Touch Up Paint

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have the hook up on touch up paints for the ranger. Got the magnetic grey and want to fill in some chips with small amount of paint. Thanks
Sponsored

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I need some for my Ingot silver. Hoping some one can make a recommendation.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Anyone have the hook up on touch up paints for the ranger. Got the magnetic grey and want to fill in some chips with small amount of paint. Thanks
Magnetic is code J7. Any auto parts store that sells paint can make you up a touch up bottle... I just mixed some of it up last week!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know if you find something that can touch this up:facepalm::(
1mLPqdh.jpg

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know if you find something that can touch this up:facepalm::(
1mLPqdh.jpg
That’s going to be a tough one to touch up. Going to to have to 3k wet sand that around the chip. Dual action polisher a must with different pads and polish cuts to smooth out the paint and clear coat added. The ford paint is soft. Best case you can blend it in pretty good but won’t be perfect.

Just polished a scratch out today. Kinda ocd about paint. Every couple months i touch up chips.

ordered my paint of amazon. Will mess with it when it comes. Have done some paint correction on many cars. Every car different. Black and metallic colors can be tough to match like we want.

I’ll give my feedback on the metallic gray touch up.

I bet you could get it repainted for 300/400$.

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Magnetic is code J7. Any auto parts store that sells paint can make you up a touch up bottle... I just mixed some of it up last week!
Hey,

Where did you get your paint from? Order from PAINTSCRATCH on amazon and they sent me some paint that doesn't match and won't pay for return shipping. They're offering to mix a new batch but for 40$ i'll get a refund. Any insight appreciated. Thx

DMAX

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Hey,

Where did you get your paint from? Order from PAINTSCRATCH on amazon and they sent me some paint that doesn't match and won't pay for return shipping. They're offering to mix a new batch but for 40$ i'll get a refund. Any insight appreciated. Thx

DMAX
Buy it from Ford its dead on match. Bret

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Hey,

DMAX
I mixed mine myself at work (CarQuest).

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Ordered some from ford. Hope it’s an exact match if not I might hit you up for the recipe :)
I also ordered from the dealer and it was a match

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase

OKRaptor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2019 Acura RDX and a 2007 Mazda Miata w/turbo
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.drcolorchip.com/

to just put on touch paint can look like crap if not done right. Dr. Color chip is a system and it works. I't a bit pricey but once you use it and see the results you'll understand why. :like:

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
https://www.drcolorchip.com/

to just put on touch paint can look like crap if not done right. Dr. Color chip is a system and it works. I't a bit pricey but once you use it and see the results you'll understand why. :like:
I have used the Dr Color Chip setup on three other cars and for smaller chips, minor scratches, and road rash it's fantastic. Larger chips like with any touch up paint, may or may not fill in perfectly.
Sponsored