First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This fill up I averaged 22 mpg. Was a 60/40 city/highway mix plus we were off road a few times too. I still don't understand how some are getting such bad mileage especially when they're stock. This was mostly flat (no mountains) driving but also was in 4x4 through the sandy washes. I'm not all that light on the gas and have a 2.5" level and 265/70/17's so there's some added weight there.

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 3.22.41 PM.jpg
Sponsored

Jod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4x4
  • 80%/20% city/highway
  • Average, sometimes get on it.
  • 87 oct
  • Start/stop: 50-50
  • 1200 miles
  • 4x4, XLT
  • Averaging 22.3mpg as per truck computer

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from a trip over to the lake house on Lake Michigan and put about 560 miles round trip on the truck! Mostly highway driving there and back, but maybe 20 or 30 miles around town while there. The Ranger was definitely happy to get up and go instead of just sitting around, because I saw my best mileage I had seen in a while! Managed 21.1 MPG over the 560 miles! And I am running 93 and have the stock sized tires in the LT, but all is stock on the truck!

20200531_192038.jpg

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
You cant go by the computer until it is adjusted. I dont remember the name of the post that tells how to adjust the computer to the real world. I put it in my saves but it then dissapeared. Also, you have to average and adjust for a few tank fulls to get it right. I am still adjusting mine. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You cant go by the computer until it is adjusted. I dont remember the name of the post that tells how to adjust the computer to the real world. I put it in my saves but it then dissapeared. Also, you have to average and adjust for a few tank fulls to get it right. I am still adjusting mine. ?
The thread is here. I had it saved too but never adjusted mine yet,I just use the Fuelly app.

Deleted member 1634

The thread is here. I had it saved too but never adjusted mine yet,I just use the Fuelly app.
Never adjusted mine, probably never will. I'm just using the computer output as a guide of how I'm doing in general. I don't really care if it's off a little bit. Though I will say mine is usually only off by +/-1mpg at most, which is within my own personal tolerance of acceptability. If I want the real answer for what that tank produced, I just see what fuelly tells me when I dump it into my account recording.

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, for one, I have been running 93 for at least the last 8 months or so, so I know the computer itself has had plenty of tanks of gas to adjust, however, I will probably not go through and fully adjust the computer system. It is, as @the1mrb said, just a general guide, and I use the mycarfax app to save actual mileage and gallons input for the true measurement! Those numbers will always be the most accurate, so I expect mine will actually come back as around 1 MPG lower, as it pretty consistently seems to come back that way! Just haven't had time to fill the truck up yet since I got back to get the final number!

Deleted member 1634

Winter been a killer for me.. The last trip was up to the North Shore last weekend, and that was the best I've had.

IMG_6679.PNG
Winter driving and pulling the trailer almost every weekend in the summer have been what's been pulling my average down. But these last few months of non-winter gas and not being allowed to take the trailer anywhere have helped bump my average up by over 0.5mpg. The topper helps too. I'm still bummed I didn't start recording this data until a few months (and about 7000 miles) after purchase. But oh well, the idea is there.

1592481631465.png

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
20200616_175724.jpg

This was a 5 day trip - Frederick, MD to Nags Head, NC, including about 5 hours off road in the sand and driving around the OBX on road. Running 93 octane. Truck is completely stock.

I didn't think to record fuel volume on fill-ups. Past hand calculated mileage has been about -1 MPG from the computer, so figure 24.5 for this trip.