DanyR1

First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 Lariat
Good morning all,
on my ford ranger lariat 2019, I have a transmission problem and I would like to know if your truck does the same thing, or only me who experiences this problem. Here is the problem: FIRST,I always deactivate the start stop, as soon as my transmission becomes hot, when I make a complete stop, just befor my truck is completly stop, I feel a blow, as if the transmission were in neutral and fell back quickly in gear, it gives a bit, like the impression if someone hit you in the back. When I am in a traffic jam it is really very aggravating. The dealer has redone the programming of the transmission, but without change ... he say to me it's NORMAL, but its not, because when the truck is cold, the transmission work well. I am at 20 000KM only and the problem as begin at 15 000km... :( :(

Somedody whit the same problem ?????
Sponsored

OP
OP
DanyR1

DanyR1

First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 Lariat
hit your gear select shift button to bring up the gears on your display, and you'll want to make note if it's happening on the 2-1 shift.
mine will do the little nudge when it does that.
being a bit more aggressive on the braking stops the nudge, as i find it only does it when i play gentle footsie with the brake pedal.

Actually the problem occurs during the transition from 2 to 1. whether I drive more aggressively or normally, it always does the same problem. :crying:

OP
OP
DanyR1

DanyR1

First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 Lariat
Update: Receive my truck from the dealer today, after a complain to ford Canada, and they will open my transmission, but the gasket are back order for 2 week, no choice to wait.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Receive my truck from the dealer today, after a complain to ford Canada, and they will open my transmission, but the gasket are back order for 2 week, no choice to wait.
Hi Danny,

Glad you got a formal complaint going with Ford of Canada. Sad the parts are on back order. Wonder what they expect to find in the internals of the transmission???

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Surprised they're doing that instead of swapping out the transmission

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Doesn't surprise me at all that the 2-1 downshift can be a tad harsh. It's a fairly large ratio change going from 2nd (2.985:1) to 1st (4.696:1). That's a tall order to keep that sort of ratio change consistently smooth.

Surprised they're doing that instead of swapping out the transmission
My money is on they think it is a flaky solenoid causing the problem.

NedKelly

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Emergency Communications Dispatcher
I too have a bit of a bump on easy braking from 2nd to 1st when coming to a stop. Interested to see if this is normal or something more.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Being a Dealership Technician I have looked into a few things with the 10 speed transmissions on the Ranger. I have also checked Hotline chats to see what others have ran into. What i have seen really has to do with the lovely programming of the PCM. I myself have one of the Magical Unicorn Boxes from Livernois so my stuff doesnt do as much funky stuff anymore at this time. What I would suggest for you is to have your dealership re-flash the PCM if there is an avalible update and drive it for a while, probably around 2,000 miles woth(whatever that is in kilometers). If that doesnt help enough then i would personally contact Livernois and see if they can help you since you are in Canada eh'. For the US they have performance tunes and tow tunes. I run the tow tune as it seems to be better for drivability especially for myself who lives in the High Rockies of Colorado. Hope this helps out.

Yellowtoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. Ranger Wildtrack
Occupation
Crane Operator
We actually have a recal here on some of our 10 speeds , for a PCM reflash..
Some are even having their oil changed.

OP
OP
DanyR1

DanyR1

First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 Lariat
I too have a bit of a bump on easy braking from 2nd to 1st when coming to a stop. Interested to see if this is normal or something more.
The dealer let me drive for one day, another ranger, and this truck DO NOT DO the same shifting transmission problem, it goes like a charm...

OP
OP
DanyR1

DanyR1

First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 Lariat
Being a Dealership Technician I have looked into a few things with the 10 speed transmissions on the Ranger. I have also checked Hotline chats to see what others have ran into. What i have seen really has to do with the lovely programming of the PCM. I myself have one of the Magical Unicorn Boxes from Livernois so my stuff doesnt do as much funky stuff anymore at this time. What I would suggest for you is to have your dealership re-flash the PCM if there is an avalible update and drive it for a while, probably around 2,000 miles woth(whatever that is in kilometers). If that doesnt help enough then i would personally contact Livernois and see if they can help you since you are in Canada eh'. For the US they have performance tunes and tow tunes. I run the tow tune as it seems to be better for drivability especially for myself who lives in the High Rockies of Colorado. Hope this helps out.
Thanks,
In my past 20000 km, the dealer have re flash the PCM 2 times, no change always the same downshifting problem... :(

OP
OP
DanyR1

DanyR1

First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 Lariat
We actually have a recal here on some of our 10 speeds , for a PCM reflash..
Some are even having their oil changed.
At around 7500km they have re flash the PCM, change the transmission oil and a valve... always the same downshifting problem...

ChiefQM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Good morning all,
on my ford ranger lariat 2019, I have a transmission problem and I would like to know if your truck does the same thing, or only me who experiences this problem. Here is the problem: FIRST,I always deactivate the start stop, as soon as my transmission becomes hot, when I make a complete stop, just befor my truck is completly stop, I feel a blow, as if the transmission were in neutral and fell back quickly in gear, it gives a bit, like the impression if someone hit you in the back. When I am in a traffic jam it is really very aggravating. The dealer has redone the programming of the transmission, but without change ... he say to me it's NORMAL, but its not, because when the truck is cold, the transmission work well. I am at 20 000KM only and the problem as begin at 15 000km... :( :(

Somedody whit the same problem ?????
I have a noticeable drop into first gear when I slow to a stop, but only when I am in Sport mode. In drive no issue at all. It has been a couple of months since your post, what is new with yours?
Sponsored