Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be waiting to order the sill plates--they look sweet !!!
Sponsored

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like there is a new black appearance package available. Includes spray-in as well as new blacked out rims, grille and some trim pieces. $2k.

Ranger-Black-Pack_Lariat_SuperCrew.jpg

Ford press release:
  • Ranger buyers now have another choice to customize their truck with the new Black Appearance Package; more than two-thirds of all-new 2019 Ford Ranger pickups flying out of showrooms are optioned with an appearance package
  • Ranger Black Appearance Package features an aggressive look with a black grille, running boards, accented wheels and more, making body colors like Hot Pepper Red and Lightning Blue pop
  • Ranger fans can order the Black Appearance Package for their trucks now, with deliveries starting in early summer
DEARBORN, Mich., March 25, 2019 – With the all-new Ford Ranger off to a strong start since the first trucks went on sale in January, Ford is already introducing a new Black Appearance Package, helping buyers further customize their Ranger to match their unique personal style.

More than two-thirds of all-new Ranger pickups are leaving showrooms optioned with either the Sport Appearance Package that adds unique wheels and Magnetic Gray-painted accents, or the Chrome Appearance Package with bright chrome wheels and chrome body accents.

The new Black Appearance Package gives Ranger customers a bold and stylish new option.

“Like the rest of their gear, Ranger customers are choosing the option that best fits their adventures,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager. “Having the right gear matters and so does the right look. The Black Appearance Package adds aggressive style to the adventures our customers embark on.”

Available with any Ranger body color, the Black Appearance Package’s aggressive look will help the truck stand out on the beach or in the backcountry. Its standard features include:
  • Black-painted grille
  • Body-color bumpers
  • High-gloss black-painted 18-inch aluminum wheels with black center caps
  • Black running boards
  • Black spray-in bed liner
  • Black fender vent surround
  • Black mirrors
  • Black sill plate
  • Black bash plate on FX4 Off-Road Package
  • Black lower valance
The Ranger Black Appearance Package is available as an option for $1,995 (excludes taxes) and can be ordered at dealers now, with deliveries targeted to begin in early summer.

More images, posted by @kaltzbar

Ranger Black Package 1.jpg
Ranger Black Package 2.jpg
Ranger Black Package 3.jpg
Ranger Black Package 4.jpg
Ranger Black Package 5.jpg
Ranger Black Package 6.jpg
Ranger Black Package 7.jpg
View attachment 6947
C10077119_RANG_Lariat_SprCrw_18inBlckPntdAlumWhl_ft.jpg

G10089720_RANG_DoorSillPlateBlackChrome_mj.jpg
Thanks... just got back from a face-to-face with my dealer. They had to do a “pre-order” for me, for a Ranger with the Black Appearance Package, because it was not yet on their system this morning, per the press release. They have a call into Michigan. Expecting a call they think today, so they can click the “Order” button for me.

Last edited:

magnet79

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XL STX FX4
Occupation
Bartender
So anyone know if this is available across trims? I have not been able to get this to show up in the Build tool on Ford.com. I'm ordering a Magnetic XL STX partly because I like the black exterior accents on that trim. If this could replace the STX package, with the spray-in and running boards included, it might be comparably priced.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So anyone know if this is available across trims? I have not been able to get this to show up in the Build tool on Ford.com. I'm ordering a Magnetic XL STX partly because I like the black exterior accents on that trim. If this could replace the STX package, with the spray-in and running boards included, it might be comparably priced.
The Sport Appearance Package is not offered on the XL, so I doubt a $2,000 Black Appearance Package will be available on the XL.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I actually prefer the Sport package on my HP Red Lariat. The Black appearance package should have included black wheel lip moldings. Then I would be envious. As it is, I'll pass....:)

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
I looked at the new order guide. It's only available on XLT 301A/302A and Lariat 501A. Order code 76J.

jjmanzano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
I like how the black package adds body colored bumpers with the black accents. I feel the sport package should have had body colored bumpers as well. The magnetic color seems to me to be more of an off road package kind of color treatment.
Funny, I think the body color bumper is hideous. Looks very Chevy Colorado.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Man, somebody stole your rims..........

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
The Sport Appearance Package is not offered on the XL, so I doubt a $2,000 Black Appearance Package will be available on the XL.
The XL is the black appearance package. LOL

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Why white outlined tires?

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing happen when I built it

vehicle.png

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Tastes change over time. There was a time when I would have wanted this. Now, not so much. I understand the frustration of a few here who would have like to order the option. I have a feeling I'm going to feel that same frustration next year if they come with new color choices.
That's what I would of ordered. I guess if mine never shows up, I'll reorder and get the blackout package.
Sponsored