What is the largest inverter that can run at idle?

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
I'm running a 1000 watt inverter off a secondary group 31 agm battery in the bed. I'm using a Ctek dc to dc charger with an alternater and a solar charger input on it. Also have a 100w solar blanket I hook up when parked camping. The DC to DC charger only allows max 25 amps to come from my trucks alternator and controls the solar input as well. I added a 12v outlet in the bed as well so fridge can run off that till parked the switch the inverter on and run it through the night. I can grab some pictures in the morning if you'd like. Not a pretty install but slapped it in quick before I ran the Georgia Traverse
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nomadjohn

Nomadjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm running a 1000 watt inverter off a secondary group 31 agm battery in the bed. I'm using a Ctek dc to dc charger with an alternater and a solar charger input on it. Also have a 100w solar blanket I hook up when parked camping. The DC to DC charger only allows max 25 amps to come from my trucks alternator and controls the solar input as well. I added a 12v outlet in the bed as well so fridge can run off that till parked the switch the inverter on and run it through the night. I can grab some pictures in the morning if you'd like. Not a pretty install but slapped it in quick before I ran the Georgia Traverse

This isn't exactly what I was thinking about but it sounds stinking cool.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I have an old Honda 1500W generator that was my dads. It’s portable and if in a few years dead electric cars start appearing on roadsides I can charge say $50 bucks for the delivery will be in order! ?
That’s 1500W, the average EV has a 45000 watt rating so yeah I’m sure for 50 bucks that you will hang out for 30 hour for a full charge ?

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
You know when I was younger we would get 72 cents a pound for aluminum recycling. I had a friend that would pay 98 cents per pound for lead shot. He put that lead shot into the aluminum cans so he could get more money for his cans.

I really tried to explain to him the error of his ways but he had to be right!! Okay dude March on!!

Go figure…

Sophia0110

First Name
Sophia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
As for the inverter, I can recommend the first one AIMS https://generatorpick.com/best-solar-inverter/ It seems to be a quality inverter with fast switching time. It runs the fridge, microwave, two coffee pots, TV, and all lights simultaneously. Gotta like the fact that its pure sinewave so less thd, and safer for your sensitive appliances, tv, and computers.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
You know when I was younger we would get 72 cents a pound for aluminum recycling. I had a friend that would pay 98 cents per pound for lead shot. He put that lead shot into the aluminum cans so he could get more money for his cans.

I really tried to explain to him the error of his ways but he had to be right!! Okay dude March on!!

Go figure…
Your friend went on to become a government financial advisor didn't he ?
Sponsored