Which Running boards / side steps

BC_Express

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Just got my new ingot silver ranger supercrew and want to put running boards or side steps on it but I DONT like the factory OEM's.

I'm leaning toward the Go Rhino DSS sliders or the RB 20's. I would like the pinch welds covered up when the boards are installed because i dont like the way they look.

Any photos and / or advice on these or any others?

Also, saw a post somewhere that someone put spacers (5/8 inch on the dss go rhinos) to bring them out some. Does anyone sell the spacers or what did you use to make it work.

Thanks,
Brian
Sponsored

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase
I have ADD Lite on mine. (I had same ones on my Lariat last year).
Easy install into oem hole locations. The downside is its pricey, but its well made and the quality is awesome. :)

12B6D694-C4BB-46B3-AFA1-9CB68DF767CB.jpeg

30E85711-0536-42D7-A465-C1131EC90E6C.jpeg

78D58E98-DEFE-4AC9-A0EB-448816CE1BD2.jpeg

Last edited:

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
I have go rhino dss sliders. Originally ordered them from running board warehouse. It was a ****show. Said they would ship on a tuesday. Got email it would be another week. After a month called to see whats up they hemmed and hawed about giving an answer. Took another month to get credit card refunded with twice daily calls for a week. Summit racing had them in stock. Arrived a week later easy to install and look great. Don’t stick out too much and my kid can climb in back by himself. Highly recommend.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
I have the GoRhino RB20's on mine. Love them. I can hear stones hitting them on gravel roads, so they do a great job of protecting the paint on top of their primary purpose.

I got them from Stage3 and left a review. They're great boards, but the bolt threads that they came with were awfully soft. The bolts went light on me and I certainly wasn't overtightening them. I got some new bolts for a few bucks from a hardware store and they went in better. Part of the issue is that there are only about 2 tapped threads on the board itself so there's not a lot for the bolt to grip onto. I didn't tighten them as tight as I'd have liked to, but I've checked them a couple times and had no issues with them loosening. There are lock washers included.
IMG_1842.jpg
IMG_1843.jpg
IMG_1845.jpg

bseaquist24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
I have the GoRhino RB20's on mine. Love them. I can hear stones hitting them on gravel roads, so they do a great job of protecting the paint on top of their primary purpose.

I got them from Stage3 and left a review. They're great boards, but the bolt threads that they came with were awfully soft. The bolts went light on me and I certainly wasn't overtightening them. I got some new bolts for a few bucks from a hardware store and they went in better. Part of the issue is that there are only about 2 tapped threads on the board itself so there's not a lot for the bolt to grip onto. I didn't tighten them as tight as I'd have liked to, but I've checked them a couple times and had no issues with them loosening. There are lock washers included.
IMG_1842.jpg
IMG_1843.jpg
IMG_1845.jpg
What is the length of these running boards 80 or 87 inches?