XLT 302A 4x4 FX4 Sport Appearance Pkg. w/Body Color Mirror Covers, Door and Tailgate Handles

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Looks great! Can you share how the install process was and the method you used for painting?

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Looks great! Can you share how the install process was and the method you used for painting?
I didn't personally perform the work, the dealer did. I just supplied the parts.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Thanks. Looks great.

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
Looks awesome. I’ve thought about doing something similar but painting the mirror caps and handles in Magnetic to match the rest of the Sport trim similar to the Ranger Raptor look. The Raptor uses “Dyno Grey” for the trim pieces instead of Magnetic.

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
@tmcolegr, do you still have your original handles and mirror caps? If so would you be interested in selling them?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Damn Todd - just as I am finishing my mods you show me a new one!
I don't like the painted bumper parts on the painted trim package, but the door handles look great. I already have painted skull caps as I now have Lariat mirrors, but now I need to look into painted door and tailgate handles!
Thoughts on leaving my current handles off while they get painted? I have an auto windows module so I can use the remote to lower the windows and reach inside to open the door while the handles are off.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Painting original black plastic parts is actually a more difficult process than most realize. Usually the black plastic parts have a texture to them that if you simply paint/clearcoat them you will still see this texture and it looks bad. A person can carefully put enough Epoxy primer sealer over the plastic to fill in the texture before paint. What many end up doing is purchasing ready-to-paint plastic parts that have No texture.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Painting original black plastic parts is actually a more difficult process than most realize. Usually the black plastic parts have a texture to them that if you simply paint/clearcoat them you will still see this texture and it looks bad. A person can carefully put enough Epoxy primer sealer over the plastic to fill in the texture before paint. What many end up doing is purchasing ready-to-paint plastic parts that have No texture.
I purchased the XLT mirror covers and door handles and had them sanded smooth to remove the texture to avoid this issue. The tailgate handle is available smooth if you purchase once for a Lariat.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thoughts on leaving my current handles off while they get painted? I have an auto windows module so I can use the remote to lower the windows and reach inside to open the door while the handles are off.
I wouldn't recommend it

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Looks good Todd. If you want to have your black window pillar inserts white, you can do this