Why no Ranger advertisement?

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
With all the hoopla over the Maverick I'm left to wonder why Ford doesn't push the Ranger more in the advertising world. I don't recall seeing a lot of ads for the Ranger before it came out or perhaps my memory is really bad. All F-150 and Raptor stuff it seems.
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I know the Ranger sales are pretty good. Makes you wonder what would happen it they advertised it more. A buddy of mine in Vegas is now interested in a Ranger. Hadn't even heard about the Tremor until I told him.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't watch much tv but I still have never seen an ad for the Ranger. With the F150 being their top seller it does make more sense putting the advertising money into that. I think if Ranger sales were low you'd see more ads but it looks like it's holding its own against the other mid size trucks.

So far there's only been Bronco Sport ads out but with the full size one starting production now there should be full size ones coming out soon. Only downside is they have to fill reservation holders orders first (125,000) before any retail orders so it'll take all of 2022 to fill those first.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
So far there's only been Bronco Sport ads out but with the full size one starting production now there should be full size ones coming out soon. Only downside is they have to fill reservation holders orders first (125,000) before any retail orders so it'll take all of 2022 to fill those first.
Pretty sure Bronco Nation blew their ad budget for the Bronco already. Also, as you pointed our, no need to advertise as they won't be able to build 'em fast enough the first couple of years.

I've seen Rangers in some of the more general Ford advertisements. But no Ranger specific ads. Some of the guys at work that aren't "car guys" didn't even know that the 5g existed.

Last edited:

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
With all the hoopla over the Maverick I'm left to wonder why Ford doesn't push the Ranger more in the advertising world. I don't recall seeing a lot of ads for the Ranger before it came out or perhaps my memory is really bad. All F-150 and Raptor stuff it seems.
Probably for the same reason that after the first ads for the Sport Trac after it was introduced there was nothing more in the way of ads. Ford was so afraid it would take away enough sales from the Fx50 sales that they would lose there precious claim to the 'best selling' tag line.

Marmite

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab FX4
Granted I’ve only had my Ranger for a few weeks now but I’ve already had several people come up to me and ask “is that the new Ranger, how do you like it?” Quite funny since the car has been out for 3 years or so.

I can understand it in that I rarely see any 5g Rangers on the road.

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
Granted I’ve only had my Ranger for a few weeks now but I’ve already had several people come up to me and ask “is that the new Ranger, how do you like it?” Quite funny since the car has been out for 3 years or so.

I can understand it in that I rarely see any 5g Rangers on the road.
I remember telling my friend, " Hey is that a the new Ford Ranger". This was in 2019 though. But I do remember being actually excited for seeing one in the wild.