Upgrading 2019 Ranger - would love wireless charging and wireless Carplay

RangerRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2014 F150 FX4
Hi everyone - I love my 2019 Ranger - (we also have owned F150 and Expy's) ... love the Ranger.
From an electronics standpoint, I was happy BUT .....
I just rented a car on business for a week a 2022 Durango that had a sweet screen, wireless charging, and Carplay ....

Besides updating the screen ... I think I can buy a USB dongle to make my Carplay wireless .... anyone else tackle that or have a recommendation?

I will be searching the threads also ... thanks!
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone - I love my 2019 Ranger - (we also have owned F150 and Expy's) ... love the Ranger.
From an electronics standpoint, I was happy BUT .....
I just rented a car on business for a week a 2022 Durango that had a sweet screen, wireless charging, and Carplay ....

Besides updating the screen ... I think I can buy a USB dongle to make my Carplay wireless .... anyone else tackle that or have a recommendation?

I will be searching the threads also ... thanks!
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/wireless-charging-install.2704/page-3

@DirkM has a 3D printed wireless charging plate that looks factory. Highly recommended - you can hide a wireless Carplay adapter underneath it.

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I have two CarPlay wireless adapters and love them (one for my truck and one for the wife's SUV). Here is the thread - basically I believe most are the same and work - but if you have an issue update the firmware and that should do it - I ATOTO S3 in my truck once updated works great and my wife's is OTTO Air and also worked great in the Ranger. There is a thread also -