XLT Tremor (halogen beams). Any recommendations for LED bulbs (decent quality that doesnt burn out in 6 months)?

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Before my ranger I had a tacoma and found this thread useful.
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/3rd-gen-hid-vs-led-vs-halogen-h11-projector-headlights.589465/

I have the H9 to H11 conversion in my XLT right now, they work really well.
Yep. This is certainly an alternative that is easy and low cost. The only drawback is the H9’s don’t last long. I have done this in 2 of my previous vehicles (my Ranger currently has Auxito 12k LED’s) and typically had to change the H9’s about every 6-8 months.
The issue with halogen H11’s is they are pretty limited in how bright (lumens) they can provide due to wattage(55w) and filament. Typical OEM H11’s are only 1250 lumens. Even the very costly ‘performance’ bulbs like Silverstar’s, Hella, and Piaa only add about 100 lumens.
Going with H9’s will increase the lumens to about 2100 with 65w at a fraction of the cost.
Some will probably say - the H9’s are too bright and not safe for the low beams….I’ve had them in 2 vehicles spanning over 10 years with no issue. Just he sure your headlights are adjusted correctly.

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
As also mentioned in other threads LED replacement type bulbs are not designed for factory reflector headlights.

As for a good replacement bulb in the headlights and fog lights is the PIAA bulbs. I recently did a complete swap of the Xtreme white plus and the big advantage is the color temp of the bulb(yes this actually matters). The color temp is 4000K. Yes it is higher then factory but nowhere near as high as most LED lights. Where is the importance? Adverse weather is where it matters. How? In adverse weather like Rain, Snow And Fog will reflect higher color temp light easily and make it where you cant see. Lower color temp lights still allow you to see through the adverse weather a little easier(but not the greatest still). One cool thing is PIAA has some weird technology to make the bulb act twice as bright without sacrificing too much of the bulb life. Life expectancy is roughly 2 years from reviews I have read but thats it.

From personal experience I can say that I like the lights and wish I went to them in the first place. Below are some pictures with the outpit of the lights

0122221931.jpg

0122221931a.jpg

0122221931b.jpg

0122221955a.jpg

0122221931d.jpg

0122221931c.jpg
Are these pictures of your low beams (with fogs), high beams, or both? The light output seems to be really nice. I currently have the 16,000 lumen Auxito leds in my highs and I am in the market for some really good lows. These are a little pricey but if their bright enough then they’d be worth it. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
SSingh1975

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
['21 Ford Ranger XLT (Tremor) , BMW IX Electric
Amazon is delivering the Aux H11 lows tonight ...not sure if I'll have time to install it but will post initial impressions when installed.

Left the fogs intact for now. The fogs (IMO) appears to work really well and does the job but the headlights really leave a lot to be desired ! I drove around quite a bit in the weekend and that's when I really noticed the low output of the stock halogens.

Drove thru a mountain on sat night and the halogen cutoff is really low and it was kinda hard to see further down the street. I had to switch to the highs and turn on fogs on top.

For reference, I go thru the same route in my wife's Rangerover and have never turned on highs nor fogs as the stock LED lows cut thru fog really well and it has a wide beam projector so covers the ground and side road extremely well.
Screenshot 2022-02-21 113005.JPG

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
SSingh1975

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How come on Amazon site says This does not fir the 2020 Ranger?
I think it's just a Amazon error. If u read the reviews, there's someone with a ranger (with pictures).

I tried to do mine today but for whatever reason, I couldn't remove the passenger side bulb at all. I can turn it to loose it but it doesnt come out of the headlight case....haven't tried removing the connector first so I'll attempt tomorrow morning. It was late in the evening ...driver side was easy though.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's just a Amazon error. If u read the reviews, there's someone with a ranger (with pictures).

I tried to do mine today but for whatever reason, I couldn't remove the passenger side bulb at all. I can turn it to loose it but it doesnt come out of the headlight case....haven't tried removing the connector first so I'll attempt tomorrow morning. It was late in the evening ...driver side was easy though.
I put the PIAA on list in Amazon, I'm waiting for your review, ???

OP
OP
SSingh1975

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the aux lights just now. Had some issue on the passenger side and then discovered I had to disconnect the connector FIRST.

Definitely more brighter than stock (at least judging from the throw on my garage wall). So far so good. The light does not seem "blinding" at all . Will take it out for a night time spin later tonight.

I'll update this post as time goes (since some of the brands burn out within 6 months). cheers.
unnamed (1).jpg

20220222_112116.jpg

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the aux lights just now. Had some issue on the passenger side and then discovered I had to disconnect the connector FIRST.

Definitely more brighter than stock (at least judging from the throw on my garage wall). So far so good. The light does not seem "blinding" at all . Will take it out for a night time spin later tonight.

I'll update this post as time goes (since some of the brands burn out within 6 months). cheers.
unnamed (1).jpg

20220222_112116.jpg
Niceeee

bdunk

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Firefighter Paramedic

I watched the above video and went with these bulbs (GTR Lighting). They work great, especially the high beam and they fit the housing with the original dust caps in place. In the video you can see they have a good cut off which means if aimed properly you will not be blinding anyone. You’ll also get great lighting at a fraction of the cost of replacing the entire headlight unit.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I actually just went with Sylvania ZXE Gold Halogen replacements in my XLT Tremor and am happy to just get rid of the warm oem output. I tried LED but did not feel comfortable driving with them 24/7 in the XLT headlight bucket. The hot spots were annoying too but man, standing in front of the truck they were a bit too much.

I figure I would be running Baja Design lights for off road and worst case, in a dark road in the middle of nowhere I can always turn those on.

Light out put is better than OEM but not as good as LED. I think I put these on about 10 months ago now.

PXL_20210915_022433575.jpg

JeeperCreeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep + Ranger Tremor
I want to thank this thread for getting me my first official blocking.

Too bad I can't block out the improperly installed blinding lights as easily.

Couldn't have done it without you all :)

Screenshot_20220228-132859.png

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
These threads are more opinionated than those damper threads. Guess it's a dont ask dont tell situation.
Sponsored