First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I bought this because the mavericks was not to our liking. I liked the technology it offers but really wanted a full frame. My wife said its ugly. Really the classic looks of the ranger sealed it for me. The grill isn’t bigger than the windshield.
LOL, I needed the Ranger to tow, but if my wife's job ever gives her the work van she's been promised for way too long and she can sell that RHD Jeep I want to see if she'd go for a Maverick Tremor, I need on hand spare parts for the RS. That and my snow tires from the RS should bolt right on the Maverick since she doesn't get off work for "rain, sleet or snow".
Sponsored

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
I knew I needed a mid-size truck, but I was weighing capability and gas mileage. IMO the Ranger came out on top of that calculation. I just hope I get half the reliability of the Frontier And Toyotas I had previously.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I've been a Fordisti since I got into the car biz in 1985. I bought Mopars before that, with a 13 year old GMC C15 and a Saab 99LE thrown in. The Ford/Lincoln/Mercury store was hiring, the Mopar Six Pack (Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, Jeep, AMC, Renault) store wasn't. I got to drive Ford demos, as well as several other makes of potential trade-ins and liked Fords overall for a more chair height seating position, and I always felt 60s-80s GM cars hat the steering wheel offset to the left, my left arm would be straighter than my right it felt like. I began buying Fords with my own money ever since with the exception of a '99 Chrysler LHS in 2003.
When I retired, I wanted a truck that would haul my midsize motorcycle, and the Ranger was at the top of my short list with a GMC Canyon crew Cab/6'box a very close second. My garage is 20ft 7in deep from the door to my lockers & workbench and the canyon was about 13" longer than the Ranger, limiting my ability to get around it. Ranger got the nod, although I cast me a jaundiced eye toward a four cylinder, being a reluctant convert to V6s from V8s. My 2009 Mercury Mariner has been trouble free, needing only a recent half shaft replacement, and has many miles left in it.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rangers in the easiest way possible.
Looking back now it's quite humorous, at the time it was rather sickening ?
Not gonna lie, I would be devastated for weeks, but so glad you've found a sense of humor about it!

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Ok, after reading all those reasons, here's mine.
Blue was not the reason, I lied, I wanted red but this was December
2020 & pickings were getting scarce. This truck had the closest options I wanted, actually way more then I will ever need. I wanted
2wd with locker but they don't sell those up here so I kinda went all
out with the FX4. I use 4x4 when I can to test, make sure it still works
& trail control... I have no idea when I'll use that, I'm just happy
I have a radio, really.
Retirement is right around the corner & we want to become people
that travel with a truck & trailer, I kid you not, that's what we think we want. I hope this truck will pull the trailer from Montreal to Yukon, Alaska, Northwest Territories, Nunavut if we can find the road, down to Colorado, Arizona, Blue Mountains, NH, Maine, Newfoundland.
Not all the same day.
I
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.