carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rangers in the easiest way possible.
Steep discounts and low interest rates at the time, plus it had the setup I was looking for...
A discount or low rate is hard to refuse, plus is a great truck, so win-win.
Sponsored

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
$10k+ off sticker.

It was just a bonus that it was equipped just the way I wanted and after driving the other midsize trucks I knew that I wanted a Ranger.
Yoooo that's a great discount! Lucky!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Smart move, hope the 2% saved you a pretty penny!
Hi,

It does save quite a bit and a copy the dealer invoice must be handed the employee purchaser, All documents are face up...A/Z price is in a box at the bottom of the invoice...that is what you pay.

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
Hi,

It does save quite a bit and a copy the dealer invoice must be handed the employee purchaser, All documents are face up...A/Z price is in a box at the bottom of the invoice...that is what you pay.

Best,
Phil
Sweet!! Wish i had one of those dicounts.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
Revisionist history :like: $1.500 in 1983 for my1st car, ~10x that for another one in 2015, though it has appreciated in the last 8 years :thumbsup:

1st_car.jpg

drivers.jpg
Thats a crazy price difference, but oooooo see looks great! a beautiful classic car.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
I was in the market for something that would suit a small family with a growing boy; in anticipation of future hobbies and rapidly changing interests. Initially my head was in the SUV space and I was exclusively looking at 4Runners, (very) used GX460's, and if I'm honest really every pie-in-the sky concept I could plug into car gurus with a maximum price of $45,000.

In comes my dear friend Ben and a conversation we had that influenced my mid-size truck redirection. He had just bought a new 4Runner 4x4 - Black, all decked out with a roof rack and lights and all that. Very Marty McFly if only he had an SUV. And I ask him how he's liking it about 1 year down the road; expecting the usual "love it!" And he says "man, I kinda wish I got a Tacoma or Tundra."

His reasoning was he expected the back compartment to be flexible enough with his kids, but came to find out that he needed to put everything on the roof because without the seats folded down it wasn't as much space as he was anticipating. And that was it - all I could picture from that moment forward was my wife, my son, and I in our truck with the stuff all loaded in the back and nothing piled all on top of us like our (then) most recent camping trip in the sedan.

The Ford Ranger is a quick one - my first "car" ever was a 1991 STX 4x4 in forest green that my mother swears there are photos of teenage me + it in her storage unit. Stay tuned for that one. Until then; the chosen one. We have been out on a family bike trip and a sledding trip in Flagstaff already since purchase in October of last year - dreams fulfilled ?

PXL_20221023_203837081.MP.jpg

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
I was in the market for something that would suit a small family with a growing boy; in anticipation of future hobbies and rapidly changing interests. Initially my head was in the SUV space and I was exclusively looking at 4Runners, (very) used GX460's, and if I'm honest really every pie-in-the sky concept I could plug into car gurus with a maximum price of $45,000.

In comes my dear friend Ben and a conversation we had that influenced my mid-size truck redirection. He had just bought a new 4Runner 4x4 - Black, all decked out with a roof rack and lights and all that. Very Marty McFly if only he had an SUV. And I ask him how he's liking it about 1 year down the road; expecting the usual "love it!" And he says "man, I kinda wish I got a Tacoma or Tundra."

His reasoning was he expected the back compartment to be flexible enough with his kids, but came to find out that he needed to put everything on the roof because without the seats folded down it wasn't as much space as he was anticipating. And that was it - all I could picture from that moment forward was my wife, my son, and I in our truck with the stuff all loaded in the back and nothing piled all on top of us like our (then) most recent camping trip in the sedan.

The Ford Ranger is a quick one - my first "car" ever was a 1991 STX 4x4 in forest green that my mother swears there are photos of teenage me + it in her storage unit. Stay tuned for that one. Until then; the chosen one. We have been out on a family bike trip and a sledding trip in Flagstaff already since purchase in October of last year - dreams fulfilled ?

PXL_20221023_203837081.MP.jpg
Glad your dreams came true :) She looks great!

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Had a '13 Focus ST before my truck, plus an old 03 Explorer that I kept for bad weather. Never really fit in the Focus all that well, the Recaro seats were not meant for someone with bigger legs. Even after swapping the seats for a wider, more accomodating, bucket seat, it was still a bit of a squeeze. After meeting my girlfriend, now wife, we wanted to do more exploring in the mountains west of seattle/tacoma. After getting sent on some less than ideal roads that were rough on us, and had to be taken quite slow for the focus, I realized that I needed to get back into a truck. Being a Ford guy, there really wasn't much debate over other options. Coworkers bought tacomas, which I hated the seating position in, the Colorado's weren't much to look at (although had my coworker been selling their diesel ZR2 a few months earlier than they did, i might be on a different forum), and the Gladiator is too damn expensive, and I don't much like the seating position in those either. Found my ranger on a lot having sat there for over a year, and got a killer deal on it. This was all right before truck prices went crazy. All in all, very happy with the truck. Although the focus was a lot of fun...

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
20220128_141411.jpg

After this happened to elenore and the body shop fixed it I cashed in on super high resale (apparently dealer didn't check carfax) and got a slightly used truck. I was tired of the oversized half tons and wanted something more fuel, travel, and traffic friendly. I looked at every midsized option out there. Was down to Colorado and the ranger. The ranger was much more comfortable, clear winner!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.