Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for reminding what I hated about my Ranger when I went through first rain storm...the OEM blades chattered like crazy...tossed them out and never went back...ran Rain-X an now TRICO Diamond...
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I've never had as good of an experience with wiper blades as I did with the OEM ranger blades..

2.5 years of Maine torture and they were still 100% streak free.

Literally every other brand I've ever used.. rain-x, Bosch, whatever.... always needed annual replacement.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I've never had as good of an experience with wiper blades as I did with the OEM ranger blades..

2.5 years of Maine torture and they were still 100% streak free.

Literally every other brand I've ever used.. rain-x, Bosch, whatever.... always needed annual replacement.
I've had real good luck with OEM as well. Just replaced with new OEM after almost three years. Used my Ford Pass points.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Good luck on just the insert. Many manufacturers have gone away from this and the ones that are available are only for conventional type wipers. The OEM for the Ranger are the fancy blade

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I don't know about anyone else, but the factory wipers that came on my truck were garbage. They made it about a month before I threw them in the trash and replaced them with Bosch Icons.
Mine lasted 3 years. To me factory are the best - For one reason, every one of the other brands are universal, and the blade mount portion sits way too high because of the plastic adapters needed to make it work. As a result, they interfere with the wiper spray. I went through 3 of them before I said screw this and went back to OEM. There's nothing wrong with my spray heads. Universal wiper mounts just suck, plain and simple.

To original poster: to get them, the problem is they are rare and out of stock everywhere - because people know the other options suck. Most dealers don't have them and have to order them, and can't get them right away. I went to two different dealers and ended up getting my money back because they couldn't deliver timely.

The answer - find the OEM part numbers - KB3Z-17528-BA and KB3Z-17528-CA and order on ebay. There, unlike dealers, they won't sell unless they have them in hand ready to give to you.

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
I don't know about anyone else, but the factory wipers that came on my truck were garbage. They made it about a month before I threw them in the trash and replaced them with Bosch Icons.
Same here. My OEMs were terrible. Bosch Icons are the best.

OP
OP

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Thanks for the thoughts all. It sounds like the OEM aren't meant to be refilled (unfortunately).
Though I've refilled the Bosch Icon (my previous ranger) without issue by removing the end clip, but thought perhaps OEM had an approved refill.

Does anyone know why manufacturers are moving away from refills?
Eg PIAA are supposed to have excellent refillable inserts.
Is there a performance-related reason beyond greed, eg we pay more each time?

OP
OP

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Thanks for the thoughts all. It sounds like the OEM aren't meant to be refilled (unfortunately).
Though I've refilled the Bosch Icon (my previous ranger) without issue by removing the end clip, but thought perhaps OEM had an approved refill.

Does anyone know why manufacturers are moving away from refills?
Eg PIAA are supposed to have excellent refillable inserts.
Is there a performance-related reason beyond greed, eg we pay more each time?
Most people don't do refills, so they(the assembling manufacturer) end up stock piling material that just sits around aging. Less about greed and more about not wasting material.