Will parts from 2019-2020 fit on a 2021 Ranger?

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
Sorry if this has been asked, I tried searching but I'm not terribly great at it.

I keep looking for aftermarket parts for my 2021 but as soon as you punch 2021 Ranger into a lot of websites, your results drop to nothing. I'm assuming they just haven't updated their systems as from what I gather the year bracket for parts so far is 19-21. But I'm kind of nervous to go through with buying expensive shit if It turns out a single bracket or bolt hole is missing on my truck compared to the previous two years.

It's getting frustrating. :frown:

Even Ford's own accessory site does it! I wanted to buy the running boards for the truck, but as soon as I change it to 2021, all I get are the chrome running boards, and I wanted the black ones.
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Pretty much. As far as I know they are all the same.*

* don't take my word for it though, but they should fit.

OP
OP
spartan0078

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
Websites don't get updated. If unsure, first verify with the vendor.
I've actually emailed a few of them for verification. Only one I ever heard back from was Borla. ☹

And it turned out I didn't even need to message them because their actual website had the info. The place I was buying it from didn't.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I've actually emailed a few of them for verification. Only one I ever heard back from was Borla. ☹

And it turned out I didn't even need to message them because their actual website had the info. The place I was buying it from didn't.
EM's often fall into the bit bucket. Call and get a prompt answer.

OP
OP
spartan0078

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
EM's often fall into the bit bucket. Call and get a prompt answer.
Yeah you're probably right. Guess I'll have to be more aggressive in my questioning.

Would be nice if they'd all just update their damn websites though. Not like we're only days into the 2021's being available!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Only thing I know of that won't fit are UCAs unless they are the Camburg ones.

OP
OP
spartan0078

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
also check their return policy....doesnt fit, return it.
Yeah but I'm hoping to avoid that. The one candian website I've been using, their return policy is "unopened box" and I'm not sure how much wiggle room they'd allow there.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folk,

Without a detailed understanding of changes from 2019/2020 to 2021, it is difficult to say for sure stuff will fit. It depends on the running changes incorporated for the model year...so you have to proceed with caution.... Lets use an example of the exhaust system where there was a slight Hanger location required and you find that your new system does not fit. Much is carryover but there are some likely changes that can catch you out. It is incumbent on the aftermarket supplier to ensure their parts are not affected. Example. We made a brake hose routing change on the front suspension of the Explorer which caused certain Aftermarket Wheel Suppliers to find to their chagrin that their offset caused the hose to wear through... Not Ford's fault, but we sure took flack for it.

There are few model vehicles that are exactly the same model year to model year as well as the mid year running changes. Furstrating but it is the nature of the beast I am afraid. We had many changes that were timed...Job 1 plus 90 days, Job 1 plus 180 days and so on. Most were very minor but some were not.

My first taste of this was the change in the accelerator pedal system of which I was the deign engineer. We replaced this expensive threaded rod accelerator rod adjustment system with a simple cable that I had developed called the Mini Cable as it solved the dealership need to adjust the carburetor for WOT but not off the floor which could be a rubber mat or a carpet...almost none of the trucks were adjusted correctly as shipped. The mini cable solved this but the aftermarket cried fowl as the Holly retorfit carb did not now work with the 300 cid as the throttle lever was not in the same position as OEM. Ford's position..."not our problem". So buyer beware... I solved Ford's warranty issue for the buying customer, but the Mod customer was screwed... When you mod your Ranger...you are in uncharted territory. These forums are very helpful to avoid the mod issues or bring then to the forefront.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
spartan0078

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
Lets use an example of the exhaust system where there was a slight Hanger location required and you find that your new system does not fit.
Ugh guess this one might F me over. I ordered a Borla cat-back system. Borlas website lists it as 19-21 for the Ranger. The website I had to order it from only shows 19-20. I assumed the website I ordered it from just hadn't updated the listing yet. ☹

OP
OP
spartan0078

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
Oh Phil....look what you have done now.
You're hypothesising on a changed hanger bracket, has the OP worried now.

- Phil meant that sometimes there are little changes made like that, he wasnt being specific to the 2020-21 although in the legacy Rangers he was a part of, this likely happened.
That's a relief. Was WAY too specific of an example for the money I spent ?.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Only left rear door handles and tailgate dampenerernererners are interchangable between years...

Seriously though, I posted this on the Tremor thread, I noticed the nice looking aftermarket Ford Performance Diff Covers are not compatible with a Ranger Tremor. Something different with its Dana 44 M220 I guess, who knows. Stuff like that can be hit or miss.

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ranger stx
one thing to watch is the year change
my mustang is an early 03 but the front 4.6 acc changed and my 03 has an 02 engine
Sponsored