ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
There's two mindsets for the Ranger, Overlander or worker bee. Make that truck your own beast. Any option on any make of truck can be adapted with a little ingenuity
Sponsored

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
I've seen a few youtube vids of some Aussies doing an awesome job of mod's on their Rangers.

One in particular is a AGM/Lead Crystal battery hooked into the trucks charging system. I figure it would be easy as pie to put a heavy duty switch in there to swap from alternator charge to solar panel charge. Have the battery then feed an appropriately sized inverter for your line voltage?

The one I'm thinking of had everything stored and attached neatly behind the back seat.

D

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I've seen a few youtube vids of some Aussies doing an awesome job of mod's on their Rangers.

One in particular is a AGM/Lead Crystal battery hooked into the trucks charging system. I figure it would be easy as pie to put a heavy duty switch in there to swap from alternator charge to solar panel charge. Have the battery then feed an appropriately sized inverter for your line voltage

Redarc makes an awesome dual charging system- charge from engine or solar- made in australia. that's probably what you are referencing
Sponsored