Occupation
Retired
Hi Jerry,

Short answer... Yes you are wrong!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I was wrong. It took them 15 minutes from the time I handed him the key until he brought the Truck back with the new trim in place.
Sponsored

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
What you need to consider is the work load on the service department. How many vehicles are in front of yours for various different repairs? How many techs are in? How many techs didn't show up for work?

I went in yesterday for a simple alignment. The first dealership called the night before and canceled my appointment due to the tech testing positive for COVID-19. Yesterday I called a different dealership and was told to bring it in at 0830 and they would be able to get me in. I showed up at 0824, and was told it was going to be two hours. I was a little surprised because it should be a 20 minute job tops, but I told them I would gladly wait. There were a handful of customers already waiting. Soon after I arrived I saw a tech go out and retrieve my vehicle. I ended up finding two techs working that used to work at fleet management for the county I work for and ended up shooting the breeze with them for a couple of minutes. I was out the door after one hour but my truck had been done for a little before they found me to let me know.
This! Not trying to bust your chops OP, but you're not the only one that needs their car worked on by the shop. I'm sure they will get to the trim as quickly as they can but other people need their cars fixed too.

OP
OP

Dochatley

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
This! Not trying to bust your chops OP, but you're not the only one that needs their car worked on by the shop. I'm sure they will get to the trim as quickly as they can but other people need their cars fixed too.
I guess you failed to read the above posts before posting your comments which have nothing to do with anything said. There was NEVER any complaint about when they could fix the truck. They could call and say come in 3 weeks and we will get you in. That wasn’t a problem. The reason for the post was that the service writer said it would take 1-2 days to do the job once the truck was brought in. That was Bull Sh;$. Then to top it off the idiot never called. The service manager was very apologetic and said what happened shouldn’t have. It was fixed in 15 minutes.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I have a slight defect in the trim below the driver window. Went to selling dealer and after 10 pictures and a couple of days they called and said it would be covered by warranty. Good news. Then he says I will Call you when part gets here and you will need to leave it a couple of days to do the job. 2 DAYS TO CHANGE OUT THAT TRIM. Are they serious. It’s 4 minutes to take off door panel and maybe a couple screws. Am I wrong?
56EE5E85-CB26-43DF-9E2D-8D4AF871EBBF.jpeg
It takes NO MORE than 5 minutes to change that lower trim piece out! ONE screw accessible WITHOUT any panel removal is all that holds it in place. Did all 4 of my trim pieces in 20 minutes!
Sponsored