Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, here's the first official window sticker and I think everyone might be interested. I'm not sure if these numbers are official yet as they're not listed on fueleconomy.gov but here they are either way. Keep in mind this is for a 4x2 Ranger.

21 City
26 Highway
23 Combined

Moderator addendum:
As for estimating the 4x4 (4wd) model's MPG, there shouldn't be much difference in MPG as @skibuff explains:
It's a 4wd not an AWD so the front Differential spins free unless the 4x4 is engaged and the transfer case sends power to it. For regular driving the only difference to MPG is a little extra weight from the 4x4 equipment and the small loss from friction from the front differential spinning free in 2wd.

2019-Ford-Ranger-MPG.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
It must be legit since I entered the VIN
1FTER4EH7KLA03237 on this website and also pulled up the window sticker myself: https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Those MPG numbers are great, by comparison the 2019 Chevy Colorado 4x2 2.8L Diesel gets 20 MPG City, 30 MPG HWY and 23 MPG Combined.

The Ranger meets or exceeds the diesel’s city and combined MPG.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
We'll see how it is real world. My friend has an F150 with the 2.7L 10 speed 2wd with the supercab and he says he averages about 28 mpg when driving highway during long trips.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We'll see how it is real world. My friend has an F150 with the 2.7L 10 speed 2wd with the supercab and he says he averages about 28 mpg when driving highway during long trips.
But it does match what the Ford reps were seeing on their cross-country trips.

And these MPG numbers meet or exceed the class leading Honda Ridgeline.

Carl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Foretravel U270
I entered a bunch of the VINs provided on an Excel sheet somewhere here and Ford said the Window Sticker was not yet ready and come back later. Hoping to find the mileage of a 4x4 as that is the only Ranger that can be flat towed with 4 wheels down like our Honda CR-V. the Ford F150 4x4 also has a flat tow mode but it heavier and simply don't want to drive such a large vehicle. Hoping the fuel mileage is significantly better mileage that the competitors and the F150. If you have a 4x4 VIN please try it and post the sticker...we really need to know (and Google did not return any official data on fuel economy)...so this is the first place I have seen it...Thanks Ranger 5G!

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I entered a bunch of the VINs provided on an Excel sheet somewhere here and Ford said the Window Sticker was not yet ready and come back later. Hoping to find the mileage of a 4x4 as that is the only Ranger that can be flat towed with 4 wheels down like our Honda CR-V. the Ford F150 4x4 also has a flat tow mode but it heavier and simply don't want to drive such a large vehicle. Hoping the fuel mileage is significantly better mileage that the competitors and the F150. If you have a 4x4 VIN please try it and post the sticker...we really need to know (and Google did not return any official data on fuel economy)...so this is the first place I have seen it...Thanks Ranger 5G!
Welcome @Carl! You won’t find any window stickers using the VIN spreadsheet, since they were collected from retail preorder Rangers.

The window sticker in this post is a dealer stock Ranger, and was posted on their website: https://www.kinselford.com/new-Beaumont-2019-Ford-Ranger-R4E+++302A-1FTER4EH7KLA03237

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Just checked Sioux Falls Ford, they have one ranger 4x4 listed but the window sticker does not have the mileage data yet.

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Does the 4x4 model have any kind of disconnect in the front axle hubs or differential? If so, the 4x4 mileage may only be 1 MPG worse than the 4x2.

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
Does the 4x4 model have any kind of disconnect in the front axle hubs or differential? If so, the 4x4 mileage may only be 1 MPG worse than the 4x2.
It's a 4wd not an AWD so the front Differential spins free unless the 4x4 is engaged and the transfer case sends power to it. For regular driving the only difference to MPG is a little extra weight from the 4x4 equipment and the small loss from friction from the front differential spinning free in 2wd.

Carl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Foretravel U270
So....would these numbers be about right.... 1 MPG down when in 2WD in the 4x4 Ranger....which would account for the extra weight and some minor parasitic drag. Anyone know off hand if this ratio holds true for the 2.7 F150 2WD vs 4x4 trucks. given that there are 10 gears wonder if the Ranger can 'hypermile" on the highway and beat on the EPA rating like the F150 apparently does in the real world.
20 City
25 Highway
22 Combined

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
So....would these numbers be about right.... 1 MPG down when in 2WD in the 4x4 Ranger....which would account for the extra weight and some minor parasitic drag. Anyone know off hand if this ratio holds true for the 2.7 F150 2WD vs 4x4 trucks. given that there are 10 gears wonder if the Ranger can 'hypermile" on the highway and beat on the EPA rating like the F150 apparently does in the real world.
20 City
25 Highway
22 Combined
From what I understand the reason the F150's are beating the MPG in the real world is the turbo(ecoboost). When driving the truck fast or towing the turbo kicks in and it burns a ton gas. If you are just cruising and not smashing the gas and winding up the turbo it gets much better fuel results. So if you drive it like a gutless little 4 banger you are gonna get great small engine millage but that turbo is always at the ready to give you the power you want/need.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I don't have experience but have heard the 3.5L with the 6 speed used to guzzle gas even when driven like a granny but the 2.7L was always an mpg king. With the 10 speed, I've heard lots of people brag they nearly get 30 mpg in their F150's on the highway. The Ranger is a bit lighter with a very similar power to weight ratio as a F150 with the 2.7L, so I am going to make a wild assumption and say there is every reason to believe that one could get 30 mpg in a Ranger.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
CNET.com: 2019 Ford Ranger gets 21 mpg city, 26 highway with RWD, report says

Shoutout to @j0shm1lls

The 2019 Ford Ranger is one of the most hotly anticipated new pickup trucks, and folks are eager to learn as much about it as early as possible. Today, we might have its official fuel economy figures -- for rear-wheel drive, at least.

The Ranger5G forum claims it discovered the first official window sticker for the 2019 Ranger, which includes its fuel economy. According to the alleged window sticker, the 2019 Ford Ranger RWD will achieve 21 mpg city, 26 highway and 23 combined. Ford did not immediately return Roadshow's request to verify this information.

If those numbers are true, that'll launch the Ranger to the top of its class. According to fueleconomy.gov, the most efficient current midsize truck (with a gas engine) is the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado RWD at 20 mpg city and 26 highway. The 2019 Honda Ridgeline FWD is hot on its tail at 19 city and 26 highway.

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
My VIN doesn't work on the Ford tracking page but I've got a window sticker so all is well!

PS (No MPG on it).
Sponsored