Which Running Boards/Side Steps did you purchase?

jmccoy62003

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew LT/STX Hot Pepper Red
Occupation
Retired
Ordered these, curious to see how tight they run to the body and hopefully not stick out as much, seems more like a slider/ running board design. Haven't seen them on a Ranger but on an F-150 they seem to tuck in quite a bit, hoping for the same.

armordillo-rs-steps.jpg

ARMORDILLO 2019-2021 FORD RANGER SUPER CREW RS SERIES RUNNING BOARD - TEXTURE BLACK
SKU: 8702642

Got them off Amazon so I can return them if they look silly or seem flimsy.
These are exactly what I was looking for. Gonna order me a set today!
Sponsored

FireSpark

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Real Estate
Just finished installing the NB1 running board/side steps from Barricade.
Back in my jeep days, I was pretty pleased with their price point and quality for what I spent and overall, these for the Ranger are stout and secured nicely.

20220219_161059.jpg

20220219_161114.jpg

20220219_161119.jpg

20220219_161124.jpg

tm1506

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Outback XT
Occupation
Retired
Got them on today, maybe took an hour by myself in the garage. Hardware seems pretty robust and the finish on them is tuff. They look great, almost oem, not big or clunky like the zombies are coming..

20220130_125637.jpg

20220130_125634.jpg

20220130_125628.jpg

20220130_125624.jpg

20220130_125612.jpg

20220130_125604.jpg

20220130_125600.jpg
Barry, now that you've had these for a while how are they working out for you? I like how they aren't too wide and tuck in close to the cab. Are they functional?
Thanks - Tony

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Cactus, 2018 R8+ Suzuka Grey Metallic
Occupation
Software
Barry, now that you've had these for a while how are they working out for you? I like how they aren't too wide and tuck in close to the cab. Are they functional?
Thanks - Tony
They've been great, lots of traction when it snowed here a few times and tucked in super tight to the cab so you don't notice them all that much. Super functional since I have a 3" lift, makes getting in easier for the shorter folks.

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
I replaced my Tremor rails with Go Rhino RB10s in the powder coated finish. I finished the swap last night, and my initial impressions are positive overall. I like that you can stand anywhere on them, and while the running board style is slightly higher than the dropped step of the Tremor rails, I find the height to be perfect for me for getting in and out of the vehicle when I choose to use them.

The best part is that they do not destroy the back of my legs if I hop out without using the step unlike the factory Tremor rails.

3262.jpg

3265.jpg

Canuckian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Crew Cab Lariat Blackout
Looking at the factor running boards, It would be real easy to tie them into the Frame as true sliders. Might try it eventually. I like the look of them.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Pictures below. (My truck is a truck and therefore is dirty...but holy cow even as a truck it's time for a bath...)

Other than the grooves, there's no additional nonstick texturing of any kind. When I placed my order, the product description said there was a rubber pad on the surface, but communication with the seller after I received them revealed that the design had changed to remove the rubber and the listing hadn't yet been updated. I haven't had any issues with slipping, but I do wonder if I had a coating of packed snow on the bottom of my boots if those grooves might become tracks that just carry my feet down the length of the step.

Like I said before, I have the 5" step, which is a really good size for me. I think I would have been just as happy, or at least close to as happy, with the 4" version, but I think the 6" version would have been too wide for what I was looking for.

20220106_082615.jpg
20220106_082624.jpg
20220106_082631.jpg
Thanks for the pics. About how low are they? I've got an XL on order and would like to get some running boards to help my wife get in. They need to be low enough to make a significant difference (the AMP powered ones are nice but too pricey).

I guess a 2-inch drop would be good but I can't really tell from your pics (or any pics of these).

Good tip on the width too, I was looking at the 6 inch but it's helpful to hear you say the 5 are good.

Thanks!

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Thanks for the pics. About how low are they? I've got an XL on order and would like to get some running boards to help my wife get in. They need to be low enough to make a significant difference (the AMP powered ones are nice but too pricey).

I guess a 2-inch drop would be good but I can't really tell from your pics (or any pics of these).

Good tip on the width too, I was looking at the 6 inch but it's helpful to hear you say the 5 are good.

Thanks!
The step height is about 14 inches with completely stock suspension. That puts it about 5 inches below door sill.

The powered ones would be pretty sweet, but I already have a hard enough time justifying the cost of accessories to my wife.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
The step height is about 14 inches with completely stock suspension. That puts it about 5 inches below door sill.

The powered ones would be pretty sweet, but I already have a hard enough time justifying the cost of accessories to my wife.
Wow, that's so awesome of you to measure. I greatly appreciate it. :like:

My wife's leg is messed up and bending her knee is tough. Plus she's 5'2", so even the 2-wheel drive XL we have on order will be frustrating.

Both those measurements are excellent and give me exactly what I need to make a good decision (well, apart from deciding to rob a bank to get the AMP power step, but since I don't have the Ranger yet, my 17 year old 96 horsepower Scion would make a terrible getaway car!).

That 14 inches sounds really good and the 5 inch drop makes the second step into the cab sound pretty easy. I'm going to mock up that 14 inches with leftover wood and see what she thinks. I'd like to have the running boards here before the truck arrives so that she can be as excited about it as I am (and that might help me with the same accessories issue you have!). :shock:

Thank you very much jsphlynch, this means more to me than you know.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I searched but no luck ...

Could SuperCrew running boards be mounted on a SuperCab to give easy access to the front of the bed?

They'd stick out past the cab but I don't care if that means I could step up and reach into the front of the bed (I'm short).

Thanks!

Edit: Seems like this would work best with running boards that allow for sliding front and back to position them, assuming the body mounting points may be slightly different.

Another edit: I spoke to an installer at N-Fab and they said you could do that with their Growler boards but that standing on the back to get to the bed could bend that last bracket - a matter of leverage and that makes sense.

Last edited:

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
I replaced my Tremor rails with Go Rhino RB10s in the powder coated finish. I finished the swap last night, and my initial impressions are positive overall. I like that you can stand anywhere on them, and while the running board style is slightly higher than the dropped step of the Tremor rails, I find the height to be perfect for me for getting in and out of the vehicle when I choose to use them.

The best part is that they do not destroy the back of my legs if I hop out without using the step unlike the factory Tremor rails.

3262.jpg

3265.jpg
i like the look of those. almost identical to the oem steps on my raptor. shame they dont make them for the supercab

Comadivine11

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Mailman
Just finished installing the NB1 running board/side steps from Barricade.
Back in my jeep days, I was pretty pleased with their price point and quality for what I spent and overall, these for the Ranger are stout and secured nicely.
I was looking at these but I'm curious if they attach to frame or body? Obviously, I love the price and look of these but I've also been looking at the Schrockwork sliders. The shrockworks are significantly more expensive but they are also seriously heavy duty (attach to frame and can be used as a jack-lift point). What's your opinion on how you think yours will hold up in the long run and how they'd do if they ever met a rock?

Thanks!

FireSpark

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Real Estate
They attach to the frame railing under via 3 (on each side) nut/bolt brackets that then attach to the bars themselves.
Harken back to my jeep days - you can not go wrong with Schrockworks and they are built to last. I was not looking to drop heavy coin on steps since I did have the factory ones already but I just got tired of the looks of them. The NB1's allowed me to upgrade a little bit and have a little more flare to them. Plus - I do not see utilizing a Hi-lift on these would cause any problems.

I do not expect much from these to be honest. They feel sturdy and road ready - but I am not sure if I would take hard trail running without having a feeling of uncertainty that they will hold up during a full drop on a boulder/rock. Now with that said - you strengthen the brackets and weld them in place instead of bolting them on then that might be a different story. All in all - they are still produced with China metal.....take that for what it is.

I hope this helps!

I was looking at these but I'm curious if they attach to frame or body? Obviously, I love the price and look of these but I've also been looking at the Schrockwork sliders. The shrockworks are significantly more expensive but they are also seriously heavy duty (attach to frame and can be used as a jack-lift point). What's your opinion on how you think yours will hold up in the long run and how they'd do if they ever met a rock?

Thanks!

Protojet

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL STX Supercab
Occupation
Airplanes
I want to install side steps so my wife can get in the truck a little easier. Just bought a new 2019 XLT Super Crew. We are in our mid 60's and she has had a couple of spine surgeries.
They need to be functional, have a non-slip surface, and good looking. Don't want them sticking out like wings and looking like an ugly add-on.
What did you buy? Pics would be cool.
I bought Steelcraft STX600 off Craigslist for 150.00. Wife likes them since her feet don’t slip off. Lol

CC1B240C-883B-4BD1-98C7-3AAC5C89EBAD.jpeg

2ACA2AC9-4C67-4814-81E3-83F587EDD6FF.jpeg
Sponsored