The new AWE exhaust system!!!!

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Sounds good any issues getting the OEM exhaust out? Did you jack up the truck or leave it on the tires for the swap?
I have installed a cat back on both my F-150 which was super easy no jacking maybe an hour (system was from Banks sounded great) and the other on my Focus ST not hard but needed the whole car up in the air as I replaced the aft motor mount at the same time ( that system was MBRP again sounded great and that what I almost got for the Ranger before hearing so many great things from others on this forum about their AWE.
Brian
You don't need to jack the truck to remove the OEM exhaust. It will take some maneuvering, but it can be done (recommend with two people if you do). Outside of taking out the OEM exhaust, everything else is a breeze.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark P

Mark P

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
Sounds good any issues getting the OEM exhaust out? Did you jack up the truck or leave it on the tires for the swap?
I have installed a cat back on both my F-150 which was super easy no jacking maybe an hour (system was from Banks sounded great) and the other on my Focus ST not hard but needed the whole car up in the air as I replaced the aft motor mount at the same time ( that system was MBRP again sounded great and that what I almost got for the Ranger before hearing so many great things from others on this forum about their AWE.
Brian
I left it on the ground and used a penetrating oil and a hammer to get it off. MBRP is nice but the awe is just my fav. Vid coming soon :)

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
IMG_20200717_160128.jpg

IMG_20200717_170518.jpg

IMG_20200716_192756.jpg

What a difference! I'm loving it so far and excited to see the video and pictures that Function Factory Performance took. Now for the next thing haha
Very nice! I just received a shipping number from Fed ex mine should be here Wednesday night. I know what I’m doing Saturday morning ?
Brian

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Occupation
Marketing - AWE

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Thank you Dave.
Brian
So install is complete. Took a little over an hour. Some things for buyers to be aware of. One there is a pretty substantial shipping charge when purchasing from AWE mine was $62.43 to ship from Pennsylvania to Vermont. Secondly I received a text from FedEx the day it was scheduled for drop off that I would need to sign for it which was an issue since I was at work, lucky my daughter was able to be there.
I did remove the little heat shield next to the spare tire to facilitate removal of the stock exhaust and for only two bolts I would recommend doing that. Another tip is to use some dish soap to help lubricate the OEM rubber hangers.
Last suggestion is to use an air gun to tighten all clamps. I was unable to properly tighten the tip clamps using a 3/8 ratchet. Very happy with the sound is has a nice tone and is quite in the cab even with the window down and the radio off.
Dave feel free to chime in with any info on my install challenges.
Brian

3043B25A-39D0-455B-8D9C-CF3D5DB55578.jpeg

F99C566B-ABEE-4460-BFA0-F014C6099775.jpeg

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Occupation
Marketing - AWE
Thanks for the great feedback! Yes, shipping is definitely pricey these days on these larger boxes. $65-85 seems to be what I see.

Another great point- We require signatures by default because of the average value of the systems being so expensive so if you are ordering directly or from one of our awesome dealers, make sure you ask or leave a note at check out if you want that waived.

My biggest advice for tip clamps is using anti-seize on the threads (for all clamps - copper is best) as it helps lubricate the threads, reduce galling and binding and ultimately leads to a better time tightening. I’ve read, too, that some tips are requiring a lot of torque to tighten down so I’ll put a note into engineering about that. We’ve done a few installs for Rangers in house at AWE Installs and haven’t run into the problems but that’s a relatively small sample size. These clamps can reach a point where the band stretches before the clamp is tight. If anyone runs into this please let our support team know! (You can also DM me).

I think this system would take me 1-2 hours to install as a shade tree parts swapper.

Check the clamps after a few heat cycles and retighten as necessary. Let me know if you need anything for anyone who chooses AWE.

Thanks again Brian!

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Thanks for the great feedback! Yes, shipping is definitely pricey these days on these larger boxes. $65-85 seems to be what I see.

Another great point- We require signatures by default because of the average value of the systems being so expensive so if you are ordering directly or from one of our awesome dealers, make sure you ask or leave a note at check out if you want that waived.

My biggest advice for tip clamps is using anti-seize on the threads (for all clamps - copper is best) as it helps lubricate the threads, reduce galling and binding and ultimately leads to a better time tightening. I’ve read, too, that some tips are requiring a lot of torque to tighten down so I’ll put a note into engineering about that. We’ve done a few installs for Rangers in house at AWE Installs and haven’t run into the problems but that’s a relatively small sample size. These clamps can reach a point where the band stretches before the clamp is tight. If anyone runs into this please let our support team know! (You can also DM me).

I think this system would take me 1-2 hours to install as a shade tree parts swapper.

Check the clamps after a few heat cycles and retighten as necessary. Let me know if you need anything for anyone who chooses AWE.

Thanks again Brian!
No problem Dave overall happy but would have appreciated knowing about having to sign at time of purchase but it was done all on line. The clamps on the tips were the hardest to tighten by hand but with the air gun we were able to get it done. Oh and the blow pop included to enjoy after install is a fun touch!
Brian

image.jpg
Sponsored