John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing they were going by the availability of like vehicles; Race Red is the least common Ranger color by a very large margin. Even more so with the Tremor option. Dealer probably thinks they might be able to get a little more from a customer trying to find one. Conversely, one could argue it's the least common because it's the least popular, and therefore worth less.
Sponsored

OCL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
I stopped by the dealer I purchased my Tremor (Gaudin Ford in Vegas) and I asked my salesman what the Tremor are going for now. Had one white XLT Tremor on the lot that was getting test driven. He said $10k markup. A lot of CA people will pay it I am guessing as I know our Huntington Beach, CA Ford dealer ALWAYS had a $20k markup on the Raptors through the years we were there.
I just bought my Tremor at Ken Grody Ford in Orange, CA. Some of their Tremors had a $5k "market adjustment" on top of MSRP, mine had $2.5k mark up. When I sat down with my salesman, I told him I wasn't going to pay any mark ups and if they insisted on it, I would go and buy that used Tundra TRD with only 20k miles, that was next door at Toyota, at the same price as their Tremor. They took off the mark up, took off another $1k (in addition to the Ford incentive of $1k) and also gave me the 0% APR. Done deal.

I don't understand these mark ups. They do this all the time with motorcycles. I just bought a new bike and they had almost $2k of fees on top of MSRP. I also told my salesman no way I'm paying that. I'd rather buy used. They promptly removed the fees.

Unless you're buying a special Raptor model, don't pay those added mark ups. That's just rip off fees.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I just bought my Tremor at Ken Grody Ford in Orange, CA. Some of their Tremors had a $5k "market adjustment" on top of MSRP, mine had $2.5k mark up. When I sat down with my salesman, I told him I wasn't going to pay any mark ups and if they insisted on it, I would go and buy that used Tundra TRD with only 20k miles, that was next door at Toyota, at the same price as their Tremor. They took off the mark up, took off another $1k (in addition to the Ford incentive of $1k) and also gave me the 0% APR. Done deal.

I don't understand these mark ups. They do this all the time with motorcycles. I just bought a new bike and they had almost $2k of fees on top of MSRP. I also told my salesman no way I'm paying that. I'd rather buy used. They promptly removed the fees.

Unless you're buying a special Raptor model, don't pay those added mark ups. That's just rip off fees.
Yeah when I purchased I told them I could do the same mods of the Tremor for less than the $5k markup they asked. In the end, we got it for just a $500 markup but had something like $700 in incentives or something. Was back in April.

I know out here the normal Ranger on my last oil change were marked up $2500 and F150 were $4k I think it was. What I do not understand is the used market. Rather pay MSRP on a new vehicle.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
it could be dealer pricing based on the sales area. lubbock area, Texas Tech. lots of rich college kids want a red ride with black trim... long shot yes. but you would be surprised how serious some folks take the school pride stuff. a lot of the aggies will only drive maroon, white or grey cars.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Zero reason to pay a markup. It's BS.

Test drove a Tremor with a $2500 markup at Dealer A and knew thats what I wanted. Told them I'll order one. They tried to get me to buy what they had on the lot. Told them no markup but they said they could not budge on the "Fair Market Adjustment" price. So I said nope, I'll order and wait.

A week later found Dealer B that was offering below invoice price on custom orders. Not MSRP but invoice price! Got a quote, drove over, placed an ordered. Went back to Dealer A and canceled my order that they sold to me at MSRP price. Got my deposit back today as well. And I'm saving over $3300 by ordering at Dealer B.

I did notice that Dealer A sold the Tremor that had the markup. So people are paying the markups. As long as people keep doing it, dealers will continue to mark them up knowing people will pay.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Ever try to keep black looking clean? I wasn't going with black again but the deal was too good to walk away from.. so the fight to keep it clean continues with this ride.

I miss my green car for it's ability to not look dirty.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ever try to keep black looking clean? I wasn't going with black again but the deal was too good to walk away from.. so the fight to keep it clean continues with this ride.

I miss my green car for it's ability to not look dirty.
The struggle is real with a black vehicle lol

HMG03

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, 05/06 ZX6R 636 Stunt Bike
Occupation
Firefighter
haha I wish I considered the Vegas summers before getting black haha but my wife wanted it in Black since all our other vehicles were grey. Not to mention dirt ugg.
Or you could live in the Northeast. I washed my truck to get all the road salt off of it, and I get 5 minutes from the car wash and it's dirty again. All black looks phenomenal when it's clean... When it has a fresh coat of polymer after the wash and dry in the summer... Oh boy...

I paid 38k OTD for my Tremor, but then again, it was a factory order. Kinda hard to mark up a factory order.

But on another note, I wonder what's going to happen when the Raptor comes out... The MSRP is rumored to be 52k. Tremors are gonna cost more that the Raptor??? Lmao!

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
But on another note, I wonder what's going to happen when the Raptor comes out... The MSRP is rumored to be 52k. Tremors are gonna cost more that the Raptor??? Lmao!
Considering that the Bronco Raptor base MSRP is over $70k I can't imagine the Ranger Raptor being $52k unless it's just a sticker package.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Considering that the Bronco Raptor base MSRP is over $70k I can't imagine the Ranger Raptor being $52k unless it's just a sticker package.
I could definitely see the Ranger Raptor at a min $50k. The F-150 Raptor is $65k base.

HMG03

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, 05/06 ZX6R 636 Stunt Bike
Occupation
Firefighter
I don't think I can post a link to the Ford Authority site, but that's where the word came from.
I could definitely see the Ranger Raptor at a min $50k. The F-150 Raptor is $65k base.
I was about to say the same thing, but you beat me to it. It would be weird if a mid level truck costs more the a full-size, even if it is a Raptor package. The Bronco is in a whole other class of vehicles, even though it uses the T6 platform.
Sponsored