice. I bet if/when the red on sells they raise the price of the black one.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
maybe some so called extras that the dealer is adding on the red. Or could be because the rapid red color is being discontinued but most likely because dealers are idiots

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
But someone will buy them.
A couple of months ago, at this dealership, I noticed three Rangers in the lot. I checked them online and they were used with between 5000-12000 miles on them. They were all listed at the MSRP of a new one. I don't know how much they sold for, but they were only on the lot for a few days.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
if it rapid red, that is a more expensive paint color. do the build and price on any ford that offers rapid red and the price goes up, its a metallic paint with a second clear coat

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
My guess being in TX and the heat there the red would be a popular first choice. I bet if/when the red on sells they raise the price of the black one.
haha I wish I considered the Vegas summers before getting black haha but my wife wanted it in Black since all our other vehicles were grey. Not to mention dirt ugg.

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Man thats rough. I was pretty irratated and almost walked away for the $2800 “covid/chip shortage” mark up on mine.

$9k would get a real quick gfy response. But then again the local nissan dealer had the balls to mark up a $32k frontier to $47k. Imo they should just put a sign out front that says “we will steal every penny from you we can, don’t trust us”

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
When I went to look at a Ranger they had two Tremors and both were marked up $3000 over MSRP. I basically told the salesman that if they expect to get that we are done talking. He immediately said that they could do something about that. I then said I had X-Plan and I expect that pricing. The salesman didn't know what X-Plan was and went and got the sales manager. He came over with an offer sheet for the Tremor I had test drove and said you have bought a lot of cars from us and we don't want to lose you and made an offer $1000 less than the X-Plan price. I said OK now we need to agree on the value of my trade. After a little back and forth I got what I considered a fair price for my Mustang.

They were so motivated to close the deal that I had arrived about 10am and drove home before noon with the Tremor all bought and payed for. The salesman even helped me clean out all of my stuff from the Mustang.

I wouldn't let the markup scare you off.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
When I went to look at a Ranger they had two Tremors and both were marked up $3000 over MSRP. I basically told the salesman that if they expect to get that we are done talking. He immediately said that they could do something about that. I then said I had X-Plan and I expect that pricing. The salesman didn't know what X-Plan was and went and got the sales manager. He came over with an offer sheet for the Tremor I had test drove and said you have bought a lot of cars from us and we don't want to lose you and made an offer $1000 less than the X-Plan price. I said OK now we need to agree on the value of my trade. After a little back and forth I got what I considered a fair price for my Mustang.

They were so motivated to close the deal that I had arrived about 10am and drove home before noon with the Tremor all bought and payed for. The salesman even helped me clean out all of my stuff from the Mustang.

I wouldn't let the markup scare you off.
yeah could just be a marketing thing that when they knock that off the price people are happy to get it at MSRP

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I stopped by the dealer I purchased my Tremor (Gaudin Ford in Vegas) and I asked my salesman what the Tremor are going for now. Had one white XLT Tremor on the lot that was getting test driven. He said $10k markup. A lot of CA people will pay it I am guessing as I know our Huntington Beach, CA Ford dealer ALWAYS had a $20k markup on the Raptors through the years we were there.

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I also noticed that there is a $250 regional discount. I’ve never seen that before, but I believe it means that if someone from outside the area wants to buy it, they could not get that discount. Before there were regional rebates, but not much rebate is available right now.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
if it rapid red, that is a more expensive paint color. do the build and price on any ford that offers rapid red and the price goes up, its a metallic paint with a second clear coat
If that's the case it would show up on the sticker from the factory showing the optional color and charge.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
It's Race Red
Sponsored