Pre production Ranger at local dealer - my impressions and photos

Stumblios

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger FX4 LVL II
So I just gotgtold there is going to be a pre production truck at my dealer tomorrow that I will be able to go through pretty indepth apparently. Is there anything people really wanna see at this point. Is there something I should ask about or get pics of?
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So I just gotgtold there is going to be a pre production truck at my dealer tomorrow that I will be able to go through pretty indepth apparently. Is there anything people really wanna see at this point. Is there something I should ask about or get pics of?
Nice will you get to drive it?

I would like info and maybe photos of how to access the interior fuse box. I want to hardwire a dash cam and need to know how to route the cables too.

Also a few close up photos of the rear view mirror so I can see how to position the dash cam so it doesn’t interfere with Ford lane keep assist cameras.

OP
OP
Stumblios

Stumblios

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger FX4 LVL II
Nice will you get to drive it?

I would like info and maybe photos of how to access the interior fuse box. I want to hardwire a dash cam and need to know how to route the cables too.

Also a few close up photos of the rear view mirror so I can see how to position the dash cam so it doesn’t interfere with Ford lane keep assist cameras.[/QUOTE
Unfortunately I don't get to drive it. But I will try to take those pics for sure, I have a few electrical questions my self.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately I don't get to drive it. But I will try to take those pics for sure, I have a few electrical questions my self.
Thinking about it some more, assuming it's a CrewCab, how far do the rear headrest's fold down? I want to see if visibility is good enough with them folded down without removing them entirely.

And if you can get the hood open, how easy is it to access the oil filter?

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
If it's a super crew, pics of the rear bench folded all the way up, as well as the back rest folded all the way down, please!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
If it's a super crew, pics of the rear bench folded all the way up, as well as the back rest folded all the way down, please!
And some pictures of storage spots below the rear seat(s) and behind them. I've seen the one below the passenger side rear seat and it seems REALLY small - the driver side seems to be taken up the jack, etc. Wondering if there is ANY room behind the seat for stuff (I'm looking for a nice place to hold tow straps, rope, etc)

OP
OP
Stumblios

Stumblios

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger FX4 LVL II
So this all sounds doable, I have been told it is a HPR super crew lariat.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So this all sounds doable, I have been told it is a HPR super crew lariat.
Any explanation for why a dealer would have a Ranger? At least in the US, any Rangers have only been available at public events.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
Could be an exec is in town. When I sold Dodge/Chrysler, we had execs pop in from time to time in preproduction cars months before they were officially out to the public.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
See if you can find the factory sub and see what size it is, a close up of the fender vents to see if they are open to the engine bay, and if there is enough room to fit a 33” tire where the spare sits.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Stumblios

Stumblios

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger FX4 LVL II
Any explanation for why a dealer would have a Ranger? At least in the US, any Rangers have only been available at public events.
Well if it's the truck I think it is, it has been slowly crossing Canada since September, going to dealerships as a show. We didn't get drive events in Canada so this might be there way of showing it. We don't get to drive it so it's just a show and tell vehicle. From what I understand its going to be mostly pre order people and a hand full of others that were told the truck is here. There is no media presence up here from Ford about the truck. Even my dealer hasn't mentioned this particular vehicle on media anywhere. I'm looking forward to seeing how the access to the truck is different.

Ranger12

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Saw an Electric Blue 2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab at a dealer in Minnesota this week. Pre-production vehicle, but it was open, sat in it and viewed the engine. Seats were super comfortable. Plastic box caps were flimsy and loose. Both front door handles were loose on the inside. It will be there only a week and then move on to another dealer. Sales force did not know much about it.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a grab handle on the drivers side A pillar?

OP
OP
Stumblios

Stumblios

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger FX4 LVL II
So, today has been informative me on the ranger. I was given access to the vehicle for as long as I wanted, I just wasn't allowed to have the key. This is because the truck was an executives and he kept the key and left. So I was allowed to open whatever I wanted and take measurements of what I wanted to know. I spent an hour going over it, I got most of the answers you guys were looking for, but obviously anything requiring a key I couldn't check.

IMG_20181208_110627.jpg

IMG_20181208_110723.jpg
Sponsored