Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

LB'sTremor

Well-Known Member
First Name
Loren
Joined
Mar 17, 2022
Threads
22
Messages
569
Reaction score
1,553
Location
Tampa
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
I requested 87 and Tow. My options were were on the box after installing the files are listed as 87-93 Performance and Tow Eco.

I loaded the 87-93 Performance tune, then performed the 10R80 Adaptive Learning Drive Cycle. Just got back. I'm not noticing much of a difference. It still skips 2nd most of the time and it still holds high gears too long at low engine RPMs. I'll contact them tomorrow to discuss. I got my smooth shifts 90% back after I completed the Learning Cycle.

I didn't see a soft shift option... Will call about that too.

this is what the tunes cost me in 2024 not sure today

(from Livernois)
I apologize for the delay in response as the system we use for the contact forms had a glitch so we couldn't see the forms for a while. It is $300 for the ownership transfer fee to allow you to tune your vehicle and then it is $10 per additional tune. When you transfer the tuner to your name, you get 2 tunes with that price. If you have any additional questions, please give us a call and we will get you taken care of.

The 5 Tunes I had, I used 87-89 performance, I could not justify the93 octane but it sure runs great on it with that tune...

91-93 performance
87-89 performance
91-93 performance soft shift
87-89 performance soft shift
91-93 towing
Sponsored

 

veedubtuner

Well-Known Member
First Name
Morgan
Joined
Sep 8, 2021
Threads
90
Messages
1,477
Reaction score
6,560
Location
Tulsa, OK
Vehicle(s)
2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts slinger
Vehicle Showcase
1
Which method did you use on the use on the front? Lower wishbone or upper ball joint? I still haven't installed my fronts and plan to get on it this fall. I'm leaning towards the lower method as it looks simpler.
We opted to go the "remove the caliper" route. Took apart the normal stuff, then loosened the axle nut and removed the caliper to not put stress on the axle. I bought new axle nuts ahead of time for the job. I used this video as a guide.

 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
8,149
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
Technically this was Sat lol.

Took my Ranger to my buddy's back yard shop and we tackled the Eibach stage 2R pro-truck kit. Having never did any work like this on anything other than VW's it was nice to have his help. A lot easier than I was thinking. Rides so much better now. :like:

71bd3211-264c-40af-a2d4-2ca561e08ffa.webp

a0bf8d22-a2d4-465d-b2a0-7dff8e424de8.webp

3c5ff929-100f-4142-84a4-a36f11154fcb.webp

7553ab19-f73f-4a37-b181-35394a90ece7.webp
It looks good setting level Morgan. New running shoes in the bed lol😁?
 


veedubtuner

Well-Known Member
First Name
Morgan
Joined
Sep 8, 2021
Threads
90
Messages
1,477
Reaction score
6,560
Location
Tulsa, OK
Vehicle(s)
2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts slinger
Vehicle Showcase
1
It looks good setting level Morgan. New running shoes in the bed lol😁?
Thanks :like: .

Yup lol, I have some Readylift clearance bars to install, and I'm waiting on my amber lenses for the Baja Designs fog lights so I can do it all at once.. I'll probably have them installed this weekend with pics to follow. :rockon:
 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
8,149
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
Thanks :like: .

Yup lol, I have some Readylift clearance bars to install, and I'm waiting on my amber lenses for the Baja Designs fog lights so I can do it all at once.. I'll probably have them installed this weekend with pics to follow. :rockon:
10-4, look foward to seeing it with the updates👍🙂
 

Dr. Zaius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
7,125
Reaction score
43,593
Location
Living The Dream
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
new console cover. pricier than the one it replaced but seems to fit better and has more cushioning. not sure about the pattern just yet but maybe it will grow on me.

1791301715984-4q.webp

1791301770028-k4.webp
Do you have a link to that cover?
 

philanderer

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Threads
16
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
6,645
Location
land of oz
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger cactus scab

Dr. Zaius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
7,125
Reaction score
43,593
Location
Living The Dream
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Ranger Mel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mel
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
551
Reaction score
2,982
Location
Post Falls, Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4 Tow Package
Occupation
RETIRED (as of 6/11/25) Sports Med, Health and PE Teacher

Doc

Well-Known Member
First Name
Doc
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Threads
94
Messages
5,836
Reaction score
23,517
Location
Live oak fla
Vehicle(s)
2026 5.0 Mustang GT, 2024 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired

Cabose-1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eli
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
2,021
Reaction score
7,663
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT, 4x2, Advance Tow, E-Locker
Occupation
Student
Technically this was Sat lol.

Took my Ranger to my buddy's back yard shop and we tackled the Eibach stage 2R pro-truck kit. Having never did any work like this on anything other than VW's it was nice to have his help. A lot easier than I was thinking. Rides so much better now. :like:

71bd3211-264c-40af-a2d4-2ca561e08ffa.webp

a0bf8d22-a2d4-465d-b2a0-7dff8e424de8.webp

3c5ff929-100f-4142-84a4-a36f11154fcb.webp

7553ab19-f73f-4a37-b181-35394a90ece7.webp
It made your Ranger really shiny!!
Sponsored

 
 








Top