What is the electrical noise the Ranger keeps making when it's off?

R_B

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired
In reference to that sound you're hearing, I keep waiting for someone to enter my garage and then I will open the driver side door.
As the sound is happening I'll say "before they went into warp I transported the whole kit 'n' kaboodle into their engine room... where they'll be no tribble at all." ? ?
Sponsored

Brad-Dallas

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor - Black
I couldn't find anything about this but I'm not sure what the search term would be.

The truck makes electrical-ish adjustment noises when it's off. Usually five minutes after shutting it off. I was in the garage today and the truck made the noise twice...and I hadn't started it since yesterday! Another time I took a nap in the truck and it kept making it and from inside I could hear a sorta "ba-dum" note coming from the speakers as well. No wonder I've had two dead batteries already. Truck never shuts up!
I was actually wondering the same exact thing. I’ve always wondered what that electrical humming noise was after you turn the vehicle off.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
1648593558165.png

Husky44

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 2014 F150 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
My wife use to be concerned about her Rav4 making noises while off in the garage, after all noises the ranger makes she no longer worries about it. I don't care either as long as it starts when needed.
Sponsored