Wiring after market lights with drl function.

RangerAl87

First Name
al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger XLT
Occupation
Tech
Hello All, have a question regarding wiring. These lights I'm in the process of getting ready to install have a DRL function and I was wondering how I could take advantage of it. Red and black will be going in to an Auxbeam controller for main lighting function. Would the yellow wire just tap in to the DRL wire on the head light pigtail?
Would the black wire be better off on a body ground and just the red wire attach to the Auxbeam controller box ? TIA

1680150757369.png
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
an idea : run a relay off of a fused spot in the panel that is only hot when the truck is on, that way the drl only turn on with the truck. then wire the power and ground of the lights to your switch control like normal. another idea, if the switch panel you have has enough spots you can run the drl feature to another open spot or button.

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
i'm working on a project similar to yours at the moment, running Strands lights with amber/white lights, will run a feed from DRL feed to white lights. not sure yet if Ill run a relay or not, the power needs for the drl in Strands light is very low but better be safe than sorry!

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
paramedic
Hello All, have a question regarding wiring. These lights I'm in the process of getting ready to install have a DRL function and I was wondering how I could take advantage of it. Red and black will be going in to an Auxbeam controller for main lighting function. Would the yellow wire just tap in to the DRL wire on the head light pigtail?
Would the black wire be better off on a body ground and just the red wire attach to the Auxbeam controller box ? TIA

1680150757369.png
and if you want to go all in, make youself a pigtail, plug it between harness and headlights, make 3 wires coming out, 1 for high beam ton control led bar, 1 for drl to feed your drl on your aux lights and for signal light to make your accent light flash with signal light :p use a switch back led driver for DRL and signal light! and voila!

20230330_095004.jpg

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
If you can wire it into the low beam circuit there is a tweak in Forscan to turn the low beams on as DRL’s. This is so everyone can see your Raptor grille lights in the daytime. :sunglasses:

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
and if you want to go all in, make youself a pigtail, plug it between harness and headlights, make 3 wires coming out, 1 for high beam ton control led bar, 1 for drl to feed your drl on your aux lights and for signal light to make your accent light flash with signal light :p use a switch back led driver for DRL and signal light! and voila!

20230330_095004.jpg
Are those the connectors to make the headlight harness tap? Where did you buy them?
B.

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
paramedic
Are those the connectors to make the headlight harness tap? Where did you buy them?
B.
Took them on Aliexpress.com, you will need some tools to install the pins but the process is simple, as long as you follow the wiring diagram from Ford and you add the "drl feed" to the proper pin, you should be good!