First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
I love this option. Fixes two things I didn't care for. Being forced into a Magnetic bumper with the Sport package and the light colored bash plate.
I agree, plus I also did not like the bright “Magnetic Pocket” wheels needed to upsize to get 18”ers
Sponsored

OP
OP
djrobb

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
I actually prefer the Sport package on my HP Red Lariat. The Black appearance package should have included black wheel lip moldings. Then I would be envious. As it is, I'll pass....:)
I’m going to try vinyl wrapping my wheel lip moldings today in matte black. I haven’t wrapped before. I took the rear moldings off this morning and am now waiting on Amazon with the vinyl. Will post pics. In the meantime does anyone know if I can buy these white clips at the hardware/auto parts store/Ford parts store readily? I broke a couple getting the molding off. Perhaps I did that wrong. I was able to access most of the clips but not all.

7F80DC79-D69C-4F35-AC13-D37560BC96A3.jpeg
53486153-DF9F-4C6F-B25F-81F3E86D2ADB.jpeg
E00128F8-62B1-48F7-8067-E2696C02F3C1.jpeg

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to try vinyl wrapping my wheel lip moldings today in matte black. I haven’t wrapped before. I took the rear moldings off this morning and am now waiting on Amazon with the vinyl. Will post pics. In the meantime does anyone know if I can buy these white clips at the hardware/auto parts store/Ford parts store readily? I broke a couple getting the molding off. Perhaps I did that wrong. I was able to access most of the clips but not all.

Cool idea..I want to do it...Can you post the link to what you ordered?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford

Thanks for the pics, may I suggest that you rustproof both parts before reassembly.
I thought the lip moldings were designed as a hedge against common fender rust, but I now see its more like an invitation!

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Last edited:
OP
OP
djrobb

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Not for you, but here in Illannoy they use more salt than pavement and the box is steel. What are the moldings made from?
The mouldings are plastic.

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
A bit of Ford humor -
Ford History (Henry Ford (1863-1947)
Henry Ford once said “A customer can have a car painted any color he wants as long as it’s black”
Fast forward to March 2019. For only ~ $2,000 "extra" you can also have all black Ranger by buying the new optional Black Appearance Package.

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
Damnit! I would have gotten the blackout package if it was available 2 months ago, so I didn't have to add black aftermarket wheels like I plan to eventually do. Oh, well, the other piece I'll probably want to add is the black lower fascia and the black bash plate once the parts department can get their hands on one. Guess I can just repaint mine. The black sill scuff plates look pretty cool, too.

BLACK APPEARANCE PACKAGE

AVAILABILITY

• XLT (301A)
  • XLT (302A)
  • Lariat (501A)
  • Order code: 76J

INCLUDES

• 18" black-painted aluminum wheels with black center cap
  • Bedliner — Tough Bed® spray-in
  • Black:
    • Fender vent badge with black lettering
    • Front door sill scuff plates with "RANGER" lettering
    • Heavy-guage steel front bash plate (with FX4 Off-Road Package)
    • Mirror skullcaps (Lariat)
  • Body-color front bumper with black lower fascia
  • Grille:
    • Black with black surround (XLT)
    • Black with black surround and black bars (Lariat)
  • 5" black rectangular running boards (18Y)

Asu4040

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Has anyone on this forum taken delivery of a Black Appearance package Ranger? I would love to see some in-person pictures, opposed to the stock Ford images out there. Thanks

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone on this forum taken delivery of a Black Appearance package Ranger? I would love to see some in-person pictures, opposed to the stock Ford images out there. Thanks
Hi Taylor....No deliveries...I was the first here in CA...maybe nationwide, to order one. I was at the dealership on 3/25 to order, yet the package didn’t even show up on Ford’s ordering system until a day or 2 after the 3/25 Press Release. The deliveries on them start “Summer” 2019...we’ll see what that means in a couple months.

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads up. I'm only a couple of weeks away from ordering mine, and I'm not going to lie - I think I like the black appearance more than the sport appearance. Except that C&D article doesn't show it in Saber, and I can't seem to find it on ford.com's build & configure tool yet.
Dear Jeff: I had already ordered the Sport Appearance Package on my Lariat 4X4 in saber, but when the Black Appearance Package (B.A.P.) came out, I just loved it, especially the 18-inch black wheels! Even though I had already signed, the sales agent I worked with said that changing over would be no problem, except that saber, our original color choice, is not available with the B.A.P.! Maybe some executive in the central office thought it would look too much like Halloween? Anyway, we settled on Lightening Blue, which is available and does look great with B.A.P., so all's well that ends well. We take delivery in August, and so I have not really seen a B.A.P. "in person," so to speak.... Hope things work out for you. Regards, Marc

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Blackout pkg with white lettered tires.
I'M not a fan of white lettered tires on the Ranger. Especially with a blackout pkg.

Asu4040

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Hi Taylor....No deliveries...I was the first here in CA...maybe nationwide, to order one. I was at the dealership on 3/25 to order, yet the package didn’t even show up on Ford’s ordering system until a day or 2 after the 3/25 Press Release. The deliveries on them start “Summer” 2019...we’ll see what that means in a couple months.
Thanks for the info. I ordered about a week after you did (AZ).
Have you heard anything back from your dealer — blend date or VIN?
Sponsored