First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
So far south in Texas we call people in San Antonio Yankees. Yepper, 4x2 works just fine!
Well Mike what does that make usins :LOL:
Sponsored

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I've had pickups since 1978, and every one of them, including my Lariat, has been a 4x2. The most off-road any of them have seen is simple pasture land. And the older I get, my Ranger is likely to see nothing more than pavement.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Went with the 4x2 also. I don't really need a 4x4, so it would have been money wasted. Downside to getting the 4x2...it took FOREVER to find one.
None was to be found anywhere near me here in Minnesota, and I cave in and brought my first 4x4 as I've never owned one.. Used it late winter, and really did enjoy it! LOL

blue17

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota corolla
Occupation
education
Is it worth it to just get the FX2 package over just the rear locker? Are the extras worth it for around an extra $200? FX2 comes with rear locker.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Is it worth it to just get the FX2 package over just the rear locker? Are the extras worth it for around an extra $200? FX2 comes with rear locker.
So does the XL ..its extra on the order sheet ..
Regards
Doc

TONTO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
4X2 here. I wasn't looking for a 4X4 to begin with because I rarely need one. The Ranger I found had so many things already installed I was looking for that I put down a deposit before ever seeing it since it was an hour and a half away.

Bud

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL supper cab 2019 Volt 99 XK8 Jaguar
Occupation
Sailor
For the little I have used 4 wheel drive in the past I wanted a 4x2. My major requirement was to have a smaller cab so I could have a longer bed. My last pickup was Nissan crew cab 4x4. I drove it for 16 years and the only thing I would have changed on it was the crew cab, to get the longer bed.

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
2WD with a rear locker here. Been off-roading all over the place and have never gotten stuck. Unless it’s deep mud or a rock crawling situation, you’ll be absolutely fine.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
My last couple of F-150s were 4X2 and I hated having to install tire socks just to go up to the Sierras while my friends with snow tires and four wheel drive were allowed to continue without them. I decided to buy my Ranger as a 4X4 but also with the electronic locking rear differential. The reality is that I've only had to put the truck into 4X4 once since I bought it. The rest of the time, the ELD was enough to get me through even without the tire socks installed.

Most likely, assuming I haven't moved by then, the next truck I get will be a 4X2 with a rear locker, though. I don't live in the snow belt and am not planning on moving to those areas either. If I can tackle the Sierras with 4X2 and a locker, with the occasional tire sock install, I'll likely be fine.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I already had a 4X4 in the garage, so I didn't want or need another. One's a plenty for anybody. :)