First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
Well, the first surgery is completed. Torn ACL and Luxating Patella (knee dislocation) in her right leg repaired. She is very sore and will have to have the same basic type of surgery in the left leg in about 5 weeks. It is very hard to see her hurt, however in the long run she will be so much better in a couple of months. I have to carry her up and down our 4 stair steps to go outside now, but I am happy to do it. She was a Parvo sick pup too, so Sasha has had a rough life, health wise. Soon she will be wagging that tail running around in our back yard. We can't wait for her to get better!!!

IMG_2673.jpg
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Well, the first surgery is completed. Torn ACL and Luxating Patella (knee dislocation) in her right leg repaired. She is very sore and will have to have the same basic type of surgery in the left leg in about 5 weeks. It is very hard to see her hurt, however in the long run she will be so much better in a couple of months. I have to carry her up and down our 4 stair steps to go outside now, but I am happy to do it. She was a Parvo sick pup too, so Sasha has had a rough life, health wise. Soon she will be wagging that tail running around in our back yard. We can't wait for her to get better!!!

IMG_2673.jpg
Wishing Sasha a speedy and full recovery! :like:?:thumbsup:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank you Jeff!
Appreciate the kind words and thoughts!
No problem at all!

I know what you are going through, I've been there several times with other furry ones who've "owned" me.

A new pet is a bittersweet experience, they bring so much joy when they first enter our lives, however there is always the dreaded fact that you will probably outlive them...nevertheless I am hoping for many more healthy and happy years for Sasha!

GTG, "Sir" Pierre is ringing for his morning ritual, Dom Perignon and beluga caviar...lol

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired

IMG_2673.jpg
Good on you Phil.

We had a similar surgery on one of our dogs many moons ago (just one leg though).

After maybe a few month or so, she was 100%, although we still couldn’t let her jump up or down on anything for like 2 months.

After that time, Abby was GTG and a lot happier and active. She lived another 15 years. Still miss that dog. Enjoy her.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I hear you, while walking Pierre a couple of years ago, I came across a couple also walking their Frenchie.

We chatted a little, they asked me if Pierre had medical insurance, my response was that I was considering it. They told me about their other Frenchie that was recovering in a pet hospital because the dog needed back surgery...to the tune of 10K, and counting and if they did not have insurance on the dog they would have to take out a personal loan for it's medical expenses.

Later that evening I took out a policy for Pierre, the yearly premium is pricey, but what price to pay to ensure a healthy life for a dog with unwavering devotion, dedication and love which Pierre has given me?

There is not a day that goes by without me growing fonder and fonder of the little guy...

pierre.jpg
20210117_120445.jpg
Where'd you get your policy?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
What a coincidence. Just last week, I stepped out on the porch around 11 pm to let Joline out for one last time before bed. I left the lights off, to allow a better view of the night sky. Sat down on the steps, put my hand down and felt something odd. It took me about 1/4 of a second to realize it was a snake. When I landed, ( who knew an old man could jump that far) it was on the move. Got a flash light to investigate. Black snake a good 6 feet long. Joline was not at all concerned. Looked at me like, so you never saw a snake before? :crazy:
Yeah, I would have hurt something trying to get up! Chief sounds more like Joline. He just stands back & watches the people freak out.? He’s not about to go near the snake!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Where'd you get your policy?
Nationwide Insurance, I'm happy with them and have made several small claims.

Claim processing time is quick, usually takes 2-3 days.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Tito defining a new borrow upon return from Flafstaff. He shunned the 107°F temps in the backyard...

TitoMexstoola.jpg

Best,
Phil
Hi Folks,

Back home after two weeks in Michigan... Tito was very happy to see us and ate the most kale I have seen him eat in a very long time....Two huge plates. Cleaning lady said he ate very little each 2 days when she fed him.... He is now sleeping peacefully at the toe kick for Margie's computer desk... Full tummy and happy to see us for sure....

Best,
Phil

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nationwide Insurance, I'm happy with them and have made several small claims.

Claim processing time is quick, usually takes 2-3 days.
Hi Folks,

We have a Nationwide policy on Tito. Likely never use it but it is peace of mind.....Not very costly through our Credit Union.....$15 per month.... $200 yearly deductible...

Best,
Phil

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi Folks,

We have a Nationwide policy on Tito. Likely never use it but it is peace of mind.....Not very costly through our Credit Union.....$15 per month.... $200 yearly deductible...

Best,
Phil
Pierre's yearly policy is a bit more pricey, but I also have a "Wellness" rider on his policy, besides covering his annual checkup, it also covers his monthly meds and special diet kibble.

I am also in the process of installing a window AC unit for his "boudoir", summertime has hit Hawaii with a vengeance, it was in the high 80's today, with humidity at around the same percentage wise.

Gotta keep the 'lil guy as comfortable as possible, he is already at 1/2 of his expected life.

Frenchies rarely live past 14 years...
20210117_120445.jpg
Sponsored