Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Shipping and receiving
20200525_130838.jpg
this is my center console. The finish is kinda gross on the front here. What should I do about this?
Sponsored

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Dealer should replace it under factory warranty no problem.
Part defect from the factory. It doesn't have to be a functional defect, like a paint issue or whatever, it's a defect. and a small one.

OP
OP

DaytonBenson

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Shipping and receiving
Sweet, I'll have to get ahold of my dealer. First new car here, so I'm learning. Thanks

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
20200525_130838.jpg
this is my center console. The finish is kinda gross on the front here. What should I do about this?
If you just brought the vehicle home, then it is a defect that your dealer should make right at no cost to you. It should not matter if it is a small thing like this or something big and mechanical, the dealer should make it right, free of charge, and no hassle about it. If the sales agent tries to blame you for the defect or say it is not covered, go right to the manager; if the manager does not satisfy you, go to the higher level Ford authorities. If you take it high enough, you will certainly reach someone who understands that it is the company's responsibility to do right by you--not to mention that it is in the company's best interest to do so.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I agree, bring it to the attention of your dealer, who should take care of it.

Just to give you an idea of the sorts of things that a dealer should fix on a new vehicle even though they're minor: I had two small issues with my pickup that my dealer solved with absolutely no hassle. About a week after I took possession, I noticed a very small ding on one of the door jams. It's really inconspicuous, but it did chip the paint down to metal so I was worried about it being a spot for rust to start. I pointed it out to the dealer with the hope that they could just cover it with a dab of touch-up paint, but I honestly expected them to accuse me of being responsible for it. Dealer took one look at, commented on how weird of a spot that is to get dinged (we concluded it must have happened during assembly), and gave me a touchup pen.

Then two months into ownership, I noticed a very small split forming on the boot for the parking brake handle. They ordered in a new one without hesitation.

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
I hate to have to say this, but this defect is an affront to you as a consumer on several fronts. First, for the person working on manufacturing the lid not flagging it as a defect, and then to this person or another whomever packaged it for delivery to Ford.
Second, for the person on the Ford assembly line for actually installing into your truck. And finally to the inspector who signed off on the finished truck. It is too very bad that some people don’t take pride in doing good work instead of not giving a $hit, especially when they are getting paid to work to written quality standards and procedures.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
20200525_130838.jpg
I would say stop chewing on your center console. :sunglasses: But in all honesty, it appears to be a defect, should be covered under warranty.

OP
OP

DaytonBenson

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Shipping and receiving
Thanks all, I have an appointment scheduled with my dealer.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I would say stop chewing on your center console. :sunglasses: But in all honesty, it appears to be a defect, should be covered under warranty.
On my 2004 F150, the left side of the driver seat wore out pretty quick from sliding out of my truck and Ford would not cover it saying it was a normal wear and tear issue. But that center console cover is definitely a factory defect. Let us know how this turns out.
Sponsored