First Name
Emanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021
Occupation
Elec. Tech.
I will try to search for your experience on the forum. I also had such bad experiences, not with the Ranger and not with spacers, rather OEM after tyre swap. Probably the workshop torque wrench not set properly or not even torqued. Both happened in the first 50 miles, so before I would recheck :(. Luckily nothing bad happened just the dreaded noise of a loose wheel.
Sad, my friend's Jeep have 2 inch spacer since day 1, today 6 years later, never had a single issue.

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
I'm running 1.5 on my Ranger. It has been offroad many times with no issues. I used some thread lock on the posts when I installed to assure bolts didnt back off. Love the look. Beware 1.5 sets tires out about .25 of an inch. Which through mud and road debris on side of truck. At least with mud tires haha.
20210329_124041.jpg
20210424_110953.jpg
20210418_133709.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running 1.5 on my Ranger. It has been offroad many times with no issues. I used some thread lock on the posts when I installed to assure bolts didnt back off. Love the look. Beware 1.5 sets tires out about .25 of an inch. Which through mud and road debris on side of truck. At least with mud tires haha.
20210329_124041.jpg
20210424_110953.jpg
20210418_133709.jpg
Hi Robert,

How is the steering wheel kickback with these spacers? Maybe the Electric Steer helps to negate this. Do not know? Honest feedback please.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Hi Robert,

How is the steering wheel kickback with these spacers? Maybe the Electric Steer helps to negate this. Do not know? Honest feedback please.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Honestly I haven't noticed any difference in the steering since I installed them. Truck feels a little more stable in turns though. Not enough to say it improved handling or anything. Think it's more a cosmetic thing.

Mid-Size

Digging on the spacer topic that I can't seem to find an answer too... everyone just makes post install reviews. Now it's not rocket science how to install but were shorter studs needed for say the 1" width spacers? Or did they clear with no need for changes?

Like many on this topic I am using factory wheels... my entire setup to frame it all. 16X7 steels on 265/75r16's, Eibach pro coils (they say 3" but 2" is all I want). None of this is on the truck yet... but is purchased waiting to go once it warms up.

I'm not the avid off roader many of you are. I do go camping maybe twice a year if that. I however do deal with all season weather extremes.

I was thinking the 1.25" would be the way to go. This will be my first experiencing with spacers, I could use the expertise of the member who've used them in the past.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Digging on the spacer topic that I can't seem to find an answer too... everyone just makes post install reviews. Now it's not rocket science how to install but were shorter studs needed for say the 1" width spacers? Or did they clear with no need for changes?

Like many on this topic I am using factory wheels... my entire setup to frame it all. 16X7 steels on 265/75r16's, Eibach pro coils (they say 3" but 2" is all I want). None of this is on the truck yet... but is purchased waiting to go once it warms up.

I'm not the avid off roader many of you are. I do go camping maybe twice a year if that. I however do deal with all season weather extremes.

I was thinking the 1.25" would be the way to go. This will be my first experiencing with spacers, I could use the expertise of the member who've used them in the past.
Hi Ryan,

The spacers have a few concerns. First and most important is thread engagement...Or how many threads does the lugnut engage with spacers vs what the lugnuts engage Stock. Ford does not have a minimum engagement spec, but does say that on exposed threads that there must be three threads visible as they may be imperfectly formed. So if you have spacers that only engage three threads on the lugnuts...JMO...you are on thin ice. I guess if the lugs can take 100 ft-lbs you are likely okay. Again, JMO.

I do not like spacers, but many folks here have run them at different thicknesses and let these folks comment on if you are okay with 1.25" spacers.

Best,
Phil

AndyMedic

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paramedic
I’m running the 1” faction fab spacers. I’ve had them on almost 22000-23000 miles zero issues, a lot of off-road time as well. They have been great.

Mid-Size

Thanks for both of the different perspectives. I really appreciate your replies. I will certainly make sure each one is seated properly.
Sponsored